🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 186 — Showin' Arm

Jason Nash and his lovely mother Lorraine, join Kulap and your summah man, Howard, on this week's Who Charted! Kick your moms out, pump up the Billy Joel, and get excited to hear all about being a celebrity on the internet, having a great head of hair, and Jason's new movie, Jason Nash Is Married. Plus, Howard and Jason have a heated discussion about night beach, and the crew dole out some excellent wedding advice.

Don't forget to check out Jason's film here: http://jasonnashismarried.com/buy

Howard's Night Beach Adventures! Howard you choose your own adventure! You go to page 97 to explore the beach at night and...

"I back outta stuff, THAT'S WHEN I COME ALIVE." Howard Kremer and Master Shake are the same creature and also my mentors.

• Like 1

Have to add that I found this episode stressful. I felt that Howard got berated and he kept his cool. He showed up late but came in positive and ready to go! Howard's energy and Kulap's vibrance are what make this my favorite podcast!

The guest was fine but Howard doesn't need to vine to be successful he just got off a great comedy tour and continues to pump out creative albums that are inventive and fresh.

I wish I could move to Cali and help Kulap log and edit her doc and do promo and art for Howard's new DBS TLC Drop!

Have a Summah has been helping get through another Iowa summer, which are usually humid hot and unpleasant!

But Howard's positive energy and excitement has reminded me that Summah is about more that Sun and Heat. I realized that when it was a break from school it felt like it meant more, but why? I think that having a Summah is about letting go of what holds you back and follow the dreams that you can only have when you free yourself from mental burdens and do what you love.

Thank you Howard and Kulap for transcending your medium and really giving people more!

-Owen

• Like 2

I'm not being argumentative, I walked away with a different perspective.

I like the Jason and Howard dynamic, it's comparable to the Howard and Kulap dynamic. Close friends that don't shy away from getting Howard out of his comfort zone. When Jason's energy went up, so did Howard's.

It kind of helps to have already listened to the Sklarboro episode, because that was only like 48 minutes long (which is a short Sklar ep). The Sklars and Nash tried to to make it work, but it didn't click like this episode of Whooch. The Sklar episode wasn't bad, but at 48 minutes it felt edited.

I think Nash should come back soon, and even better if they can get his mother on the mic a little more.

Thanks for the reply, I agree that part of the Fun of the whole show is Howard and Kulap's opening up to each other and vicariously to us.

Thank for for extending the Dialog! I really feel that this episode was good I just felt for Howie but I do agree that the "argument" during the episode was coming from a place of appreciation and good intentions.

Also it is so good to have the Dynamic Back having the Wonder Twins reunited! People where being way to mean to Armon!

Thanks again for your reply!

• Like 1

Despite Jason's explanation, I still can't see Vines as a real professional form of entertainment. I find most vines with "Vine Celebs" totally annoying actually.

How is it that SodaDad is from Atlanta and works for Coke yet uses the word soda smh yall there's no such thing as soda in the south it's all coke

• Like 2

How is it that SodaDad is from Atlanta and works for Coke yet uses the word soda smh yall there's no such thing as soda in the south it's all coke

I thought the same thing.

Anyway, loved the episode. The Howard/Jason vibe was great. Howard getting all riled up is hilarious, and it never feels like he's genuinely upset, so it doesn't feel weird.

• Like 1

I'm in a part of the south (not in Georgia) where most people say soda. There are some people who call everything coke, although I find that annoying.

I live somewhat close (2 hours or so) to the coke plant, and you're completely right. I made the mistake of using the word "pop" when I first moved to where I am and they stared at me like I was speaking a nonexistent language. I'm surprised I didn't notice this, but I think I was just thankful that the character didn't have the stereotypical southern accent.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed the chemistry between Jason and Howard a lot. It sounds like they've known each other quite a while.

• Like 1