🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 16 — Commentary Special

I mean, there's literally no reason for them not to do commentary on every other episode, is there?

I think the episode they were(n't) commentating on was at just the right volume. It made this episode interactive with that episode, which generated some great bits, which I can't wait to hear about on everyone's favourite bit-related podcast, 'Great Bits'.

And what are the chances of there being a moment's silence in the commentary just as Scott randomly said 'Dr. Seuss', which was the source of much hilarity.

• Like 8

I mean, there's literally no reason for them not to do commentary on every other episode, is there?

Only reason I can think of is that if Engineer Cody Cody needs to plug in a mic, and Scott or Scott doesn't fully hand him the cord.

• Like 16

Only reason I can think of is that if Engineer Cody Cody needs to plug in a mic, and Scott or Scott doesn't fully hand him the cord.

What the world really needs is a video supercut of every time that's happened so far. Just a shame that it's an impossible dream.

• Like 1

I love that REM song It's Last End of Last World As We Know It

Do you listen to Wolfmother?

Big fan of Last Joker or Last Thief.

• Like 2

Great ep!

Like many others here, I really love this podcast. I don't know why. The episodes are certainly always informative. At this point, I have listened to every episode and I am certain that I have heard of U2 and even know the names of the band members! But that isn't why I love it. Hopefully they will come back after the hiatus, and I'll be able to ... find what I'm looking for.

Glad to see there are so many fans like myself here.

• Like 2

I will kidnap Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr. (and Sr., just to be sure) and force them to put out their next album just so this podcast can continue. And thanks to this very educational podcast, I now know the names of the people to kidnap!

Seriously though, I've been listening to Earwolf podcasts since the beginning, but this is the only one I made sure to listen to on the day it's released. Please don't be on hiatus for too long.

• Like 12

This show has been the highlight of all my weeks since it started. I love the idea of doing a commentary episode on top of each of the previous episodes, and hope Scott and Scott can make it happen. Because I'm still trying to find what I was looking for...

• Like 2

Haha, it was so exciting for me to hear Scott talk about that, even if they didn't get to it.

Adam Scott's audible groan/sigh after Harris' Good Epps joke was hilarious. I literally could listen to Scott & Scott & Harris & PFT fuck around every week for the rest of my life.

• Like 10

Oh how i'm going to miss trying to explain to my boyfriend through uncontrollable giggles why this weeks episode of UTU2TM was so amazing only to discover once again that this show is just too dumb and impossible to explain

work hard this summer Scott & Scott and i'll learn to live with or without you

• Like 11

An amazing episode!

Harris was on fucking FIRE!

• Like 3

This whole show's been absurdly enjoyable, this episode especially so. I'm sure the entire first episode playing under this one was maddening for some - enough to snap an Earwolf listener's fragile tether to reality? Perhaps! - but I loved it. My two favorite moments were Paul F. recognizing that the Dire Straits were playing when the Scotts were reading their lists, and this:

Scott now: Will you, Adam - Scott, I mean - will you...

Scott then: Dr. Seuss?

And then there's "Oliver Subpodcasts." And "Good Epps" (one of those moments that broke me and made me have to pause and put myself back together again)! And so on. This show's a delirious pleasure. C+

• Like 7

hate to say it, but maybe the scotts should stick to u2. chris christie was the 5th beatle

ah1G50e.jpg

YkCc268.png

i know he wasnt the biggest beatle (or was he? (hes very fat)) but he was still an integral part of the band

Chris Christie actually died in a car crash in 1964 and was replaced by a look-alike who underwent surgery to look more like the original. There are lots of clues alluding to this in Beatles lyrics and album covers.

• Like 2

This was a real giggle-puss edition of UTU2TM?. I always love hearing PFT and Harris laughing, but what made it even better was hearing Scott's breathy-squeak laugh in the background from the first episode.

My little heart is broken to hear that they will be on hiatus all summer. But that first episode back with be so much sweeter for the waiting.

• Like 2

This whole series has been so unbelievably stupid and has made me laugh harder than any other podcast. I, too, wanted it to go on forever, but at least there is hope that it will be back. The whole thing reinforces how subjective comedy is, because I can see how someone may not find it funny at all but almost every ep (GREAT ep) brought tears to my eyes. On a totally separate topic, did anyone notice how ridiculous the AV Club review of the podcast was? I couldn't tell if they totally missed the point or if it was some meta joke that didn't land.

Listening to this episode was like looking into the mind of god and having the very fabric of reality revealed to me

aliens_zpse4872629.gif

• Like 4

As much as I loved this episode, I have to say that I was still very disappointed. I know I may offend some of you bourgeoisie with so much that you drop your extravagantly-priced candy bars, but the truth must be said. There are a lot of things wrong with this podcast that MUST BE ACKNOWLEDGED!

And now, the top 10 things that SUCKED about this episode of the podcast:

10. NO T SHIRTS!! What the fuck, Bono?

9. NO COLLEGE GIRLS! ...I think. Harris Wittels isn't a college girl, right?

8. Scott was too easy on Lance for Turtlin' right in the middle of the Blue Turtlin' podcast. I think he should have been jacked right out of the Earwolf Studios for that one.

7. They talked about so many great ampersam shows but no one mentioned my favorite, Comedy Bang & Bang. I especially enjoy when it comes on after an all new Marc & Maron (chuckle).

6. I was really hoping Scott would ask Paul F. Tompkins when he had first heard of U2. As far as I remember, he has not asked that question yet.

5. No dick slap between Scott and Scott. Come on guys, even if you didn't have any albums at the same number, you could have at least done one dick slap for the fans.

4. Hey, you wanna buy a monkey?

3. This episode would have been better with more reverb.

2. No dick and butthole megamix at the end of the episode. This was actually a genuine disappointment, although of course I went and listened afterward.

And the number one, biggest disappointment after listening to this episode:

1. It's over, at least for now. Seriously, I loved this podcast so much, and while I totally understand Scott not being able to do it what with his being busy sitting around at home, I will be so sad not to have this to look forward to every Wednesday.

NOTE: Edited to be a top 10 list

• Like 3

This whole series has been so unbelievably stupid and has made me laugh harder than any other podcast. I, too, wanted it to go on forever, but at least there is hope that it will be back. The whole thing reinforces how subjective comedy is, because I can see how someone may not find it funny at all but almost every ep (GREAT ep) brought tears to my eyes. On a totally separate topic, did anyone notice how ridiculous the AV Club review of the podcast was? I couldn't tell if they totally missed the point or if it was some meta joke that didn't land.

Was this the one they did on Podmass a few months ago? I feel like whoever reviewed it listened to it for about 10 minutes before writing it.

In Homerpalooza Homer says "There can only be one truly great festival a lifetime and it's the Us Festival". So I think we know what's next, Homer and Adam Talk The Us Festival To Us

Since this last ep of the season dropped, we've been due for the announcement of their next project "Late Night Fuckin' Around".

We should talk about how Scott said How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb was his favourite U2 album, only for him to say he didn't like a few of the songs on it during that episode, including describing one as 'throwaway', and then only listing it as his third favourite U2 album in this episode!