🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

Scott playing U2 songs to Todd was 1 of the best things to ever happen. I also really enjoyed Scott's commentary on the Staind album. "The songs aren't very good." "For me, this sucks." My one critique is that I'd like to hear more Steely Dan.

• Like 2

One correction - "Rock Around the Clock" was originally used as the Happy days theme, but the one Scott played was the later theme made specifically for the show, which (according to Shazam) is simply called "Happy Days" by Pratt & McClain.

wow and I thought I had OCD... but good point. I haven't actually heard that version, or maybe I have and just can't tell the difference since they were talking over it the whole time. the Bikini and Witchdoctor song might be similar... I listed the original people (or chipmunks) that sang them, but they might not be the versions that were played.

I started giggling instantly when I heard Staind, and I don't know if I stopped smiling stupidly for 2 hours. Just great, really great.

• Like 2

Man, I loved this episode. It's up in the top two or three podcast episodes of the year for me along with the August Lindt episode of Andy Daly's podcast.

Todd Glass is the perfect complement to Adam and Scott. He's so goofy, earnest and engaging. It gives them so much material to react to and riff on.

• Like 4

wow and I thought I had OCD... but good point. I haven't actually heard that version, or maybe I have and just can't tell the difference since they were talking over it the whole time. the Bikini and Witchdoctor song might be similar... I listed the original people (or chipmunks) that sang them, but they might not be the versions that were played.

"Rock Around the Clock" and the (second) Happy Days theme are two different songs, not an original and cover of the same song.

• Like 1

For the record, Incubus has made some amazing music. Morning View is classic ummm american music.

"Rock Around the Clock" and the (second) Happy Days theme are two different songs, not an original and cover of the same song.

to avoid further confusion, here's an updated list:

U2 - "Baker Street"

U2 - "Hey Nineteen"

U2 - "Dreams"

U2 & U2 - "Walk This Way"

U2 - "Buddy Holly"

U2 - "Everyday"

U2 - "The Twist"

The U2 & the U2 - "Wipeout"

U2 - "Sledgehammer"

U2 - "Where Everybody Knows Your Name" (Cheers Theme)

The U2 - "I'll Be There for You" (Friends Theme)

U2 - "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini"

U2 and the U2 - "Witch Doctor"

U2 - "Blueberry Hill"

U2 - "Happy Days" (Happy Days Theme)

and the winner, Bill Haley & His Comets - "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For"

• Like 11

this episode is good to listen to a second time, almost like a written thing where something early in the show pays off in a big way by the end

• Like 1

In this version, Todd is the Wedding Planner, of course...

j0bgg7.jpg

• Like 15

I'm geniunely confused by Todd Glass. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Is there some joke that I'm not in on? He just seemed so serious and defensive and dumb (not knowing what autobiographical means). His explosion ~46:00 is particularly strange.

Pretty sure he has severe dyslexia, and in general he's pretty self conscious. But he's still a super nice and super funny and very genuine guy.

• Like 5

Todd guessing if he was actually hearing U2 was funny enough...but when Scott got all serious about playing U2 for real and then played the Cheers theme song, I lost my shit. That moment happened just as I walked into the post office and it was dead quiet in there except for my insane laughter.

I'm definitely going to refer to U2 as "he" from now on.

• Like 3

That moment happened just as I walked into the post office and it was dead quiet in there except for my insane laughter.

I think Scott needs to start saying "I'll make you laugh out loud never at the post office!"

• Like 4

who can forget classics like HAY MAKER ROMANIA THINK YA NEED TA STEP DOWN STEP STEP DOWN

Wrong lyrics. Those were about George Dubya

This may be my favorite episode of any podcast. And add me to the list of people who almost "it's been awhile"d someone they interact with professionally...

If Scott's anything like his geeky character Ben Wyatt on Parks and Rec, then I can only imagine the heights of his excitement for a U2 Spider-Man musical. With Weirder Scott as a cohost, I have a lot of anticipation for the next episode.

Todd Glass describing his parties sounds like he's Danny Mahoney

YOU GOT SOME PROGRESSIVE STUFF SOME DISCO MUSIC SOME WEIRD IRISH SONGS AND PEOPLE HAVE FUCKING FUN AT MY PARTIES

• Like 12

Todd Glass describing his parties sounds like he's Danny Mahoney

YOU GOT SOME PROGRESSIVE STUFF SOME DISCO MUSIC SOME WEIRD IRISH SONGS AND PEOPLE HAVE FUCKING FUN AT MY PARTIES

to be fair, his parties do look fucking awesome

• Like 4

I'm geniunely confused by Todd Glass. I'm not trying to be a jerk. Is there some joke that I'm not in on? He just seemed so serious and defensive and dumb (not knowing what autobiographical means). His explosion ~46:00 is particularly strange.

He's definitely an odd guy, and that explosion was a little weird. Todd does frequently have a lot of fun with pretending to be angry, and maybe he just raises his voice a little too readily in ordinary conversations as a result, I dunno. But he definitely wasn't totally comfortable here -- as he said, he likes to know what he's getting into, and he didn't in this case. And as Pepper R said, I think he's got dyslexia, or some other kinda learning disability, which he alludes to occasionally on his own podcast. Anyway, when he's comfortable, he's much sillier and less serious, aside from when he wants to talk specifically about some real issue like gay rights or whatever.

I hope Scott or Scott explains next week how a Joe Piscopo cameo is so much more amazing than a Mr. T cameo would be.

• Like 3