🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 9 — Hollywood Bowl

Both me and Harris now are 30, and watching this episode of DVDASA makes me realize I'm making the same excuses.

The contrast between Harris' attitude toward his opiate use on DVDASA vs this ep of Analyze Phish is pretty amazing. Glad he's gotten back on the wagon. And man that David Choe dude sounds like a real dingus.

• Like 1

I can't help but get weird vibes from this episode, like Harris wasn't really goofy fun Harris and was going through some serious shit during the time and Scott was hesitant to put it out and felt bad for intruding on Harris' friends special thing. Idk just didn't have the same carefree Scott and Harris being dumb and having fun atmosphere, maybe I just need to re-listen a few times. Still a really solid episode though. Harris go to Northerly Island.

I really liked it because it was actually real, hearing Harris talk about his addiction was really interesting. They do enough bits and have done hours of silly comedy, hearing them actually speak like friends was great. Scott was obviously concerned and Harris' usual blunt approach to hitting rock bottom was actually pretty hilarious.

• Like 2

This really filled the U talkin U2 to me hole in my heart, but knowing its probably the series conclusion just kills me! I think Wittles theory about Jaws from Jaws is pretty solid too.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What kinda outfit does a PFT wear to a Phish show?

Maybe the full anchor suit from JAWS??

tumblr_mrwrwdPHeA1qzu9gno1_500.jpg

1325107726.jpg

• Like 2

Man, I don't want to read this whole thread, I'm sure it's mentioned: I think it's insanely cool for H.W. to talk about getting sober. So much media is telling you that you have to party to participate in culture. IDK, I don't want to s ound like an after school special but I went through a lot of the same stuff and I appreciate hearing people open up about it. I don't remember his exact quote but "Some people can drink and they're fine, but other people don't get to do it"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this