🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 87 — Easy Rider 2: The Ride Back

Also, I usually make it a point to imply that I've already slaughtered their friends and loved ones, and that I saved them for last. I mean, I usually haven't, but it's so satisfying to make those the last thoughts that they have before sending them off to the sweet hereafter. That's just me though.

Nice. Way to go that extra mile.

• Like 1

Are we ever going to get the other Hulk Hogan episode?

Also, this movie seems like someone watched the Room and said "I can do worse."

• Like 4

Ryan Sz, I could of been fooled into thinking this was a Hustler production. all that was missing was the XXX Parody at the end of the title. and yes more sex.

• Like 2

The Room and Birdemic are very similar movies.It's not new territory.

In that they are the product of low budgets and mental illnesses, yes.

• Like 2

You know, I quite enjoyed the podcast, and while I have not seen the movie and perhaps this is my own fault, but even after hearing them describe the movie in detail for an hour, I still have no idea what the plot is, except for "fever dream unnecessarily prequel to Easy Rider."

• Like 2

Ryan Sz, I could of been fooled into thinking this was a Hustler production. all that was missing was the XXX Parody at the end of the title. and yes more sex.

Sleazy Rider.

*Extends arm, drops microphone that no one knew he had*

• Like 1

Ohh I forgot the best scene in this film is the hand salute at the end of the film. the two old army buddys, I wish I had a animated gif of it. anyone else find them self's laughing at the cheesiness of it all and then the movie ends credits come up screen. I was so angry because it was getting funny.

Great episode. And I completely agree with Jason. If you are going to kill someone to get revenge, or to avenge someone/something, you have to tell them who you are and why you are about to slice them up in a bathroom.

Strongly agree. I usually say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." Most of them die with mixed emotions.

• Like 1

I saw the original Easy Rider last year at a screening with Peter Fonda where he answered questions afterward. I did not see Easy Rider 2, but from your comments, I can see how it tried to fit itself in with the original. I don't know how recent you've seen the original, but it too is FULL of real time shots of motorcycle riding. Fonda himself said they had to shoot those scenes very slow because the camera couldn't be on something going too fast or it ended up too shaky. I bet the ratio of motorcycle riding to actual scenes is similar to the sequel.

Weird that you mention the n-word because Fonda said it loud and proud several times in the Q&A. He said it in a way that he didn't know what that word meant when he was a kid because he lived a super cool Hollywood lifestyle.

Also, you need to watch the original again. It is also full of senseless violence. And the characterization of people in small town America is just stupid. No one just gets killed for eating at a diner as a "long hair." And no way Nicholson could be in the sequel because he dies in the original too.

The original is long, boring, and pointless and obviously shot from Fonda's weird prospective that everyone in Hollywood was super in the know and liberal, and if you stepped out of that bubble, people are psychopathic murderers. Ugh, sorry. I just hate Easy Rider and think that it should hold meaning for only people who were alive when it came out as some sort of nostalgia piece.

Fonda also said that like half of the original movie was improvised on the spot, which you can tell, because some of the scenes are like "what? why?" It was just let's be on drugs and film some shit and say "man" a lot.

• Like 1

Here's my problem with the rape scene: it proves the mother right. She tells her daughter to stay away from that low class boy, she ignores her mother...and then gets gang-raped by hillbillies. The moral of Easy Rider 2? Never date outside your class.

• Like 1

To take a page out of June's book on how I felt about the rape scene -"I found it very disturbing" However I would like to add that it served no real purpose in the Virgil sub-plot. It was only to further explain why the character was a changed man. It could have easily been explained why he had changed via dialogue in the campfire scene by using the vietnam 'War is hell' motif (This would require decent writing however). Also the fact that as an audience member we never see present day Virgil made that sub-plot so pointless. Im glad the HDTGM crew picked up on that because this movie just angered me after watching it.

Guys. This movie was sourced by a cult that took over a small town in Oregon. The story of the commune is just out of this world insane, using salmonella to poison the population and growing in numbers from immigration fraud: http://impact.oregonlive.com/rajneesh/print.html?entry=/2011/04/part_one_it_was_worse_than_we.html

Somebody submitted it to Reddit yesterday and then this comment happened: "Man, I've got the greatest story ever about these people. I was writing Hollywood screenplays a dozen years ago and my partner and I got hired to write Easy Rider 2 – the sequel!"

Freddie Prinze Jr. Variety articles where Coppola and Scorsese condemn anybody working on the project. Fired for suggesting it end with a 6 week orgy at their now-in-Alabama compound. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this