🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 38 — Matt Gourley, Our Close Friend

Guys, can we talk about bein a 90's kid for a second?

Only 90's kids will get this one.

aol.jpg

LOL! Nostalgic as fuuhhh!!

I was more of a Prodigy guy....it was more indie

• Like 3

All these dog pics remind me of that J Lo song about her puppy. The verses are a little weird considering she's singing to a dog, but the chorus conveys the core message.

J-Lo - I Love You Puppy

EDIT: Oh and French Montana spits a nice verse dedicated to his mommy.

• Like 3

VALERIE BRYANT HAS A BF TOO AND SHE STILL GETS TO POST

I think it has been established many many many times that Valerie Bryant "totally" has a "real" and "not in any way made-up," boyfriend, who "has a pulse," and "is not in any way fake." Furthermore her "totally real and not at all made-up" boyfriend does not take kindly to insinuations that Valerie Bryant does not have an "authentic" and "living, human male" boyfriend.

Just so that we're all clear on that. Because it has been a problem before.

• Like 4

We should record our parts and put it together like a radio show. That would be p funny, right?

BTW haven't read ep 2 yet (at work still also my parents are visiting me currently) but I assume it's great.

Did you include David Galehouse?

EDIT: Just read the screenplay. It was p funny. Could use some punch-up though. Also maybe some more lines from TIM TREESE would be worthwhile.

way ahead of you tim--i've been working on a radio drama. i'm thinking about casting a 'zorro type' as the narrator(s).

i'll probably post it on an upcoming page 3 but it might not be ready for next week. i'm really busy because i'm a friggin' plant doctor that's in nursing school and for whatever reason, i'm trying really hard to make 'cincinnati' happen.

edit: so glad this didn't land on page 4

• Like 2

I've been working on a story about the forums that will only be released on microfiche in the libraries of segregated schools in the lower midwest and the Oklahoma Department of Corrections Library System. So you guys can look forward to that.

I also have a deal in the works for the audiobook to be released by Audible exclusively to listeners of This American Life in Iran and government-controlled portions of Syria.

• Like 3

and here is my episode:

http://www.plotbot.c...0102/screenplay

it was tough, but i was able to fit everyone who has ever posted in the HH forums in seamlessly. even the newest folks got their moment in the sun, and many old timers returned to share their quirks and catchphrases.

So funny, Greggy! And you had Hayes say "Ain't I a stinker?" which I almost had Sean say in episode one. You totally "get" the show.

I agree with Tim Treese that hearing these lines recited by each forum member would be "fantabulous."

• Like 3

and here is my episode:

http://www.plotbot.c...0102/screenplay

it was tough, but i was able to fit everyone who has ever posted in the HH forums in seamlessly. even the newest folks got their moment in the sun, and many old timers returned to share their quirks and catchphrases.

thanks tim treese for linking plotbot, thats a cool website

I feel honored to be a part of this wonderful screenplay :wub:

Once I get to the point where I understand who everyone is and what anyone is ever talking about, I vow to attempt one of my own

• Like 2

Despite the fact I'm not in them, I love the scripts hope they get picked up by a major network.

All this cool content is inspiring me. I'm gonna make the hugest, best. longest Popcorn Gallery theme the podcasting world has ever heard. It's gonna be so good Tim Treese is going to have to give me props and everyone on these forums will uncontrollably fist pump for at least 2 days.

Let me know if any of you wanna be on it

• Like 11

whoa andy, imagine a popcorn gallery theme as long as the rest of the show, truly the holy grail

• Like 7

Why does everyone keep making scripts in a typewriter font? It's like, we have Times New Roman now guys!

• Like 5

All this cool content is inspiring me. I'm gonna make the hugest, best. longest Popcorn Gallery theme the podcasting world has ever heard. It's gonna be so good Tim Treese is going to have to give me props and everyone on these forums will uncontrollably fist pump for at least 2 days.

Let me know if any of you wanna be on it

Good luck, "Candy Knees" I bet your song is going to suck. Why don't you just write a song about how you can't run long distances because your joints are made of Hershey's Kisses (also about how you can't get any girls to "Kisses" your lips).

• Like 5

So funny, Greggy! And you had Hayes say "Ain't I a stinker?" which I almost had Sean say in episode one. You totally "get" the show.

I agree with Tim Treese that hearing these lines recited by each forum member would be "fantabulous."

I can record my sp*t as soon as my parents leave (they're visiting me right now).

• Like 2

this weeks ep proved they are always looking for the fresh new sound

• Like 3

I tried to record a new PG theme (popcorn gallery) but I was rocking so hard that my amp exploded. Eno was pissed, but I warned him it could happen.

• Like 5

We should record our parts and put it together like a radio show. That would be p funny, right?

BTW haven't read ep 2 yet (at work still also my parents are visiting me currently) but I assume it's great.

I can record my sp*t as soon as my parents leave (they're visiting me right now).

We heard you the first time, Treese. You're gettin' to be braggier than Chanson.

• Like 9

Sean I know you like You Talking U2 to Me, so I guess you listen to Analyse Phis too as it's basically the same show. What did you think of today's Epi 9? I thought there was some good stuff there, but it's not the classic that the last concert show was. A bit too unavoidably scrappy. The darker element of Harris' rehab is an interesting aspect, possibly a first for an earwolf show which doesn't really have any confessional or self-help stuff in its portfolio.

Your show's good too tell Hayes I said hi.

• Like 7

What was with the strange jump-cut near the end of this episode? I'm sure Engineer Codee is to blame, but what happened? Did his fingers get all tangled in the cords of the recording equipment while he was pretending to type "images of glaives"? Did a bee fly into his mouth while he was giving one those big ol' Codee bear yawns we keeping hearing in the background? What's the story?

Otherwise great ep!

EDIT: Oh it was engingeer Sam, I can't tell them apart.

• Like 1

I tried to record a new PG theme (popcorn gallery) but I was rocking so hard that my amp exploded. Eno was pissed, but I warned him it could happen.

jacob do you play in SIDS??

pretty sure i saw you guys at the friggin battle of the bands last week.

tough loss, posers.

Regarding the Glaive Confusion Event from late in the podcast... there seemed to be some confusion between The Glaive from Krull and a standard glaive from many other facets of fantasy. I was hiding in the studio and snapped this shot during the whole mess.

handb.jpg

• Like 8

jacob do you play in SIDS??

pretty sure i saw you guys at the friggin battle of the bands last week.

tough loss, posers.

No no no no no. This was actually a huge part of the problem at BOTB: our band's name is Sid's. SIDS is a totally different band. Sid's is more about PURE rock and rolls, just the power or the music (the name is a play on how our practices are always at our kongaman Sid's house). SIDS is very political and all their songs are about how infant death is bad. We don't really like to take stands on hot button issues like that .

But we did lose to Coldplay. It seems unfair that they showed up, especially after how they gave Eno the boot for Ghost Stories. And it caused a lot of tension obviously since Gwen is our drummer

• Like 3

We heard you the first time, Treese. You're gettin' to be braggier than Chanson.

Val hop off my d*k. I'm already stressed out of my h*d because my parents are visiting me until Monday.

• Like 5