🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 35 — Mikal Cronin, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean start off the show talking about their love of French films with a French documentary crew in-studio and do a segment where they explore how different music can change the tone of a movie scene. Then, the guys bring in the first person signed to their record label, Mikal Cronin, for a special musical episode where they talk about Neil Young and Leonardo Da Vinci's adventures. Also, is Engineer Cody stealing cable from the Earwolf studio? Tune in to find out.

I'll just say that as of now, there are no photos on the epi-page. I don't know why they'd even pretend that they're being filmed by a french documentary crew.

• Like 1

I thought buying the pro version was code for donating to the show and you guys all seem a lot less generous now

Thanks for the song though and the pro version is great I got those photos they talked about and Cody hooked me up with free HBO

• Like 11

Excited to hear if Tim Tresse also got an offer from Gojirra Records in additional to Mikal. We know for a fact that Hayes and Sean have listened to his Popcorn Gallery song more than once so I don't see how he couldn't have.

• Like 8

The scene of angrily making out in a boudoir to Limp Bizkit really brought me back to my childhood. Very evocative, like that scene in Ratatoiuille with the grumpy franch critic. Music really is miracles!

• Like 1

WHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? GODDAMN I WASN'T READING THE FORUMS AND I HAVE SOOOOOOO MANY QUESTIONS FOR MIKAL CRONIN DAMNNNNNNIT!! Gonna listen now and will post some of homeboy's music on facebook today 'cause he's the shit.

Seriously -- i've been hoping you guys would interview someone who musics, and you picked a good one.

• Like 2

Sean isn't even in any of them, though.

I need to at least know what type of camera those Frenchies use to film.

Hollywood Manuel : un guide d'initié à kicking butt et suppression de noms le tapis rouge bordée de dos couloirs de cette industrie nous appelons showbiz.

Quoi de neuf? Quoi de neuf?

• Like 11

Hey bros, first time long time. I wanna a part of the Hollywood handbook crew/scoop troupe, but I don't feel cool enough. I need a hollywood handbook forum handbook.

On-topic, though, I'm so totes digging Davinchis Diamonds. So legit. I think the best part is that the musics narrate all the physical action on screen and sometimes even contains dialogue and swears.

Mikal really brought his a-game. I remember seeing him back when he didn't even have the tissue box. All he had was a dirty Lambchop hand puppet and a hair comb to make the guitar string sounds.

• Like 8

Jacob,

Welcome! I'm fairly new to the forums too, so I'll wait for the vets to weigh in. What I can suggest though, is just be cool. I was starstruck too at first, but you just need to not freak out. So like if showshowbro or Andy Kneis or Chanson or somebody posts (or even MENTIONS you), just be cool about it and try not to act like such a freak-a-zoid fan.

• Like 3

Hey bros, first time long time. I wanna a part of the Hollywood handbook crew/scoop troupe, but I don't feel cool enough. I need a hollywood handbook forum handbook.

for a couple hundred bucks ill give you the official Toby Keith Sweat Seal of Approval™ and you'll be a made man until the day you die (sorry to bring up your mortality but its a fact that we're all going to die some day)

you can send me the money on paypal at bigcountrymamahubbabubba69@gmail.com (we all keep our money in burlap sacks around here & the only person i know with a paypal account is my tech-savy aunt, w/e)

• Like 8

foruming, a guide: just post funny things, dont do a hayes and sean impression all the time

so far your doing great

• Like 5

In repeatedly refreshing the epi page I've seen that there's a comment on the sound cloud page and really? That's a thing we're doing now? There's a new field of HH fan-community that I have to dominate?

Also I really liked this one, Mikal Kronin is a good guest.

foruming, a guide: just post funny things, dont do a hayes and sean impression all the time

so far your doing great

This good advice? Too scary.

• Like 1

added the pictures. sorry for the wait.

edit: oops hi cody

• Like 1

hey guys, are the pics available yet

edit: Ah.

• Like 7

H+S reading the "You're Still The One" scene made my peener tingle.

I don't know who this Mike L. Cronut is, but the 'man + guitar' shtick is a total rip-off of Nick Thune's act. Shame on him.

• Like 4

Just make sure to check the forums every 20 minutes and post a lot. Say mean things about me once in a while. Hit on Valerie Bryant, Agata, and Freja - only because you think they're awesome though, not because you're a misogynist. Write fan fiction about Hayes and Sean fucking random people. You'll do alright.

--------------------

This episode was tres bon. I enjoyed it mucho. Especially the musical interludes.

PS - Mein Französisch ist sehr schlecht.

• Like 9

Bloody Chanson, what a wanker.

(Sorry, just meeting my Chanson-bashing quota)

• Like 9

Hey, that's totally alright. Just don't cross the line that I will acknowledge exists but not elaborate upon and we'll have no problems.

--------------------------------

...That film crew does look very French as well. So that's good.

• Like 3

pics are LIVE!

whoa i was going to say today that u should post here cody, we will be nice to you

• Like 3

Also noteworthy is:

1) Andrew is British. He's really British. If he was American and faking it by using words like "bloody" and "wanker", he's be a cigarette (get that funny joke?).

2) There are three forum members we're all only pretending to like. IF you can guess who they are, you get a prize.

3) Fan fiction is a good way to get a lot of likes.

4) There are three types of posters:

i) High-volume, medium-quality. These posters post all the time and are usually funny. Expect 1-3 likes per post

ii) Low-volume, exquisite-quality. These posters post a few times per week and usually nail it. Expect upwards of 5 likes per post. Examples: OcterDoctopus, VB

iii) Those three people we're only pretending to like. Again, these people are human garbage and no one likes them but it's funny to pretend. All of their likes are sarcastic.

5) You're new here. Suck my dick. Seriously, you have to do it. Suck my dick. Do it. Now. Yeaaaaaaahhhhhh

6) Hayes and Sean don't post here that much. I'm pretty sure they only occasionally even read it. They advertise on the show that you can talk to them here, but they're big-leaguing you. But you can't complain, because they're the alpha dogs and if you don't pay them 'spect then you're one of the dumpster people.

7) Oh and one more thing. If you go on vacation or otherwise can't post on here for any period of time, LET US KNOW BEFOREHAND. It's scary when you think something bad happened to Chanson.

8) Note the locations of the members. Most members will give you their state or even city. If you live near one, go to one of the local meetups. For example, Val and I get lunch three times a week to discuss the show and the direction of the forums. But we're premium members, so even if you live nearby you'll have to go to one of the junior meetups for a while before you can come to one of the premium meetups. You should put in a request for a corp card to expense travel and meal expenses you incur for these meetups. Until you get the corp card, just keep your receipts and submit expense reports.

9) Oh, I actually thought the pro version was only for donators, too. The one time I got it was right after I donated a butt-ton of money to the show. I guess it's actually just for a random forum member. So if you do well you can get a shout-out. Also we try to use real names on here now.

• Like 10

meee-yow, the claws are out this week

• Like 7