🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 39 — Sean O'Connor, Our Close Friend

Somehow that doesn't surprise me in the least.

Edit: I do too, but I like to think that people would find that fact charming and non-threatening about myself like they do when I know all the words to Baby Got Back.

Yeah, I went through kind of a Bloodhound Gang phase in high-school, and probably know all the words to more than a few Bloodhound Gang songs still, even some deep cuts. If we ever meet up, we should play the song loud and sing along to it. Seems like a really good bonding potential.

• Like 3

I definitely know every word to that Presidents album that Sean was rattling off tunes from. Surprised he mentioned Boll Weevil, cause that bug is just too scary.

• Like 1

you should, because your face is killing me!!!!!

...they come for you when you're at the top of the mountain...

• Like 4

just added pics you sickos

• Like 8

this week's epicsode really hit close to home. IRL I was just doing one of my favortie hobbies, which is of course, shredding mountain waterfalls. Very impressive, I know, but I wish more attention would've been paid to exactly how Hayes got his mitts on a big ole turtle shell? I mean it's not like those things are just laying around. Turtles live for a really long time and even if you could find a living turtle he's not going to just hand over his shell. Turtles don't fear conventional human weaponry, so you must gently coax the turtle out. Is there a secret song Hayes sings to them? Perhaps a magical flute? I need to know

• Like 3

Is Hayes's sling on a different arm this week?

how else is he properly going to get his muscles smallened to play Sammy Sosa?

• Like 3

Hey. I'm back. Miss me? Rhetorical question because I know the answer is a big fat honking, YES!

I was in the hospital and almost died...it was cool. Totally was like taking the pound town express every night with my nurses. So chill, so cash. Everyone was like, "Ummm, can we get all the hotties to room 572, there's a total hunk in here that needs to be taken care of!" So, yeah...what did I miss while I was gone? Does Tim still suck? I bet Tim still sucks.

• Like 12

I was in the hospital and almost died

Hey, even God sometimes makes mistakes #sorrynotsorry

For really though, Facebook decided not to show me your post about having been in the hospital, despite some crazy number of "like"s, including some of our mutual friends. FB stands for "Fail Book". Glad you're OK. Want to tell us what happened?

• Like 5

I have type 1 diabetes and last Monday I went into diabetic ketoacidosis. Was in the hospital all week for it. I could probably explain it but Wikipedia would do a better job than I:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diabetic_ketoacidosis

It was quite the unpleasant experience, everything is all good again and back to normal but it was for sure a scary situation for a while. I'm just glad to have a computer back and be able to listen to my podcasts again...hospitals are fucking boring man. You can only watch so many daytime chat shows on a television from 1995 without truly wanting to blow your brains out.

• Like 7

the theme song sounded really crisp and clear at the beginning of the show this week, i enjoyed that a lot

• Like 3

I have type 1 diabetes and last Monday I went into diabetic ketoacidosis. Was in the hospital all week for it. I could probably explain it but Wikipedia would do a better job than I:

http://en.wikipedia....ic_ketoacidosis

It was quite the unpleasant experience, everything is all good again and back to normal but it was for sure a scary situation for a while. I'm just glad to have a computer back and be able to listen to my podcasts again...hospitals are fucking boring man. You can only watch so many daytime chat shows on a television from 1995 without truly wanting to blow your brains out.

Less than 1% chance of dying? Man up, you pussy, and stop crying like a little girl.

P.S. - I'm glad you didn't die. I like you.

• Like 4

plz don't like this post i need you to save all ur likes 4 an upcoming post that will drop on page 3 or 4. thanks, cahrlie.

ps. i like joe too!

pps. i hope i didn scare off gnarly riffs because she seemed rLLy cool.

• Like 1

Congratulations on not dying joe, I couldn't be more indifferent for you.

I am a little confused as to why you went to this 'hospital' place though. I mean the next time you're going to die, save yourself the embarrassment and get down to the Chateau Marmont. It is THE place to die, just a tip

• Like 4

Lets figure out which place is best to die. My vote is for the viper room. Very chic.

• Like 5

secret basement of anchorman grocery

• Like 5

Haven't listened to the episode or read the comments (about to do so now) but I did write some limericks inspired by Patrick McMahon the other day at work so I'm going to drop these here.,,

There once was a man named Hayes

He did bicep curls for days

So built he became

That to maintain his fame

He smalled his muscles and now Sammy Sosa he plays

There once was a man named Sean

He had both brains and brawn

And when he did jokes

It bussed up the folks (in a good way)

Much more than the movie Don Jon

These were super easy and definitely didn't take longer to come up with than I was expecting.

• Like 8

It's funny that Sean O'conner doesn't like his voice, because when I looked up a picture of his face, my gut told me I would 100% not like a thing it told me, but then I heard those words falling out in that sweet Owen Wilson-like voice and thought he was great!

Isn't Sparkbox the same business as Toygaroo - the only loser in the Cubes' Tank portfolio? Can the next set of ads explain how it's a different model and that they're not just proving Kevin right every time he says "There's nothing proprietary. If it's successful what's gonna stop one of the big box guys from coming along and doing it too?" Except in this case their copying a company that went bankrupt. I thought pause at the end of the cards against humanity ad was really funny. Felt like they were just running out the clock.

Lets figure out which place is best to die.

Rue Manor, but only meta-physically.

• Like 4

For the record, my celebrity man-crush is Sean.

Is that why you didn't want to get in to it? Because you knew that mine was you and you didn't want to expose me to the possibility that I could have a healthy man-crush on someone else? That seems awfully selfish. Which is a quality I respect very deeply and aspire to, hence my man-crush.

• Like 5

What up? What up?

First time posting on the forums just to say I will NEVER be listening to Hayes and Sean again. You used to make me buss my shit up in a mostly good way, but today, when I heard that add selling sparkboxes to children, it made me buss up in a bad way. I stopped listening IMMEDIATELY!

How can you think it's ok to sell boxes of fire to children? You have clearly sold out, probably because you're not making as much money in movies and TV as you said.

Boxes of fire are scarier than skelingtons and ghoulies, and I can't believe you sell them on your show.

I'm very disappointed, more disappointed than the time I played mini golf with William Fichtner and Jonathan Lipnicki and Jonathan won by 4 strokes ... I would have thought Willy Fichtner was better at golf than that.

Anyway, never listening again, you never made me laff my whole butt off, I still have most of it.

Go fuck yourself,

thinkofthechildren

• Like 3

whoa whoa whoa thinkof, did you stop listening the moment you heard the company name? if so, and trust me on this one, you should start it back up and give them like 15 more seconds

and yeah asteck, i assumed they were the same company as on shark tank but it would be funny if there were a totally separate toy subscription services with exactly the same business model

• Like 6

Greggy is right, thinkof. I was scared at first too but Hayes and Sean do a pretty great job of clearing that up. The toys are not only completely not on fire, but they are also extremely clean.

• Like 2

Its true those toys are totes cleaner than your filthy fucking fly over state children

• Like 1