🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Oh man. I remember that I really liked the first one as an original, creative low budget horror film, but this one was a nonsensical mess. The only good thing about it was floating nudity.

Have we not discussed this elsewhere already, or do I just talk about how terrible this is THAT much? I got into an argument at a wedding reception with the BRIDE over how truly terrible this movie is. People seem to like this one, and I really don't get it, as it's pretty generic and boring compared to the other films in the series and just other similar movies in general. The first film was fine, and I remember REALLY liking the third one, "Cube Zero". You could skip that second one entirely and not miss a thing, really.

• Like 1

I remember seeing this and thinking how badly they screwed up the effective character arcs of the original. Instead of having the characters appear to be one thing and slowly reveal themselves to be something else, they show up and just randomly reveal secrets that make no sense and/or make no difference.

This when I was thirteen, and also a lot stupider.

• Like 1

Yeah this one was a mess, especially compared to the first and third which did pretty well at creating a world within a world and interesting characters. Plus instead of interesting traps, they basically create a moving, invisible wall that kills people.

Sign in to follow this