🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 35 — Mikal Cronin, Our Close Friend

I went to Arizona on holiday (too hot, please fix that) and I saw multiple lizards. On the ground, just scuttling around, and no-one seemed to care that these people lived among LIZARDS like that was a normal thing to see everyday.

Hmm yes I think I'm aware of Arizona. I worked at a camp with somebody who claimed to be from there, but the only other detail I can recall about him is that while he was at a Band retreat he almost dropped a tuba on a girl he was having sex with.

Maybe Chanson can speak on this, but given lizards are essentially a free commodity are pet store lizards considered premium lizards?

• Like 4

Matt I didn't know you did PR.

You think I could hit you up on linked in or something.

For sure. Holler on the Link. Keep in mind I don't throw out pro bono PR. Not even for dear, dear forum colleagues.

• Like 1

Hayes, Sean, if you're reading this, DO NOT listen to the Comedy Bang Bang that came out today.

i agree, its p boring this week

• Like 2

Hayes, Sean, if you're reading this, DO NOT listen to the Comedy Bang Bang that came out today.

I won't sleep for weeks.

• Like 1

You guys ever wonder if Stephen Hawking is just faking the whole disabled genius thing?

Like maybe he's not even that smart, he just uses that laptop to google the answer to every

question... and if so, would that make him a Stephen Fraudking?

• Like 1

either way 1 thing is for sure, that paralyzed man needs to be knocked down a peg or 2

• Like 3

has anyone else on this board never listened to another earwolf podcast??

when i first downloaded the podcasts app, RSS was in it's first week. it showed up in the recently added category and i just randomly clicked on it 'cause whatever -- i was waiting for the j train, why not?

i listen to a fly fishing podcast and i hear stern and opie & anthony every morning (not by choice -- my desk is next to their engineers..) but if i WERE to listen to one -- which one is the funniest?

plz discuss.

there are actually a lot of good earwolf shows, but if your sticking to only trying 1 make it improv4humans. heres my breakdown of the other ones tho:

analyze phish: 90% over. pretty ok show but not essential

**andy daly pilot podcast project: limited run, but PROBABLY THE BEST 8 EPISODES OF ANY PODCAST OF ALL TIME, for real check this one out, its a short run, you have nothing to lose

by the way, etc: seems to be over, I listened to 2 and neither were anything special

**comedy bang bang: the most consistently great show on the network and the flagship show, its crazy to me u havent heard any

earwolf presents: not actually a show, just highlights new ones

foglenest files: aka Jake Fogelnest's Catchphrase Hour. jake is very positive and some ppl react well to him but i find him very grating. his show has a decent concept. its a bad show to me tho

**HH: your here already

**how did this get made?: they talk about bad movies, a good show, sporadic release schedule

**improv4humans: while i4h is not as consistent as CBB it's highs are much higher, matt besser is a comedy legend, and he does a really great job of scouting new talent and getting a variety of people on the show. my most highly recommended show.

kevin pollak: the kevin pollak namedrop hour. its an interview show with solid guests but another bad host, avoid

nerd poker: i dont really get this show, i guess it would be fun if u were into d&d but i cant follow that at all and the hosts are not very funny

**never not funny: Jimmy Pardo is a really funny person and he has great conversations with his guests without it being much of an interview show. i love this show a lot

owen and tj read the news: ive only listened to one, a character show but the characters are not very funny, also i dont think theyre making new ones

professor blastoff: i havent listened to a lot of this but the one i heard had some weird pseudo-sciencey person on and i could hold no truck, i could see other people liking it maybe tho

rafflecast: should have been great, wasnt, over

ronna and beverly: characters are good but very dependant on the guest, i dont bother to check who they have any more tho

sklarboro country: sklars and sports. if u like those things its for you. i dont.

cracked: bleh, this is a bad show, i dont even want to talk about it

topics: another should be great but isnt

totally laime: one time these guys were talking about starting a kickstarter for their fans to donate to so they could go on vacation, in a very "HAHA we're just joking unless youre down in which case we guess we'll go along with it HAHA" way, i couldnt listen to their bougie bullshit any more

**U talking U2 to me?: a very good show worth checking out. i hate U2 a whole lot and every time they play them it hurts me inside but i still listen because its funny

who charted?: ok show depending on the guest

the wolf den: who could possibly give a shit

yo is this racist: 4 minutes of conversation wrapped in 4 minutes of ads

here are all the words i had, i marked ones i subscribe to with **, i listen to a lot of podcasts at work~

• Like 6

Andy Daly PPP: Everyone won't stop talking about how great this series is and they're right. However, I'd question how much you'd get out of it without the groundwork the Comedy Bang Bang episodes made. Learn the characters first. I'd recommend doing a choice listen through CBB (especially all the Andy Daly episodes) before moving onto this. It's high-level stuff.

CBB: Listen. It's so good. Pick which eps you listen to based on the guests. Paul F Tompkins is always great (but he's on like 100 episodes so it won't help you to pick out episodes). Andy Daly is amazing. James Adomian is amazing. Brett Gelman is amazing. I love all of the Tim Heidecker episodes but that's a little bit more controversial. Tim Heidecker just gets my funny bone. I'm sure I'm forgetting amazing recurring guests. The best parts of Comedy Bang Bang come from how deep the canonization of the characters gets. I'd recommend listening to the essentials: The Best-Ofs, all of the anniversary and Christmas episodes, Time Bobby 1,2,3, Farts and Procreation 1 and 2 (didn't really like 3), all of the Andy Daly ones (especially the ones with Zouks), at least 4 of the Jessica St. Clair ones (New No-Nos is my favorite), Two Thumbs and Not Much Else. Sorry I've written a lot but CBB is a very deep show with a lot to offer, and it's probably my second-favorite podcast.

I4H: I like this show but don't love it. As Greggy said, its highs can be really, really high, but some episodes just really don't do it for me. Lauren Lapkus consistently kills, and the episodes about beastiality are classics. Sean "Long Dong" Clements has appeared in a few, so you gotta listen to those. The Jessica St. Clair, Lennon Parham, and Jason Mantzoukas episodes are great.

Topics: I love Topics. Yes, it's kind of the same joke over and over, but it's only 20 minutes a week, and for me it hasn't really gotten old yet. I really love Black and Show though (Stella is one of my favorite shows of all time).

Some of the more popular ones that I'm comme ci, comme ca on are Who Charted (can be funny depending on the guest, but overall I want more jokes and bits in my podcasts), How Did This Get Made (I love everyone involved, but only certain episodes have really made me buss' up my whole spit... the Sharknado ep with Scotty Awk is my favorite), Professor Blastoff is just kinda funny to me, and Sklarbro Country can go either way.

I'm really not that into U Talkin' U2 To Me? I love the Scotts but I find myself getting very easily burnt out on that specific type of funny (for example, Farts and Pro 1 and 2 I loved but by 3 I'm kind of done with it).

Yo Is This Racist? should be "Yo This Is Garbage". There are other, more eloquent people who have written more on why this show is trash. Particularly, I4H had a segment called "Yo Is 'Yo Is This Racist?' Racist?". All I know is they're really annoying and never funny, and they LOVE themselves.

EarHump is of course great. I mean, I've only ever listened to one episode, and even though they have the episodes recorded they don't seem to publish them anywhere, and sure by any normal metric the show is kind of a disaster, but I sort of know (in an internet sense mostly though I did meet Avery and Josephine) a couple of the people on it and they take calls so it's kind of fun.

• Like 2

has anyone else on this board never listened to another earwolf podcast??

Gelmania, you ever heard of it, ya dingus?

• Like 4

gee whillikers yes, everyone listen to gelmania. drop everything, quit your job, move to a commune and spend all day listening to brett g and cyrus g & friends fuckin kill it

• Like 3

I think I've been buried alive. Help. I'm in a wooden box and the air is getting thin. All I have is this smartphone that only allows me to access this forum. Please find me. I don't know where I've been for the past 4 days.

• Like 3

I think I've been buried alive. Help. I'm in a wooden box and the air is getting thin. All I have is this smartphone that only allows me to access this forum. Please find me. I don't know where I've been for the past 4 days.

iPhone or Android?

• Like 2

Also, which software update are you on? Please clear your cache and try restarting your phone

I only listen to HH and WTF. #realtalk

wtf are you doing listening to that bad show

• Like 4

Android, and it is pretty slow. Probably an old O.S. I think someone from the forum is behind this.

if you go into "settings" then "about this phone" you can check for any current OS updates. However, carriers generally don't push updates for phones after like 6 months (because they're all dicks). I think if you have an available OS update, you mike make it through this.

Android, and it is pretty slow. Probably an old O.S. I think someone from the forum is behind this.

Any chance there's a newer Android model in there with you that you could shove your SIM card into?

• Like 1

Jeffrey,

Here's what you do. Log on to gazelle.com and request a prepaid envelope. I'll bring it to you (since I was the one who kidnapped and buried you) just toss your old phone in there, seal it and send it back. You could then earn $100, $200, up to $300 dollars for your old phone! Even if the screen is cracked. OK? I buried you in front of a Home Depot so you could fer sure use that money to hire some day laborers to dig you out. Just yell really loud in Spanish.

• Like 6