🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 38 — Matt Gourley, Our Close Friend

Do you think Sean and Hayes ever talk about us?

I hope so.

back before gnarly riffs was even born, sean and hayes listened to my podcast. we called it the reality show show show. either way, joe and i called in for the first live RSS taping and they knew who we were and had listened to the recording and explained about us on the air. we bombed sooo hard (mainly joe..). either way, that was cool. thanks guys.

on the radio show, we have a weekly segment called 'are sean and hayes listening?' they've actually been very responsive -- THANKS GUYS!!!!

hrmmmmm, okay so nobody cares but i'm going to weigh in on every and all things that happened when i was chasing wild rainbows (not tim's dad's band wild rainbows -- the trout fish..)

A) MBOP you can't sweat the likes 'cause some ppl can't even catch an RSS reffy and some people are into this kinda quippy non-sequitur stuff that's faaaaaaar too clever for guys like us.

B) Ur script was sooo funny that it kinda discouraged me from writing mine. I had 1 read-through and promptly crumpled up my script into a ball, went to the fucking park, and cashed a satisfying jumper.

C) It's a halloween-special murder-mystery radio-drama called homegrown tomatoes: the curious case of the wet spaghetti.

D) If anyone ever wants to chill in brooklyn or manhattan or W/E i'm with-it and p fun irl. Or if anyone's in town and they wanna be a guest on our show that would be fun...

E) Gnarly Riffs is a great handle and I expect big things from her. It's very nice to have another girl on here but don't make the mistake of falling for me like the others. Some of the girls on here use bad language and say things like 'LET ME BANG, BRO,' and i hope you have the good judgement not to say bad words like bro.

love charlie.

• Like 8

are you coyly asking me to be on your show because yes i'll do it but only to get famous

• Like 4

Can someone make my dog SHUT THE FUCK UP? Because I'm fucking sick of her barking everytime some virgin sets off a firework.

• Like 6

are you coyly asking me to be on your show because yes i'll do it but only to get famous

yes please. but i hope ur not disappointed when you find out that we only get about 20,000 listeners. ir ur serious tho lmk on fb idk my bff jill.

• Like 3

MBOP, I love your script. I love the "mom" detail, I love everything happening with Tim and the line about his baby, I love the $20,000 dilemma, I love the battle of the catchphrases, I love the part where Sean and Hayes are making faces at each other and Hayes rolls down the aisles, and I love how bitchy Agata is (it feels real and like she's right here with me). Very, very funny. I hope you'll write another one.

• Like 4

Put a flat bill on her.

brr, first of all this is a good joke, second i sent you a pm, pls respond soonest

• Like 4

The Earwolf studios will be closed this weekend for the upcoming holiday, so there won't be a show next week. Sorry everyone. We tried.

The Earwolf studios will be closed this weekend for the upcoming holiday, so there won't be a show next week. Sorry everyone. We tried.

Can't they just play one of the episodes they have frozen and stored in the teaser freezer?

• Like 2

I just want to throw out there that maybe once a week I think of the phrase "Brown on your butt, brown on my hands, let's grab a drink when this airplane lands" and chuckle to myself like a crazy person. Kudos to Mike Bay of Pigs.

• Like 8

MBOP, I love your script. I love the "mom" detail, I love everything happening with Tim and the line about his baby, I love the $20,000 dilemma, I love the battle of the catchphrases, I love the part where Sean and Hayes are making faces at each other and Hayes rolls down the aisles, and I love how bitchy Agata is (it feels real and like she's right here with me). Very, very funny. I hope you'll write another one.

lol thanks I will. we should all do collab-o's.

I just want to throw out there that maybe once a week I think of the phrase "Brown on your butt, brown on my hands, let's grab a drink when this airplane lands" and chuckle to myself like a crazy person. Kudos to Mike Bay of Pigs.

okay now u guys are just tryna make me feel cool. and I do. so I got that goin for me. thanks andy. btw, ur stand up made me lol. I wish I had the balls to do that stuff. how long do u sit on ur material before u go on stage? and how long do you sit in general?

shosho, u my dawg. thank u. allotta times people say imnarillis but i think younarillis

p.s. tim and I are cool we just had a misunderstanding and he told me about how the pope is a fraud and all this sweet stuff.

• Like 6

okay now u guys are just tryna make me feel cool. and I do. so I got that goin for me. thanks andy. btw, ur stand up made me lol. I wish I had the balls to do that stuff. how long do u sit on ur material before u go on stage? and how long do you sit in general?

Hey thanks! I sit about 95% of the day in front of a computer for my job and then I do it some more once I get home which is probably bad for me, but hey, gotta make that money right? You guys know what I'm talking about.

As far as sitting on jokes, if I have some new dumb joke I think is funny, I'll probably just go up and say it and try it out next time I go up, but I don't do stand up super consistently so sometimes I have a few weeks to think about the joke and see if there are any ways I can make it even stupider. But I'm no expert or anything I still am fumbling around trying to figure out what the H I'm doing and trying to work up the nerve to do it more consistently around LA so probably don't listen to me. you should do it though!

• Like 5

p.s. tim and I are cool we just had a misunderstanding and he told me about how the pope is a fraud and all this sweet stuff.

Not just that the pope is a fraud (lol thought police... I'm going to be in Rome next week pls don't kill me Swiss Guard!!), but that:

See Irish people were only allowed to eat potatoes, but all of the other food--meat, fish, vegetables--were shipped out of the country (under armed guard!) to England, while the Irish people starved! In the middle of all this they gave the Irish money not to teach our children Irish, and so they lost their history! This is what I think is still hurting the Irish :(

• Like 3

sitting on the computer sux. it's my life and I hate it

• Like 4

ok, i should have saved this for tomorrow but its a weird one and i dont want to do the unnatural sort-of wait i did last week and stop conversation about the podcast before its time. this is not episode 4, it is a sequel to episode 2. the uncanny tone of mbop's ep inspired me to go in a different direction, showing another side of the same story. my apologies to thenarnold, jeffreyparties, and agata

brush up on ep 1+2 here if you need to:

http://timsvlog.net/HGT/index.html

as always, you should listen to the theme song before you start reading:

https://soundcloud.c.../small-potatoes (theme by showshowbro)

now that you're ready, here is Homegrown Tomatoes season 1, episode 2B:

http://www.plotbot.c...102b/screenplay

and the file for archiving:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqn2b98syan659y/hgt_0102b%20%281%29.rtf

not a lot of characters in this one, but it answered some mysteries while revealing new ones

• Like 8

damn greggy. that shit was intense. and to be honest, pretty scary!

backflip into a bus made me crack up... this is getting meta too! this is gonna be like that fargo show, funny, dramatic, scary, and true!

at least we know J-Parties survives... otherwise id be super sad

• Like 3

Damn Greggy, amazing. For real if I had a tv show to hire writers for you would be hired. It was like the classic Homegrown Tomatoes we all know and love crossed with True Detective. Beautifully done.

• Like 3

Matt is now my improv teacher. good boy, told him that Hollywood Handbook was my favorite show and I don't think he's ever heard that phrase judging by the look on his face.

• Like 1

Matt is now my improv teacher. good boy, told him that Hollywood Handbook was my favorite show and I don't think he's ever heard that phrase judging by the look on his face.

You went up to a guy who has 10 podcasts of his own, and told him yr fave is one he was on, once. Major faux-pas, I'd expect some pretty vicious notes from now on.

• Like 3

Ah but you see this is a basic seduction technique from "The Game," and it's very smart to neg your teacher in order to establish a power-dynamic that works in your favor.

Let that Gourley guy fight for your approval!

Great Job!

• Like 2