🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 16 — Commentary Special

We should talk about how Scott said How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was his favourite U2 album, only for him to say he didn't like a few of the songs on it during that episode, including describing one as 'throwaway', and then only listing it as his third favourite U2 album in this episode!

He changed his mind.

What else is there to talk about?

I really didn't think the show could get any dumber or any funnier, but here we are. Fucking incredible. U2's album instantly becomes one of my most anticipated new albums ever just for the return of UTU2TM.

Amazing group of three simultaneous audio events:

- Scott & Scott read their U2 album rankings

- "So Far Away" by Dire Straits plays on Episode 1

- PFT giggles "Fucking Dire Straits is playing."

• Like 2

Here's a mix of The Scotts' and Harris' fifth Beatle/ Adam and the Ants/ Stones mash-up.

Just a warning - It's hauntingly beautiful melody may make you weep.

• Like 1

One of the most interesting and listenable dynamics between two humans that has ever been a thing, or even a non-thing. Knowing that some of this was pre-planned (bits, songs for bits etc ) blows my mind and makes me enjoy this even more.

• Like 2

Chris Christie actually died in a car crash in 1964 and was replaced by a look-alike who underwent surgery to look more like the original. There are lots of clues alluding to this in Beatles lyrics and album covers.

so... the walrus was Chris Christie?

LolzCC.jpg

• Like 1

Well, it's a commentary episode. They're supposed to be talking over the first episode.

hey man, you poppin my stones?

• Like 6

We should talk about how Scott said How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was his favourite U2 album, only for him to say he didn't like a few of the songs on it during that episode, including describing one as 'throwaway', and then only listing it as his third favourite U2 album in this episode!

One of these episodes is clearly non-canonical

• Like 6

If were not going to get our weekly dose of Scott And Scott for the foreseeable future. Does that mean Scott and guests might appear on CBB more frequently? Because as much as I love CBB, I think what was so great about this show was it had the quality that the old CBB and CDR shows had which was bro's just bro-ing out. Hope the show comes back soon, but a Paul. F Tompkins, Harris Wittels, Adam Scott episode of Bang Bang would be a pretty great consolation.

I reaaaaaaaally hope there's an REM podcast in the fall.

U Rappin' REM To Me?

I had a break up a few weeks ago, I thought she was it, the one. I later found out how what I thought was great was her biding her time to have ammunition to use against me.

This podcast started around there.

I was so uninterested by the topic, but in an attempt to zone out I listened to the first episode on Stitcher and you fall in love pretty easily.

A few weeks later, I was arrested for being drunk. My roommate called the cops on me for harassment, I had gone to a party nad had started feeling really sad so I kept drinking. I completely blacked out and don't remember a single thing that happened but waking up in jail, covered in vomit. I fucking hated myself. I was kicked out of my house. Had to pay a lot of money I don't have and had to inconvenience the few friends I have in Portland. I called her, the one, and she turned her back automatically.

We had been talking about getting back together and drunkenly hooked up a few times before, last I saw her we were crying and walking to her house and telling each other that we loved each other. That this was going to work, that we can fix this.

She later texted me, when moving out, telling me she was not my friend in this situation. That I was a problem and that I deserve all I get. It's been a lot of lows lately, and I don't have footing quite yet. But, this podcast has meant to so much to me.

This, CBB, Indoor Kids, HDTGM, Whooch even Hollywood Babble-On are the few things I have gotten any joy in the last few weeks. It sounds dumb, I don't know, they were like appointed dates on different days of the week for people who wanted me to laugh, to have a good time, to just turn off for a few hours.

This podcast in particular has become a favorite, re-listening to episodes a lot. I love how it just feels like friends being friends and going on tangents, I know that is nothing ground breaking to say about tangents, but it's just how Scott and Scott have this camaraderie that you can't help but feel a part of.

Today when I saw this was the "end" of the season I was bummed. I loved this episode. I woke up at 5 am to go to work and listened to it. I loved how they were talking about ads and then Scot did one, I loved so many bits of it, more than I can count that I seemed insane at work laughing to myself or trying to unsuccessfully hold it back.

I heard it again immediately when it was over, I just really loved this episode. Heading back home from my second job I started getting teary eye'd, because of this podcast. Because now I lost friends again, lost something to look forward to. I can't blame Scott or Scott, they have lives and things to do and these amazing projects and people that depend on them, but I just wish we had one more. Just one more Wednesday to look forward to, I guess. Not to take away from any other podcast, but it's just how I emotionality attached to this one because of what was happening to me around it. I really felt this was an escape.

I almost talked myself out of writing this dumb thing, but I saw that my ex is happy with how badly everything is going with me so I just felt like I needed an outlet, so I'm sorry if you're still reading.

Thank you guys, this really was great. I hope there' more to come (and bring back Mike Detective) and when you're back I have a better story to tell.

• Like 9

I didn't want that Russian nesting doll of subpodcasts to end. I Love I Love I Love Movies was fantastic ,even though I Love I Love Movies was total shit ( the hosts are terrible). And be still my heart, another ep of What's Your Fuck Style? I couldn't have asked for more. But can we have more?

• Like 1

Wow. When Scott said last week they had a special surprise this week I never thought it would be that the show is going on hiatus. I would really rather this show not stop. Staind Glass proved that they could talk about an album they weren't even familiar with and and still create an amazing show. But they don't even have to have a topic as far as I'm concerned.

I absolutely love Comedy Bang Bang but honestly I enjoy this show even more. Please come back with more episodes as soon as you guys can! Love you Scotts!

I'm really going to miss Scott's "radio guy" voice (I mean Scott, A. which is what I call him to distinguish him from Scott A.) saying "heyyyy everybody" and "This is Scott!"

I'm also going to miss everything else about this podcast--really hope they bring it back, if only to provide much-needed commentary on all the other episodes

(I mean Scott, A. which is what I call him to distinguish him from Scott A.)

Lose the comma.

• Like 1

Thank you guys, this really was great. I hope there' more to come (and bring back Mike Detective) and when you're back I have a better story to tell.

Maybe you could tell us about your fuck style?

• Like 6

I might be persuaded to trade my firstborn for more episodes of this podcast.

Sadly, my firstborn is neither a college girl nor in possession of the t-shirts so I'm not sure how many episodes he'd be worth.

Really, this is the most ridiculous and absurd podcast and I've loved every minute of it. I'm so sad it's over.

This episode was a test to find out whether I'd ever get sick of the "I'm Scott - This is Scott" and "Great episode" gags if I heard them over and over. And over and over and over and over and aover. The answer is no. Not even a hint of nauseum.

I reaaaaaaaally hope there's an REM podcast in the fall.

And it should be called; "U Talkin' About the Passion to Me?"...

I'll get my coat...

• Like 1

After listening to Doug Loves Movies today, I think Scott was to touching upon a new podcast: U Talking Us3 To Me?

I kind of felt bad for Lance. Complete silence during all the chaos, then Scott calls him out and he seemed to really just want to talk about U2.

• Like 2

I didn't want that Russian nesting doll of subpodcasts to end. I Love I Love I Love Movies was fantastic ,even though I Love I Love Movies was total shit ( the hosts are terrible). And be still my heart, another ep of What's Your Fuck Style? I couldn't have asked for more. But can we have more?

It's "I Love Films" you stupid fucking asshole. Show some goddamn respect, or do the world a favor and kill yourself.

• Like 1