🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 296 — Taking the Bladder Out

Life long pals David Wain & Michael Showalter have reunited to co-write a brand new rom-com called They Came Together and they’re here on CBB to tell us all about it! They’ll get into the good ol’ days of listening to podcasts on road trips to NYU, how they’ve removed the bladder out of the romantic comedy genre, and announce a very special promotion exclusive to CBB listeners. Later, Percy Pennyweather of the Steppenwolf Theatre stops by all the way from Chicago to invite the guys to an all new production of This Is Our Youth.

Is this the first ever instance where a guest had to leave for some arbitrary reason in the middle of the show and actually didn't come back? Or am I an idiot and Phineas was done by Showalter and not Wain?

• Like 1

Is this the first ever instance where a guest had to leave for some arbitrary reason in the middle of the show and actually didn't come back? Or am I an idiot and Phineas was done by Showalter and not Wain?

Phineas was Wain.

Guests frequently come in and out in the anniversary and Christmas episodes. There's also the episode with Ben Stiller, Jeff Garlin, PFT and Andy Daly where the guests changed in each segment.

6 2? 6 3? more like 6 9 if u know what i mean mr aukerman

• Like 2

Q: Why did the dieting cannibal eat Harry Reid and John Boehner?

A: Because all politics is low cal.

• Like 1

David Wain is such a weirdo. Love his appearances! Neil brought it again.. Really appreciated the plug to his favorite playwright. I mean seriously, Quackers Featherbeaks Coo-coo Caper is as much of a classic as Death of a Salesman, if not more.

• Like 2

Michael said 'penis M&M's' as a play on words to trick the listener in thinking it he was saying 'peanuts.' You guys just don't get it. Forget it.... I'm outta... outta heeeere.

• Like 2

Or am I an idiot and Phineas was done by Showalter and not Wain?

Yeah, it had the normal set-up for Showalter to be playing the new character, so I thought it was him for quite a while. I remember thinking, "wait, what's going on? Showalter is being funny!"

Good ep. I wish Show' could've stayed for the whole thing, but C'est la vie. (excuse my french)

Neil didn't really do anything for me this time, but I loved when Scott and Wain went back and forth with their cliche' obvious jokes (again the French)

Part of me was hoping that MIB was gonna call in on a bad phone line and complete the comedy Triforce.

Still good ep. (Great ep.)

Loved Neil's charac. Had me cracking up the whole time.

The "two scoops" thing was a reaction to cereal companies using too MANY scoops of raisins. Some off brands would use as many as 17 or 18 per box. But Mike Post said, enough. Two is good. Two is right.

• Like 6

At first, I thought Neil was doing the generic dumb person voice that people do when telling a story. Maybe he was.

I think that's a funny idea for a charac.

At first, I thought Neil was doing the generic dumb person voice that people do when telling a story. Maybe he was.

I think that's a funny idea for a charac.

There were a couple times where he sounded like Will Ferrell's Harry Caray.

• Like 2

I heard about Danny Mahoney buying a heavy coat and walking into the ocean, but August Lindt???? Do my ears deceive me or does Scotty Aux know something about August Lindt that has never been revealed on the podcast before?????

• Like 1

I heard about Danny Mahoney buying a heavy coat and walking into the ocean, but August Lindt???? Do my ears deceive me or does Scotty Aux know something about August Lindt that has never been revealed on the podcast before?????

Episode 59, Free Subarus for Moms

http://www.earwolf.c...barus-for-moms/

August Lindt's first appearance on the show, in which he tells Scott all about his travel adventures and suicide plans. Or are you saying Scott made a mistake because his plans didn't involve a heavy coat?

Also has Todd Glass and Paul F. Tompkins. Great episode--you should definitely hear it if you haven't yet.

Episode 59, Free Subarus for Moms

http://www.earwolf.c...barus-for-moms/

August Lindt's first appearance on the show, in which he tells Scott all about his travel adventures and suicide plans. Or are you saying Scott made a mistake because his plans didn't involve a heavy coat?

Also has Todd Glass and Paul F. Tompkins. Great episode--you should definitely hear it if you haven't yet.

I can't speak for Aaron Freaking Singer but I think he's well aware of that episode

Scott mixed up August Lindt's suicidal ambitions with Danny Mahoney's appearance way back in episode 14 were he say's he's going to kill himself by wearing a heavy coat (I wish I know more about that coat!) and walking into the ocean.

I think that's what he was joking about

• Like 1

Scott has said "are you having a laugh" with a very deadpan delivery in two episodes now. After the first time he said he wouldn't do it again but he did! Did he truly not realize it was from Extras?

Come on Scott, are you having a laugh or what?

Also Scott if you are reading this are you very excited for BIG BROTHER?

Do you frequent Jokers Updates???

Hey speaking of Showalter, whatever happened with that cat podcast?

http://www.earwolf.com/show/cat-matters

whoa I would listen to this in a heartbeat.

back to the episode, I wish Show had stayed and enjoyed his banter w Wain. Yeah, Neil's character wasn't that great but it kinda got salvaged towards the end. I loved the very end where Scott said he hoped to see more of him and Neil just say that's hiiighly unlikely.

• Like 1

Neil's character wasn't that great but it kinda got salvaged towards the end. I loved the very end where Scott said he hoped to see more of him and Neil just say that's hiiighly unlikely.

yeah I agree, they can't all be winners but Neil's got a free pass to try whatever he wants at this point in my book

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this