🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — Hollywood Bowl

It's good...

MOV01901_zps684057b7.gif

it's funky...

giphy.gif

(I had a hard time choosing which hippy dance gif to use this morning so now i'm posting the other two because why not)

• Like 7

It was SUCH a great surprise this morning when I realized that the podcast that got me into podcasts AND the whole Earwolf universe had a new episode. Analyze Phish episode 9 is possibly THE greatest episode of a podcast I've heard LITERALLY since I've started listening podcasts. We got KuKu AND PFT on it too?!? Oh boy. I was so happy at the end when Scott revealed his true feelings about Phish. Congratulations Harris Wittles, you did it. You did it bro. Humble Brags for days for that one. Keep it rolling guys.

giphy.gif

For the record, it sounded like "Gordo" WAS being an asshole.

How dare Scottrick ask about music at a concert?

Okay I was way too hard on "Gordo" - this is amazing:

• Like 3

In a big crowd of people at a concert would have been a bad environment to trip on LSD for the first time.

False. My first trip was with Robert Plant, and 80,000 people at Bonnaroo. One of the best experience of my life.

Earwolf staff, can someone please make a Mike Gordon guest page and credit him on the ep. As an obsessive fan of both Phish and Earwolf it would make me so happy if Mike Gordon had his own Earwolf guest page

• Like 1

Earwolf staff, can someone please make a Mike Gordon guest page and credit him on the ep. As an obsessive fan of both Phish and Earwolf it would make me so happy if Mike Gordon had his own Earwolf guest page

I second this notion. PLEASE make it happen Earwolf. We need a little Catctus in our ears!

here it is http://www.earwolf.com/person/mike-gordon/

• Like 9

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I think it would be nice to hear the entire Analyze Ph/Fish crew reflect on the Hollywood Bowl show in-studio.

Admittedly, it makes sense to end the show the way it began, with just Scott and Harris analyzing Phish. And I don't want people thinking I thought this episode was lame or anything, as it was a blast. All I'm saying is that, if there were, say, a commentary special for this show, I would not be complaining.

• Like 2

I can't help but get weird vibes from this episode, like Harris wasn't really goofy fun Harris and was going through some serious shit during the time and Scott was hesitant to put it out and felt bad for intruding on Harris' friends special thing. Idk just didn't have the same carefree Scott and Harris being dumb and having fun atmosphere, maybe I just need to re-listen a few times. Still a really solid episode though. Harris go to Northerly Island.

OK, I admit it. Originally I thought going that crazy over a man's socks was stupid. This picture proves me wrong.

Here's my question to everyone...If you sat down at the airport and PFT is sitting next to you wearing some amazing socks, what is your opening line to him? Would it be about how much you admire his work.....or his socks?

Here's my question to everyone...If you sat down at the airport and PFT is sitting next to you wearing some amazing socks, what is your opening line to him? Would it be about how much you admire his work.....or his socks?

"Technicality no down boo over"

• Like 13

Great, great show...Still a terrible, horrendous band....Palate cleanser!!

much appreciated. :) good song, too.

• Like 1

"You've never asked me what I think of Jaws."

"We've never gone into this?"

"No ... you wanna hear?"

"Quite honestly?"

"I think it was the shark that killed everyone."

• Like 2

the existence of this gif confuses and excites me

I would explain what made me do it, but I think it's best left to the imagination.

Just started to the ep, but wanted to chime in support for Harris in his sobriety.

edit

Also, perhaps I am misunderstanding a bit, but Scott was high as fuck.

Sign in to follow this