🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 136 — Hallelujah the Hills

Just so I understand where you are coming from, give me a couple of examples of bands with good jams.

You should have Phish come in and do a 4 hour set and then do a scene about how sick it was, brah.

I like the musical guests. I think it incorporates new themes into the show. It's not normally music that I'm familiar with but I like learning about bands like this.

Also, please press 5. Please!

• Like 2

I was skeptical of the musical guest episodes before I heard the first one, but they've all been really good. The performances have been great, and it doesn't affect the improv negatively in any way.

Anyway, great episode.

I'd never heard of Hallelujah The Hills before this, but I enjoyed them. They had a bit of a Cake/Superchunk feel to me.

Loved that Telephone scene, definitely best of worthy.

• Like 1

Commenting so I can remember to mention the telephone scene in the next Best Of request. Although from the others here, that shouldn't be a problem to remember. Always know there's good best of opportunities when Lauren Lapkus is on the marquee.

• Like 1

in a way i dread the day lauren lapkus totally blows up and is too busy to appear on earwolf shows all the time any more

i'll still be happy for her tho

• Like 8

I don't think I've seen Jeff Hiller on any best guests lists, but every single episode he's on he's the highlight (though he had a run for his money with Lauren this episode).

I can't think of a single musical guest on an Earwolf show I flat out didn't like (but that doesn't mean there hasn't been one), and this was no different. I dug them.

I love I4H though rarely have laugh out loud moments. Don't need them to enjoy comedy. This show was a gem, however. Nonstop laughter. This show is fucking free. Thanks Besser.

Goddammit I still can't down load this on my iPhone. I had to download the Jessica/Lennon/Jason episode again. Still great, but I'd like to hear the new one!

Goddammit I still can't down load this on my iPhone. I had to download the Jessica/Lennon/Jason episode again. Still great, but I'd like to hear the new one!

Have you gone from the show page to the soundcloud link and downloaded the mp3 from there?

Just so I understand where you are coming from, give me a couple of examples of bands with good jams.

You can put whatever music you want on your podcast but since you mention your punk inclinations in multiple episodes you might try bands from these different labels - sacred bones, hardly art or what's your rupture. support real music!

• Like 1

You can put whatever music you want on your podcast but since you mention your punk inclinations in multiple episodes you might try bands from these different labels - sacred bones, hardly art or what's your rupture. support real music!

So those are the labels your friends are on?

Drag the River isn't punk? I just searched for Hardly Art music on youtube. The first two songs that come up are by Deep Time and Hunx. Never been a fan of really simple Ramones knock-offs. On Sacred Bones records first video that came up was by Folkazoid which sounded like wispey goth bullshit. DTR makes these bands look like weepy babies. The Men on Sacred Bones I did like but honestly they sound like a poor man's Hallelujah the Hills.

Please give me a more specific example of good music before you insult the my taste and my friends.

So those are the labels your friends are on?

Drag the River isn't punk? I just searched for Hardly Art music on youtube. The first two songs that come up are by Deep Time and Hunx. Never been a fan of really simple Ramones knock-offs. On Sacred Bones records first video that came up was by Folkazoid which sounded like wispey goth bullshit. DTR makes these bands look like weepy babies. The Men on Sacred Bones I did like but honestly they sound like a poor man's Hallelujah the Hills.

Please give me a more specific example of good music before you insult the my taste and my friends.

Just to be clear I wasn't the original person you were responding to. I thought from your post you were just looking for suggestions/open to ideas from anyone. I didn't insult anything about your guests/tastes/friends. Just some ideas!

Just to be clear I wasn't the original person you were responding to. I thought from your post you were just looking for suggestions/open to ideas from anyone. I didn't insult anything about your guests/tastes/friends. Just some ideas!

Sorry I did assume it was same person. But I took your "support real music" seriously. I guess I think the guys I've had on the show represent the most righteous way to navigate the music industry. You can't get more real.

• Like 2

The "support real music" was an exclamation in solidarity to your phrase you say on your show all the time. Keep fighting the good fight! The show is having a great year. Keep it up.

• Like 1

Hey Matt, have you checked out Lee Bains III and the Glory Fires? They just put out a new album and I think you might like it. They're all super nice guys as well.

Hey Matt, this is my buddies band in San Diego if you wanna check out some of the younger stuff and have a few mins to kill. They are called Spero

The "support real music" was an exclamation in solidarity to your phrase you say on your show all the time. Keep fighting the good fight! The show is having a great year. Keep it up.

Cool, give me some links. I'm always looking for new music. If they live in LA all the better.

• Like 3

I don't think I've seen Jeff Hiller on any best guests lists, but every single episode he's on he's the highlight (though he had a run for his money with Lauren this episode).

I can't think of a single musical guest on an Earwolf show I flat out didn't like (but that doesn't mean there hasn't been one), and this was no different. I dug them.

I love I4H though rarely have laugh out loud moments. Don't need them to enjoy comedy. This show was a gem, however. Nonstop laughter. This show is fucking free. Thanks Besser.

Definitely. Jeff Hiller is always a highlight for me.

I'm late to the party, but I wanted to tell the people hating on the musical guests (or the music-improv concept) to fuck off. I was a doubter at first, but I've been introduced to some crazy good artists this year thanks to I4H. The concept is clicking really well right now and I"m digging it. Pumped for the next one!

• Like 1