🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DarthFaelan

Cherry Falls (2000)

I half remembered this movie from high school but figured i'd have to rewatch it to see if it was really crazy enough to recommended for HDTGM. I watched it the other night and holy shit this movie is absolutely NUTS. I honestly can't sum up the insanity of this movie better than it's IMDB page:

"A psychotic serial slasher starts a bloodthirsty murder rampage at Cherry Falls high school that only kills the local high school virgins. This leads to the local teenage population organizing a sex party."

​Seriously this movie has everything, hideously mangled attempts at feminism, tonnes of gross sex and acting that makes Nic Cage look like Anthony Hopkins. PLEASE DO THIS MOVIE!

I remember this stinker. They couldn't even get it released theatrically so they had to premiere it on USA.

This goldmine doesn’t deserve to be buried in a dead thread.  The Scream Factory release in 2016 answered many questions about why the tone is off for much of the film.  Most of the satire and comedy was edited out after Columbine so it could just be dumped on TV.

I mean the satire is apparent as the town is Cherry Falls and it’s about virgins being murdered...

So crazy in all the right ways.

Sign in to follow this