🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 16 — Commentary Special

My kingdom for a supercut of Scott's wheeze laugh.

I'd take one of his high-pitched sniping "What?!"

This podcast is so idiotic, I love it. Laughs per episode is the highest of any podcast for me. Please don't let this be the end!

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE RELEASE A VERSION OF THIS WITHOUT THE 1ST EP PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE RELEASE A VERSION OF THIS WITHOUT THE 1ST EP PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellykapoorhowdareyou.gif

• Like 11

I wore black today to mourn the end of (this season of) the best podcast that has ever existed. Tomorrow I will start my 3rd relisten of the show beginning with ep 1. RIP Terrorist Scott & Scott

• Like 4

I do agree that I would have enjoyed the episode a bit more if it wasn't playing so loud the entire time, but it did inspire some great riffs and whenever they paused in the conversation, it was fucking hilarious... especially "Dr. Suess?"

another thing I noticed was that the first episode was definitely the most serious... even though they still went on a lot of tangents, they discussed the band in pretty surprising depth if you consider all the glorious nonsense in episodes that followed. the music nerd inside of me would have loved to hear an episode for each album because I love rawness of those first three records... but I guess I can understand considering they hadn't heard of the band until sometime around '84

I still wanna know what the fuck happened when Harris mentioned rehab because it got awkward as fuck in there... probably something personal.

• Like 3

Just realized we never got to hear Scott do his ironic monologue about technology and how it's made things so much faster and easier one more time. It never fails to make me laugh.

:(

Too little too late.

mnj1i29.png

But what about the COLLEGE GIRLS? I'm sure Bono has those sitting on his bedroom floor as well.

• Like 5

I still wanna know what the fuck happened when Harris mentioned rehab because it got awkward as fuck in there... probably something personal.

I gotta listen to that part again, but from what I can remember, (them talking about drugs or something) made me think about how they were all gonna go to that Phish concert and take drugs. And so to me, I thought Harris wanted to announce the new episode of Analyse Phish was going to be released soon, but Scott was telling him to hold off saying anything about it yet.

I'm prob way off.

• Like 1

Speaking of tee shirts--and aren't we always talking about the tee shirts?--I very very very sincerely want the Earwolf Store to release a "This is good rock and roll, uh, music" tee so I can always remember this wonderful moment in podcasting history.

I had to go to a defensive driving retraining today. Pretty lame. They made us feel guilty about how much money our tickets and accidents have cost us.

Impossible to explain to other people there why I was laughing hysterically when the instructor was asking everyone what their deductible was.

• Like 7

Speaking of tee shirts--and aren't we always talking about the tee shirts?--I very very very sincerely want the Earwolf Store to release a "This is good rock and roll, uh, music" tee so I can always remember this wonderful moment in podcasting history.

They should release a whole line of clothing for this show.

• Like 1

Honestly I've been wondering when a podcast would do commentary on an episode of their own podcast... It finally happened!

PFT saying, "It's like watching the head cleaners" made me laugh so hard.

Let's all pour out some of our 40s for VCRs.

6015067182_c0a6fd0e8f.jpg

• Like 2

My god. This was perfect. The second I realized they were doing an audio commentary on a podcast, I broke out in uncontrollable laughter. Kudos guys.

• Like 1

I think it would be great to play this for my parents to explain what a podcast is.

• Like 4

I haven't gotten to this episode yet - did they mention when they'll resume, or if they'll resume? Seriously this is my favourite podcast. Like of all podcasts. And I fucking hate U2. These guys can just talk about farts for two hours and it'd be entertaining.

And that was a new episode of "Talkin' Farts! With Scott and Scott"...