🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 294 — Honk Shoo

The guitar riff from the Plugs Theme this week: Can anyone help me find a song that it's from? The only one I could think of when I heard it was "Winnebago!" by The Arrogant Worms, but I'm sure it has to be in something else too. It took me at least 5 minutes of stopping the show and thinking of where I'd heard that particular riff, and when I did the only thing I could think of was that particular obscure Canadian Comedy bit.

It seriously made me stop listening to the show because I knew I'd heard it before but couldn't place it. Does ANYONE know another song that it's from? It could be from anything. I mostly listened to the Dr. Demento Show in High School, so I always go for the obscure comedy reference first with any music. It'd be nice to have an original source for this that was a a little more accessible than "WINNEBAGO!". Thank you.

Also: Great episode, very strange and fun. Always nice to hear new guests, and plenty to look forward to with the upcoming Womptacular.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Ian and Jerrod Carmichael sound almost exactly the same? Not that it's a bad thing! I like them both.

Nah, I can definitely hear it. Fairly similar voices, both laid back and affable.

Great ep! Of course, I always love to Womp It Up!

I hope Bernie Fretts makes it to Marisa's party at Six Flags. They were a weird but amazing combo. Bernie was no, butting everything.

I want to be Brendon Small when I grow up. He is so fucking weird and funny and talented!

It was after the cutoff for Best Ofs last year. I'm really hoping people remember it, when the 2014 voting comes around, because it was so amazing.

Good to know! Thanks for the info. I will now make a donation to the adult freckle foundation in your name.

I always see 'Jessica St. Clair' and debate deleting the episode without having heard a minute. There is no rational reason for this and this episode, the best one in months, proves that I have minor brain damage. It's got its good points and bad points.

I always see 'Jessica St. Clair' and debate deleting the episode without having heard a minute. There is no rational reason for this and this episode, the best one in months, proves that I have minor brain damage. It's got its good points and bad points.

I will never be able to understand why someone will make a username on here just so they can insult the guests. Seriously, if you see a user with 1 post and they say something negative you know that the person is a troll

• Like 1

Relax. My point was that I find her funny despite my unreliable memory telling me that I don't. I'm not here to troll, insult guests, or raise anyone's blood pressure. A fan of the show, new poster, not a troll.

Am I a bad person for thinking that Ian and Jerrod Carmichael sound almost exactly the same? Not that it's a bad thing! I like them both.

Technicality no down boo over!

Technicality no down boo over?!?

whoa, whoa, whoa. ... wompler is jersey. geno is from long island.

Oh my god, Brendon Small is so great. One of my favorite bits is from the episode with him and Aziz Ansari, where he plays the comedian who had a mental breakdown. I'm sure he's busy, but I wish he would come on more often. Every time he's been on he's come up with an awesome new character.

Ian and Wompster's University were no slouches, either.

• Like 1

Brendon Small is the best. Because of Bernie in this episode and the Tiny Cheeseburger Story, I believe he's easily the Bang Bang MVP of 2014. My two favorite episodes this year.