🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 14 — Staind Glass

Just started listening. Another sequel Adam's been in (along with Hot Tub Time Machine 2) would be Hellraiser: Bloodline.

Also, U2 bros, please steal my "30 Seconds to Sklars" podcast idea.

OH MY GODDD!!!!!!!!! YEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEEE

• Like 1

Todd Glass trying to figure out which song is U2...best moment of this podcast ever. My co-workers thought I was losing my shit when Scott kept fucking around with Todd. I do feel a little bad though, Todd did seem genuinely tense and stressed about the whole thing.

• Like 1

this episode has really made me realize how much I love Todd... I can understand how some people who aren't familiar with him could be turned off based on this episode alone, but I enjoy and relate with his sense of humor so much and he's extremely good at playing the straight man (reverse-pun not intended) in a comedic situation... especially if he's unaware of it like he is in most of this episode.

that being said, the only thing funnier than Todd Glass is James Adomian's impression of Todd Glass.

He's definitely an odd guy, and that explosion was a little weird. Todd does frequently have a lot of fun with pretending to be angry, and maybe he just raises his voice a little too readily in ordinary conversations as a result, I dunno. But he definitely wasn't totally comfortable here -- as he said, he likes to know what he's getting into, and he didn't in this case. And as Pepper R said, I think he's got dyslexia, or some other kinda learning disability, which he alludes to occasionally on his own podcast. Anyway, when he's comfortable, he's much sillier and less serious, aside from when he wants to talk specifically about some real issue like gay rights or whatever.

I think Todd's great and I listen to his podcast just about every week. He strikes me as a very kind, generous, wise, insightful person with little or no formal education who, as a consequence, doesn't always have the language to express himself the way he wants to and who is unfortunately very self-conscious and defensive about it. It seems like that could be a big reason why it's sometimes so hard for him to finish a sentence before interrupting himself with another one.

• Like 10

I think Todd's great and I listen to his podcast just about every week. He strikes me as a very kind, generous, wise, insightful person with little or no formal education who, as a consequence, doesn't always have the language to express himself the way he wants to and who is unfortunately very self-conscious and defensive about it. It seems like that could be a big reason why it's sometimes so hard for him to finish a sentence before interrupting himself with another one.

That seems pretty spot-on.

who is your guys' favorite musician?: U2 or Pink Floyd

I think they're both good guys, but Pink Floyd is such an awesome guitar player, I have to go with him.

• Like 3

I'm not the world's biggest fan of U2 (Achtung Baby has some OK songs, but their output is mostly beige, overly-earnest tripe), but this is seriously one of the funniest podcasts out there right now and Staind Glass topped the first "Slowing it Down" as my fave of the batch so far.

EDIT: Also - I with Adam on his opinion on Staind's Break the Cycle. I used to love that shit back in the day, but listening to it now it sounds like the same ol' interchangeable nu-metal sludge that was so popular back in the early noughties. I mean, apart from Outside and It's Been Awhile it all sounds the same, basically.

Podcast suggestions for the Scotts: U Talkin' Talking Heads 2 Me? U Talkin' Talk Talk 2 Me?

I think this episode shows that a U2 podcast can work, no matter what the guest may or may not think about U2. In that spirit, how about "Hugh Talkin' U2 to Me?" where Scott and Scott bring in Hugh Jackman to discuss the Loveable Lads from Liverpool, being that Jackman is clearly an expert on all things Liverpudlian, him and U2 being from Liverpool.

Also, episode two could feature Hugh Dancy, also from Liverpool.

2z52nfp.jpg

The podcast works brilliantly, but I feel like the next step is to have U2 on the podcast. Obviously the real U2 or Bono would never go on the podcast, but why not bring some of the character talent from Comedy Bang Bang onto the show? The lads from liverpool need to be a part of the show. Maybe then Bono could finally give the Scotts some t-shirts!

I'm sure Paul F Tompkins could bust out a decent Bono character for the show. What do you say Paul, are you a little boy....or a big boy? This is good uhhhh rock and roll...music.

• Like 7

who is your guys' favorite musician?: U2 or Pink Floyd

I think they're both good guys, but Pink Floyd is such an awesome guitar player, I have to go with him.

You mean Randall "Pink" Floyd from Dazed and Confused, right?

I'd love Clive Dundee to be on to update us on the status of his middle eight lawsuit.

• Like 5

to be fair, his parties do look fucking awesome

I didn't see Gabe-a-lot the trumpeter in that video?

GalifianaKISS

CAKE, boss? Cake boss. With Cake Boss. Cake Boss.

Tina/Werner

Dalton Wilco

Red HOT Chilli DOG

• Like 6

I think the Pepper Men would object to that last one, but I'd be down for some "Cake, Boss", where Cake Boss (cakeboss) discusses Cake and Bruce Springsteen.

• Like 6

Apolo Ohno doing a Creed podcast called Apollo Creed

• Like 2

I still want an ep where Kulap and Naomi Scott come on and talk about how much they hate Scott and Scott talking about U2

• Like 7