🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 158 — Film Composing

Kyle starts the show off by discussing his recent experience performing at the Sasquatch festival and his appearance on Howard Stern before everybody discusses their current work projects and life status. Then, film composer and music editor Nate Underkuffler joins the crew to discuss film composing, film scoring, changing musical trends, and the landscape of the composing world. Tune in to hear a great interpretation of The Fast and the Furious by the gang and more!

• Like 1

I was so happy that David brought up Clint Mansell. His score, along with the Kronos Quartet, for Requiem For a Dream is by far and way my favorite of all time. His score for Pi was also pretty amazing! Great ep!

Great episode. Really like the subject matter and Nate's enthusiasm was wonderful. I have a pretty vast collection of film scores because I like to write with them going in the background. Right now my favorite is a creepy sounding Coraline score.

Playing out fast and furious was gold.

• Like 2

Super funny show, as always.

Completely disagree with David about Punch Drunk Love though, such a beautiful and fitting score. Jon Brion is a genius.

• Like 1

Anyone seen Under The Skin? That score blew me away. That and The Grand Budapest Hotel both had killer scores.

I was listening to some old eps and they all have so much more energy and so much less bickering.

The tempo meter mat(sp?) thing made me laugh.

I remember first hearing the Star Wars score before I saw the film. I thought it was a the music from a Western.

I like these soundtracks:

The Thin Red Line

Road to Perdition

Kundun

Mishima

Cave of Forgotten Dreams

The Fountain

Completely disagree with David about Punch Drunk Love though, such a beautiful and fitting score. Jon Brion is a genius.

Completely agree with ratpack on disagreeing with David about Brion's Punch Drunk Love score. It's an incredible score, and mixed in exactly the right way.

Sign in to follow this