🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seanotron

The DirecTV commercials with the marionette people

I realize this isn't really worthy of an entire episode, but I would absolutely love to know how these commercials got made. They are EXTREMELY DISTURBING. Who is controlling them? Is that human guy really boning that marionette woman? When their son was born did he have strings instead of an umbilical chord? WHAT IS HAPPENING

• Like 2

The one where the woman marionette asks her husband if he thinks she's pretty: how does she remove her robe?!

• Like 2

I feel like I should be aroused by that picture, but all I can think about is how filthy that pole must be.

The marionette commercial is incredibly disturbing. Some things you can't un-see.

Honestly, I laugh at "Yeah, that's sorta jazzy" every single time.

• Like 2

Honestly, I laugh at "Yeah, that's sorta jazzy" every single time.

hahaha me too! it cracks me up

they are totally weird but I kinda love the recent trend of really weird disturbing commercials, and when you compare the marionette ones to some of the others out there, they arn't that bad, Stubhubs's ticket oak is way worse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5BOVWVafb0

• Like 3

I haaaate the ticket oak. One of the first ones has the tree high on caffeine, which is inexplicably stupid to begin with, but to top it off, he acts like he's tripping on acid rather than hyper.

• Like 1

I agree totally. Why does he have crazy eyes and lips that move in a very unnatural way? Super creepy.

• Like 2

As much as I'll defend the one with the dancing, this one is really bad. Like, this guy physically attacks a family member due to a very minor unintentional insult? What the fuck?

• Like 1

These are very disturbing.

I mean if you bang a puppet that's your business.

But you marry it?

You get it pregnant?

You have the baby?

Does your house have a roof?

What do the puppet masters make of all this?

• Like 1

These ads generate more questions than answers.

If a human and a puppet (all right, marionette) mate, will their offspring be half human, half marionette or full-blown puppet?

Are comments, not even jokes about wires considered racist by puppets?

Do puppets living in a human world have a deeply ingrained persecution complex?

Is this actually an ad for the show "Weird Sex"?

In the ad where the little puppet kid gets caught in the ceiling fan and goes flying, why would they even have a ceiling fan? Wouldn't that be a hazard to the wife and child in that house?

And why, why, WHY doesn't the ticket oak's right eye EVER move? They've had at least a year of different commercials working with this thing, and they haven't fixed the most noticeable problem with the giant 10 foot tree puppet? Did ticket oak used to work at a Rainforest Cafe and had kids climbing over him all day and punching him until finally, the servos that control that right eye went out, and instead of fixing it, they said, "eh, fuck it! Put it on Craigslist." and Stub Hub bought him, but they didn't have any money left in the ad budget to fix his eye either and they certainly weren't going to get him giant sun glasses to cover it up, so they just let it roll, and now I have to stare into the rheumatic abyss of ticket oak's lazy eye every 3rd break on Hulu?

• Like 2

In the ad where the little puppet kid gets caught in the ceiling fan and goes flying, why would they even have a ceiling fan? Wouldn't that be a hazard to the wife and child in that house?

Having a ceiling fan also means they have a ceiling. So then...how do the puppets move? What is pulling their strings?

i now feel obligated to post this insanely creepy commercial haha

enjoy?

Sign in to follow this