🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seanotron

Flowers in the Attic (1987)

Heck, if we're going to do one of these we might as well start with the nutty one from the 80s. Featuring Nurse Ratchet as Grandmother Ratchet. They actually had to tone down the incest from the novel, because apparently there's an acceptable level of incest for a PG-13 movie and the novel went just a wee bit over (though there are still plenty of icky hints of a relationship between the older brother & sister).

A lovely story about a woman who has 4 children as the result of an incestuous relationship with her uncle who then goes to live with her insane fundamentalist mother who hates her and locks the kids in the attic because her father will only give her money if she pretends her kids don't exist. Then she slowly poisons the children with arsenic cookies because she wants to marry a new guy. Whippings, incest, sibling blood feedings, bedpost beatdowns and a hanging ensue. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!

• Like 1

This just got remade this movie on life time cable channel.. it was terrible with Heather Graham. i like Heather Graham but not in this. I have not watched this movie in a long time, but I remember I liked it at the time. Not sure if it holds up to time all that well. Planning on rematching it.

Sign in to follow this