đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
ShitBarf

A Gnome Named Gnorm (1990)

Gnome-Named-Gnorm-movie-poster.jpg

Gnorm is just an average Gnome. But he wants to impress the lady Gnomes by doing something heroic. So he steals the Gnome's magic stones to expose them to sunlight to recharge them. When he gets to the surface, (Gnome's live deep underground) he witnesses a murder, and the killer ends up with his stones. Detective Casey, who was working a sting operation with the murdered man, (another detective) is blamed for botching the sting, and causing the death. Wanting to catch the killer to clear his name, he teams up with Gnorm, who he accidentally discovers. He is going to need Samantha's help, but she thinks he is a nut. You see, no one else knows about Gnorm.

The full movie is up on youtube

Every time I think I've reached the nadir (apex?) of 1980s and 90s ridiculous trash, the 1980s and 90s surprise me.

Man, I know people like to shit on bad CGI, but man early 1990s CGI could only make that thing look better.

• Like 1

Wow so I went to IMDB with the intention of searching for the writers' and director's names with the words "cocaine arrest" - but it turns out that the two writers are:

Pen Denshan - who wrote this admittedly awesome looking book on screen plays about how you should just be creative and has a bunch of essays from guys like Nia Vardalos, Shane Black and Danny McBride, with 88 reviews in Amazon averaging 5 stars

http://www.amazon.com/Riding-Alligator-Strategies-Screenplay-Writing/dp/193290784X/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1404151582&sr=1-3&keywords=pen+densham

and

John Watson, who looks like a big shot producer now, but he has only 6 writers credits. The only two of note are A Gnome Named Gnorm and then that was followed immediately by Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves. Then basically nothing else. What? How is that possible?

• Like 1

Poor Jerry Orbach. I think 90% of his career was either playing cops or a mafia boss. Or in this case a mixture of the both.

Bump this was one of those movies that they played on HBO far too many times so I've probably seen this like ten times depressingly enough.

On 8/24/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ofcoursemyhorse said:

So it had a completely different title in some English-language markets. Between this movie and Don’t Tell Her It’s Me, I’m starting to think it’s the sure sign of a “winner.”

(Yes, I realize DTHIM changed titles and different moments after its release and this one is had different titles in different markets. Don’t be “That Guy.”)

I'm actually shocked they picked this one, it's such a weird, obscure movie. The puppet they used for this almost looks like they repurposed a gelfling puppet from Dark Crystal.

I have never in my life ever heard of this movie in any way shape or form. But from the description and the trailer it certainly deserves to be covered by HDTGM, so good call. Now off to listen to the episode!

Sign in to follow this