🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 81 — Through the Church

Dag, Houg, Lyra, and Winter continue to explore the church they’ve found themselves in but have some unwanted visitors. It’s time for the gang to kick in some skeleton skulls!

Quote of the week

"Dirk off on his corpse!" -Brian

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 2

The negotiation over die roll results between Sarah and Blaine was priceless.

I also absolutely love the Loony Tunes approach to D+D Blaine brings to the game; the pratfalling skelly bit was a perfect response to the kind of silly over-preparation of "door-opening-procedure."

• Like 5

Throwing a lot of easy baddies at them is a great way for them to level up.

Also it's a party consisting of 1 fighter, 1 thief & 2 mages (and 1 one of those has 1 HP) so the baddies *have* to be easy :)

They should be leveling up soon, right? After all, they have killed a lot of skeletons and cops. Great episode this week. Lots of action. Keep up the good work!

They should be leveling up soon, right? After all, they have killed a lot of skeletons and cops. Great episode this week. Lots of action. Keep up the good work!

Yeah cause ya know they keep wicked tight track of things like XP and such.

Not that it applies to this "game" but I find it lame when characters are allowed to level up mid-adventure. Kind of immersion breaking to me.

Personally I found this episode quite boring. Work around Gerry's availability damn it! haha

Oh and am I the only one who hates that damned dice tower?

I gotta say...I laugh at every dirk joke.

I want Nerd Poker Season 2 to be an Adult Swim series so hard. No new voice acting, just shoehorn in the material from the podcast.

• Like 1

I have been thoroughly enjoying the new adventures! Blaine has the makings of a really good DM, full of humor and unexpectedly light moments. This episode started off with everyone at kind of a low energy level, but I'm guessing that that is the chance you take when you record episodes back to back. It's fine by me though. This podcast is more for 'fun' than many other podcasts, and that should be kept in mind when listening. At it's best, it's a look into a group of friends totally relaxing and riffing on each other. It certainly does remind me of the better D&D games I've been a part of in the past. There will always be "ums and ahhs", from players, but it doesn't bother me in the least bit. The skeletons have been fun, but I agree that it's time for some quirkier monsters! Keep up the excellent work you guys, you provide more entertainment than you know!

• Like 6

The negotiation over die roll results between Sarah and Blaine was priceless.

I also absolutely love the Loony Tunes approach to D+D Blaine brings to the game; the pratfalling skelly bit was a perfect response to the kind of silly over-preparation of "door-opening-procedure."

I agree. It gives it more of a Saturday morning cartoon flavour, which is refreshing in a game that can often become quite serious.

Oh, and the door-opening-procedure was in no way silly overpreparation. Every experienced D&D player knows - you check the door for traps. You check the door handle for traps. You check the lock for traps. If you found a trap, you check the trap for traps on the disarming mechanism. Then you always assume that there's something nasty on the other side which is going to attack/eat/burn you.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this