🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 291 — Summer Haunted House

Better Call Saul’s Bob Odenkirk & Cabin Boy director Adam Resnick stop on by for a b-b-b-bonus Comedy Bang! Bang! Bob debuts his Johnny Carson impression, Adam reads an excerpt from his hilarious memoir Will Not Attend: Lively Stories of Detachment and Isolation, and author Thor Silverblatt stops by to ask a couple questions about Adam’s new book. Then, local advertisers Pammy and Earl Bixby drop by to announce their summer hours for their spooky haunted house in Connecticut. Warning: Listening to this episode might cause you to have a laugh attack.

NeIl Casey AND Fran Gillespie?!? its like a dream come true!

• Like 2

I haven't listened yet, but I am already nervous about Adam Resnick on CBB. He is hilarious but extremely low energy. I hope I am wrong and it turned out awesome.

I was confused by this episode. Scott kept saying Adam was to his left, but he never established if he was at the 6 o clock or 12 o clock. So was Adam at the 9 or the 3? Hard to follow.

• Like 11

Adam Resnick's involvement with Late Night with David Letterman's golden age and Get A Life makes him a Comedy God.

The Bixbys were clearly ghosts themselves. Kind of you not to brace them on this, but self-awareness is useful even for the dead.

Congrats, Bernard_Shakey, on your absurdist catchphrase! It would have stuck, if Bob hadn't interfered.

• Like 1

I could take a whole episode of just Thor.

• Like 9

Congrats, Bernard_Shakey, on your absurdist catchphrase! It would have stuck, if Bob hadn't interfered.

Thank you. It was an honor and a privilege to have my words spoken by the great Bob O, even if he did call me a "wise apple".

Scott and Bob were right though, it was a bit absurd and 'it's not that kind of show'. I therefore have decided to take their advise and "wise up". Now if you'll excuse me, the PBS New Hour is on and I'd like to begin masturbating to Jim Lehrer, post haste. Good day.

• Like 5

Thanks for playing my plugs theme today! Hearing Scott say "Static in Verona" totally made my day. Not to mention how much he seemed to like it!

That was really good. Very Pixies-ish.

I can't believe it took Bob 55 minutes to use his catchphrase. Neil & Fran were really funny. I think they went to the Horatio Sanz School of Character Development.

Did anyone else catch that when Pammy talked about singing spooky songs, Scott started to ask if one of them is Monster Fuck, but got cut off?

• Like 1

I haven't listened yet, but I am already nervous about Adam Resnick on CBB. He is hilarious but extremely low energy. I hope I am wrong and it turned out awesome.

I was wrong. Adam was really peppy, and had a hilarious rapport with Scott!

• Like 1

I loved Bob's take on that well spoken charisma bomb we all know and love as KCRW's "The Bookworm," AKA Michael Silverblatt.

• Like 3

Thanks for playing my plugs theme today! Hearing Scott say "Static in Verona" totally made my day. Not to mention how much he seemed to like it!

Yes, I'm a real band with real music on iTunes and http://staticinverona.bandcamp.com.

Thanks again!

Rob Merz

Static in Verona

http://staticinverona.com

@staticinverona

good stuff, the most well-produced plugs song they've ever played on the show by far.

did you write that for CBB as a Pixies pastiche or is it on an existing album and it just happens to sound that way?

• Like 1

good stuff, the most well-produced plugs song they've ever played on the show by far.

did you write that for CBB as a Pixies pastiche or is it on an existing album and it just happens to sound that way?

Actually, I just changed the words to one of the songs (Trembling Timbre) from my latest album "Everything You Knew Before You Knew Everything", which ironically sounds nothing like the Pixies. But taken out of the context of the rest of the song, I totally get the reference, especially in the singing style.

Glad you liked it!

Bob threw in a nice Mr. Show reference at the end there:

"The bill for the bullet gets sent to a Chinese family."

Bob stumbled over it a bit, but it still cracked me up.

• Like 2

Bob threw in a nice Mr. Show reference at the end there:

"The bill for the bullet gets sent to a Chinese family."

Bob stumbled over it a bit, but it still cracked me up.

I knew when he said that I recognized it from somewhere I couldn't place... thanks for clearing that up

• Like 2

https://www.youtube....h?v=cnR3BZu0-mc

Here's Adam Resnick on Letterman about a month ago. Letterman seemed quite tickled by him, and he was hilarious. Loved this episode. Adam's reading had me rolling (both when he stopped because he fucked it up and when he continued and actually gained some momentum.) I will definitely be picking up the book!

• Like 2

I wonder if the haunted house proprietors are in any way related to Dalton Wilcox?

When Neil finally got the 'little round hats' comment I was relieved, because I also had no clue what that was referring to in the moment.

• Like 4