🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 290 — Shed Busting

GREAT episode all around, and the first half was amazing. I would totally listen to a side project where Scott and guests talk in a light but genuine way about real issues--"Real Talk With Scotty Auk" maybe?

• Like 2

I'll bet you don't get Too much feedback on the ads...but if you mention the Twilight Zone Radio Drama collection again as you do in the Audible ad, the co-writer Henry Slesar's name is pronounced "Slay-sir"...he was a great writer of crime fiction, did a little sf and fantasy aside from these items, and among his television scripting was impressive work on Alfred Hitchcock Presents: and the famously crime-drama-oriented soap The Edge of Night (the network soap with the largest proportion of male viewers as a result).

Excellent discussion/episode.

"How does a tiger blow itself up?"

the correct answer, of course, is "Tiger Balm"

• Like 3

This was really refreshing listening to three comedians discuss serious topics in a serious way. Although if something funny happened, that was okay too.

It certainly wasn't the emphasis of this particular episode, but I found myself experiencing more than one big belly laugh.

At the same time, I feel they really peeled many layers off of the onion of this topic. I would even say they covered 80 percent!

• Like 8

I love the occasional episode like this that is different and real and insightful. Nice to hear James talk about his personal life, kind of giving you a look behind the curtain and Todd was great as always.

• Like 1

I demand another Glass/Adomian episode ASAP.

They should do a semi-regular show of their own called The Podcast Situation

• Like 2

They should do a semi-regular show of their own called The Podcast Situation

(I realise James is on The Todd Glass Show a bunch btw)

• Like 1

Little dick big dick is a timeless classic joke.

• Like 6

I got the Helen Thomas reference, but only because she was portrayed a few times on SNL.

LOVED this episode! It made me feel good and hopeful inside. I appreciated the discussion and especially the plea for trans inclusion/acceptance/however you want to say it. Also i was imagining that the whole first segment was just to get to the title of Todd's book. Fingers crossed that it will be on audible dot com.

• Like 2

Also i was imagining that the whole first segment was just to get to the title of Todd's book. Fingers crossed that it will be on audible dot com.

THE TODD GLASS SITUATION

Read by James Adomian as Todd Glass

• Like 7

THE TODD GLASS SITUATION

Read by James Adomian as Todd Glass

"What if that was the bit, that you were reading my audiobook"

• Like 9

As a former choral singer I loved Scott's explanation of/insistence on crisp ending consonants.

"Can you believe we did not rehearse that?!"

• Like 2

One thing I love about Todd and James being on the same show is how Todd likes to be super delicate and hesitant about "the situation," while James can be totally explicit and aggressive about it.

Also, I could listen to these guys talk about damn near anything for two hours.

I never actually knew James was gay so when Scott addressed him to provide insight I was a bit confused. Yeah, it is hilarious how different they are.

• Like 1

the "closet" can be a metaphor for any social taboo. It is inspiring to hear someone speaking out againt the darkness and the silence. I'd like to say hello from "la casa chica", a Latin American taboo that I was born into...

Todd always brings the realness.

It's interesting, though, how Scott couldn't think of the number one reason public bathrooms are segregated: women's safety. That seemed like an obvious first thought, at least to me. It really makes it obvious how for men & women it always comes down to humiliation vs. actual murder.

On a lighter note, this one had such great rapport and managed to be consitently funny throughout.

• Like 3

It's interesting, though, how Scott couldn't think of the number one reason public bathrooms are segregated: women's safety. That seemed like an obvious first thought, at least to me. It really makes it obvious how for men & women it always comes down to humiliation vs. actual murder.

I agree, he was mostly joking, but I do think that men are more likely to fear embarrassment/humiliation as the major threat from women, whereas women are more likely to fear assault and violence as the major threat from men. That discussion was kind of jarring to me, perhaps because I have a lot of feelings about bathroom/locker room/etc. segregation in relation to safety and discrimination, especially with regard to people who are not gender binary.

Anyway, I really liked this episode and I thought the more serious first half was a nice change of pace (and still had several laugh out loud moments). Todd Glass has been killing it in his most recent appearances, just bought his book and am excited to read it!

• Like 1

I do think that Scott sounds kind of insane when he's trying to explain his theory about the ideal pubic toilets. I can kind of understand where he's coming from in certain aspects of it (namely the privacy part, because I always try to avoid uh, sitting down in public toilets...), but there's definitely a 'Wait, what?' element to the way he explains it.

I thought the first half of this episode was brilliant. As Scott says, very much not what you normally expect from Comedy Bang Bang but refreshing and very interesting. But I was totally out when Paul Giamatti was introduced. I think James Adomian can be funny, and I enjoyed George W., but I find it impossible to enjoy his characters when they start talking about/doing repulsive sexual activity.

• Like 1

I thought the first half of this episode was brilliant. As Scott says, very much not what you normally expect from Comedy Bang Bang but refreshing and very interesting. But I was totally out when Paul Giamatti was introduced. I think James Adomian can be funny, and I enjoyed George W., but I find it impossible to enjoy his characters when they start talking about/doing repulsive sexual activity.

You must have really been out during the Giamatti/Hoffman episode.

• Like 2

I am curious - do you have the same problem when Andy Daly's characters talk about repulsive sex acts?

• Like 1

James Adomian's overlooked "well, what about the bookstore?" when Scott was talking about being able to wiggle his dick around in a public restroom made me laugh so hard that my own dick started to wiggle around involuntarily.

• Like 3

I am curious - do you have the same problem when Andy Daly's characters talk about repulsive sex acts?

It doesn't feel to me like Andy Daly's characters do it as often as Adomian's do, or in such detail. Maybe it's the voices of the characters that make a difference, or that Adomian takes it further than Daly does. But no, I can't recall being put off by Daly's characters in the same way. And I do think Daly is funnier.