🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 137 — Porta Potty Sushi

Paul Rust, Neil Campbell, Mookie Blaiklock, and Dan Klein join Matt Besser for an improv5humans that will make you think twice about where your sushi comes from. They’ll explore the lives of different people trapped inside a basement, why you shouldn’t pet other people’s dogs, and what it’s like to deal with snobby ArcLight members. Plus, an i4h listener defends drug store sushi in another edition of Case Closed. Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com! Check out improv4humans with Matt Besser LIVE at the Blue Whale Comedy Festival in Tulsa, Oklahoma on Saturday, June 14th!

I hurt myself laughing at Paul Rust's contribution to the title scene.

EDIT: And again with Neil Campbell's contribution to the Boogie Nights scene.

• Like 1

sometimes paul annoys me when he just makes a huge leap in a scene and it just kinda makes the whole thing about him.

That sonic part of the porta potty sushi scene felt very similar to the Six Inch Witch scene from a previous episode, where paul just comes out of left field and changes everything about the scene.

The problem about trying to pick out best-of material is that every episode has potential best-of work. I thought the Mt Everest scene was worthy from this episode. Great stuff as always!

sometimes paul annoys me when he just makes a huge leap in a scene and it just kinda makes the whole thing about him.

That sonic part of the porta potty sushi scene felt very similar to the Six Inch Witch scene from a previous episode, where paul just comes out of left field and changes everything about the scene.

I get what you're saying, but the guys who make huge leaps and make the show absolutely absurd. Imagine the insanity that would happen if Horatio Sanz, Zach Woods, Paul Rust, and Sean Clements all did a show together.

• Like 1

Greatest sushi joke ever! My sides were hurting from that scene....

• Like 3

That yellowtail joke has to be one of the great all time I4H moments. Was that Neil?

I loved this episode. I have a hard time picking a favorite scene, they were all so good. The twist ending to the "people trapped" scene was great.

• Like 4

Yeah but sometimes we end up with a tom petty beard scene out of it. Worth it.

• Like 5

Oh man, I love a good fart/shit joke. Couldn't stop laughing when Sonic started taking a dump while Neil was in there.

• Like 2

this episode made me laugh so hard i had a brain aneurysm and i died. im dead now.

ghost postin

• Like 2

This was a great episode, Neil Campbell's yellowtail joke was hilarious. I just loved how he didn't miss a beat with it. I also loved the Mount Everest scene.

All I could think about during the Sushi scene was the UCBtv skit with the man going bankrupt from hiring a personal sushi chef; then Besser starting the Mothra call just like the Mogomra vs. Fart Monster skit. Really funny.

I probably enjoyed the trapped scene the most.

• Like 2

This is the first show this year that has had me rolling from every scene! All 5 humons brought their "A" game for this episode. I almost shit myself when Sonic the Hedgehog showed up.

• Like 1

Really? The Six Inch Witch bugged me just because there were 3 or 4 episodes in a 5 week span with an ultra-tiny character, all pretty much the same. I enjoy Paul coming out of left field, it keeps the scenes from getting stale and gives them a new direction. I definitely don't think it's an ego thing though.

I thought Paul realized halfway through trying to do his sushi chef voice that he sounded like Sonic and then just went with it, and then quickly tried to reign it back in with "I was created in Japan."

I thought Paul realized halfway through trying to do his sushi chef voice that he sounded like Sonic and then just went with it, and then quickly tried to reign it back in with "I was created in Japan."

possible. didnt catch my ear like that the first time, but ill have to give it another listen

Felt like the caller definitely like, works for a company that makes drugstore sushi...

Actually, if you listen closely, he uses 'we' as if he is talking from the perspective of the drug store chain...Either way it definitely led into some hilarious crap material...

Sign in to follow this