🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

Jurassic Park III

It has been a while since I saw this movie, but I remember it being more fun than The Lost World, but still pretty bad. To the best of my recollection Dr. Grant's character is completely different than in the first one and is now a wisecracking dino survival expert (though I guess surviving dinosaurs running wild once qualifies one as an expert as much as possible) and the Raptors are now essentially Gremlins...right down to the pack leader having a Mohawk.

• Like 1

IIRC (and to be fair, it's also BEEN A WHILE since I've seen these) this was still better than Lost World, simply for the fact that it basically repeated the formula from the first (people trapped on island with runaway dinosaurs) instead of trying to do mini-Godzilla in San Diego like the 2nd one.

But this one has Tea Leoni doing her neurotic schtick the entire movie, which will drive a sane person mad within 5 minutes, let alone 90.

• Like 3

But this one has Tea Leoni doing her neurotic schtick the entire movie, which will drive a sane person mad within 5 minutes, let alone 90.

I rewatched the trilogy a few months back and this is the gist of it... after two movies of horror and fear driving the suspense, this movie turns around and gives us Tea fucking Leoni as the loudest, dumbest, emptiest shell of a human being running around oblivious to all the threats until they're right in her face. At which point she gets even louder. Other than Leoni, it's your standard enjoyably bad movie. But boy there's a lot of cringe-worthy Leoni moments in the opening 20 minutes.

On another site, a reviewer put it best when she called this movie "90 minutes of dinosaurs failing to kill people."

Sign in to follow this