🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 15 — Spider-Man: Turn Off The Dark

the "a worthy, uh..." reference was golden.

That was the greatest moment in CBB history.

Yeah, I said it.

• Like 2

That was the greatest mkoment in CBB history.

Yeah, I said it.

My favorite CBB moment was the one time Scott said "My Wife" like Borart.

I liked this episode a lot. I found the story of the musical to be really interesting. I honestly think a cool podcast would be some people reading a non fiction book and summarizing the most interesting parts in a fun way, just like this 'sode.

• Like 3

Is this the performance Aukerman was talking about from Letterman?

Also, whenever Scott says "Hey Spiderman??" it's soo reminiscent of the cadence Paul Rust uses for New No-No's.

If they run out of topics for the podcast I think they should transition into Cake Boss, a comprehensive podcast on Bruce Springsteen recorded while eating dessert.

• Like 8

Also, speaking of Paul Rust, they should do a podcast with him about Rush, called Rusht.

And add Cake Boss (Cake Boss) as that is how he says Rust.

• Like 3

Is this the performance Aukerman was talking about from Letterman?

I think the one he was mostly talking about from Letterman was "A Freak Like Me Needs Company": http://shakefire.com/embed/40394.

Makes me cringe pretty bad but at least it does seem like the actor playing the Green Goblin is enjoying himself. Glad somebody was.

The number actually reminds me of Paul Rust's Dr. Traygo's creeeeepies.

• Like 2

This is my favorite podcast episode, and they didn't call me a sourpuss!

Faced with a choice, do both

• Like 1

Deductible1-e1401926215716.jpg

Hi-res.

There are a lot of podcasts about money in this podcast.

• Like 24

Great episode, but I can't believe they forgot to do a proper intro for the debut episode of "Was it a Hit?"

Now that we appear to have run out of U2 to talk 2 me, I think it would be cool if each week was dedicated to a different band, a la last week's Staind Glass.

• Like 1

"Christian Slater! Let the record show I pulled my hair back, like I was doing Jack Nicholson."

When Scott said that, I laughed so hard I missed the next minute of show.

• Like 4

So what are our guesses for next week's special episode? My money is on Scott and Scott's former girlfriends whom they married making guest appearances to say 'What the fuck is wrong with U 2 and talkin' U2?' but it could also be the long awaited college girls episode, a sit down with Bono or old sourpuss himself, or something completely different.

I'm hoping that they'll go album by album through other bands they've talked about before, like REM, Billy Joel, or RHCP. It would be hilarious to me if this was a weekly podcast that didn't mention U2 for months at a time, except for the intro and outro.

• Like 2

I'm hoping that they'll go album by album through other bands they've talked about before, like REM, Billy Joel, or RHCP. It would be hilarious to me if this was a weekly podcast that didn't mention U2 for months at a time, except for the intro and outro.

My dream shows:

R.E.Member The Titans (of Rock'n'Roll, R.E.M)

It's Still (Good) Rock'n'Roll (uh..uh..uh Music) To Me: The Billy Joel Story

Old News News, New News News: A Huey Lewis REPORT.

You Besser You Bet(ter Talk About "the Who") With Matt Besser

Rust On Metal With Paul Rust, an Insider's Guide to The Most Brutal Trends in Modern Metal

Daly Double Vision: A Beginner's Guide To Foreigner With Jon and Andy Daly

Poison From Posehn (self explanatory)

Adomi-Men At Work (also self explanatory)

• Like 6

How did we get through an entire episode with Doug (who loves movies) without talking about how much Scott and Scott love films??

• Like 13

I think the one he was mostly talking about from Letterman was "A Freak Like Me Needs Company": http://shakefire.com/embed/40394.

Makes me cringe pretty bad but at least it does seem like the actor playing the Green Goblin is enjoying himself. Glad somebody was.

Oh boy. That was bad.

• Like 1

Hey Spidey, maybe you could get on your boots (sexy boots that is) and turn off the fucking dark already?

• Like 7

In the illustrious 17 year history of the What's Your Deductible, Bro? podcast I think this episode's episode is the best yet!

They finally addressed Scott's pronunciation! That's been such a long time coming. I honestly never thought I'd live to see it.

Maybe it's just me, but for me, every time I hand something to someone lately, I have a strong compulsion to do the Scott/Scott audio cable Punk.

Hi Spidey.

It's the Johnson's upstairs in apartment 22. We hate to do this. It's just that the baby is trying to sleep and Barry's got to get up early in the morning. - Would you mind turning of the dark?

Thanks so much.

• Like 3

I work in the music "biz" (business) so these music themed podcasts always interest me. But I think it's a testament to how totally hysterical Scott (and Scott) are that they can make a podcast about one of my absolute least favorite bands EVER so enjoyable and funny. My dislike for u2 has actually increased while listening to this show but its only gotten funnier and more entertaining. I could probably listen to these guys do a podcast about Mumford & Sons for christ's sake....well maybe I wouldn't go that far but you know what I mean.

• Like 1

So what are our guesses for next week's special episode? My money is on Scott and Scott's former girlfriends whom they married making guest appearances to say 'What the fuck is wrong with U 2 and talkin' U2?' but it could also be the long awaited college girls episode, a sit down with Bono or old sourpuss himself, or something completely different.

I would love to see an episode with Kulap and Naomi. But I'm thinking they might also include an in-depth look at behind the scenes of UTU2TM? A real "how the bread is made" episode. How have they contacted each other to plan recordings for each episode, text or email? Why is there often miscommunication over what time they're meeting? Who contacts Engineer Cody Sam to get them in the studio? Is Adam getting frustrated with the cord hand-over punk? Etc.

• Like 3