🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 292 — DJs Are Sleaze Js

Obvious Child's Jenny Slate and lead singer of the tUnE-yArDs, Merrill Garbus join forces to find out what they have in common as artists on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Jenny tells us about her role in the new film Obvious Child as well as showcases her Arnold Schwarzenegger impression, Merrill gives a taste of what the new tUnE-yArDs album Nikki Nack sounds like, and Sappity Tappity, the drunk British rollerblading pine tree rolls on in for some harmonized singing. Plus, a fun game of Would You Rather? you won’t want to miss!

Lots of classic Would You Rather? blunders. :D

(I wish Merril Gabrus had performed something.)

• Like 2

I just started listening to this episode, but with Sappity there I can only hope that Scott mentions how branches are the dicks of trees.

• Like 5

I just started listening to this episode, but with Sappity there I can only hope that Scott mentions how branches are the dicks of trees.

I lost my shit at 6am when Sappity decides it is time for him to be introduced.

• Like 2

WHOLE. E. SHIT! This was amazing! So many great lines and Scott's complete annoyance with Jon was great. This is a best-of-2014 in my book.

• Like 1

When they sang 'Take On Me' it reminded me of in the 2nd anniversary ep when they broke into "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go'.

"Take On Me" was the best part. I'd never heard of Merrill Garbus before and she was a delight. It is sad that she will most likely die in obscurity because no-one ever got her name right.

I'd love to see a movie where Jenny Slate and Jason Mantzoukas play siblings who wear white t-shirts. Then there's a part where they are about to bang each other and Jenny's character says "Hey, bro. What's your fuck style?" Then when they're done and they wanna turn the light back on Jason says "Hey Spides (Jenny's character's name is Spider-Man), would ya do me a solid and turn off the dang dark?"

Now, everyone check to see if you're horny.

• Like 4

WHAT WOULD YOU SAY? This episode was great. What MTV award are you up for Jenny? Best toot.

• Like 1

Guys, I thought Amazing Spider-Man 2 was the best spider-man movie yet. Sappity Tappity did not see eye to eye on this.

• Like 1

Jerri Platt scores a touchdown like Coach Bill Burr every time she is on Comedy Big Bang Theory.

• Like 1

Tune Yards puts on a fantastic live show, definetely go if you get a chance.

Edit: Oh and I saw them last week in San Diego, as they played like literally 20 feet from my house at this new venue. I was walking my dog after the show and I saw that they were all hanging out outside waiting for the tour bus about a block and a half up. I was going to go walk up and compliment them on their show, but then my dog stopped walking. I look down and she has basically an entire, uncut pizza in her mouth that someone just left on the street that she was dragging behind her. I then got into a sitcom-esque tug of war game with her like 40 feet from the band and then by the time I got that thing away from the dog they had all gone inside. Anyways, if you read this: nice show in SD!

• Like 3

Hello, medium time listener, first time commenter. Sappity Tappity sounds a lot like Andrew Lloyd Webber. I kept expecting him to call Scott "Scottrick." That is all I wanted to say (besides good show, made me laugh, etc etc)

• Like 4

Was anyone else disappointed that Merrill Garbus was not a nightmare mixture of Merril Shindler and Jon Gabrus?

• Like 9

Hello, medium time listener, first time commenter. Sappity Tappity sounds a lot like Andrew Lloyd Webber. I kept expecting him to call Scott "Scottrick." That is all I wanted to say (besides good show, made me laugh, etc etc)

Maybe ALW took him in as a sapling. I'm not sure of his family history.

• Like 3

Was anyone else disappointed that Merrill Garbus was not a nightmare mixture of Merril Shindler and Jon Gabrus?

Curse you for beating me on posting this. Had the same first thought when I read the guest list.

• Like 1

I get a kick out of Scott's unrelenting "It's been..." and "It's been a while..." riffing, followed very little interest in Jon's "WHAT would you say...?"

• Like 2

If you've watched Weeds or Orange is the New Back, you've heard Tune-Yards

I do believe it's "Oranges: The New Black".

But more importantly, I think they were barking up the wrong tree during that Beethoven bit.

• Like 7