🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 39 — Sean O'Connor, Our Close Friend

FIrst, you need to do some groundworks and explain what a podcast is. Maybe queue up a few episodes from various shows so they can just get a feel for the scene. Maybe mention that patent lawsuit, or the major stories WTF broke. Then you can narrow down on the Earwolf umbrella, take them through a sample CBB, explain how its irreverant nature really informed the character of the conglomeration, and how Scott's LA comedy credentials helped further populate the lineup. Maybe take them to the website, show the blog, the list of guests, point out that they have a forum, but don't say you've got an account, just explain was a messageboard is at the moment (don't want to overwhelm them). You're about ready to start honing in on HH. First of course you've got to get them to listen to the back-catalog of RSS episodes, otherwise it doesn't make any sense at all. Eventually you arrive at HH epi 1: Our Close Friend Jake Johnson. Point out the similarities, but also the differences, probably highlighting how the change in focus from a hated medium (reality shows) to a loved one (big and small movies, maybe music) was intended to increase listenership. I'd say give them like, 6 or 8 of the best episodes, over the range of the show, with notes talking about how old running jokes are dropped and new ones develop. Around this time I'd mention the active forum community (which is heavily referenced in the show itself, another attempt to bolster ratings). FINALLY you're getting onto linking them to the HH subforum, where you pick any given episode thread. There you just highlight the OP (Agata) and say "she's rude."

e: misread Jacob C's post for some reason and thought Agata had told him to eff off, amend my guide to highlight the 4th post in the thread (Valerie) and say "she's rude".

e2 I hope Game of Scones got a CD and it was not a joke

• Like 8

If you're one of those people who cares about what their family thinks, you can delete the post. I won't hold it against you, but I will start calling you a mama's boy behind your back and a fucking loser to your face.

• Like 10

Valerie started harassing me on Facebook, guys. She used swears on my wall. How am I supposed to explain this to my family?

give into any demand and do whatever she tells you. saying that

a girl is "harassing me" comes across pretty limp noodle so it's likely VB could destroy you.

but whatever you do make sure to screen your pics because

APPARENTLY, "a blurry jacuzzi photo" IS FROWNED UPON!!!

ps your family hates you

e2 I hope Game of Scones got a CD and it was not a joke

the joke is that he will never get it... and I'm okay with that

• Like 2

everyone please add me on facebook https://www.facebook...php?id=12315337 i no longer care to keep my internet persona and my real persona separate. i would very much like to be able to comment "too scary" on peoples facebook statuses and actually have someone know what im talking about.

thank you and god bless.

• Like 6

I honestly am a bit of a wet noodle, guys :(

Hopefully skizelo and TheloniousJunk's tips will make me know how to not be so scared of girls (i.e. Valerie, I'm even too scared to call her veebs) and not be so offended by swears words. I LIED GUYS IT'S NOT ABOUT MY FAMILY, I JUST DON'T LIKE BAD WORDS THEY MAKE ME SAD

• Like 3

On the off chance that any of you guys are in Seattle on the 4th of July, you're all welcome to come to my Dad's on Vashon Island and watch the fireworks in front of his house. It's pretty sick.

There will be swimming and beer and "totally legal" fireworks that I have purchased from Sean's relatives in the Puyallup Tribe of Indians.

• Like 1

for context, showshowbro begged me to be on his show but it didn't fit in my v busy schedule, so to compromise i let him eat dumplings near me. thanks for not murdering us.

• Like 7

for context, showshowbro begged me to be on his show but it didn't fit in my v busy schedule, so to compromise i let him eat dumplings near me. thanks for not murdering us.

I think people should have been more supportive and all around less bitchy about the whole thing.

• Like 1

this is what's known as an insiders joke, chanson.

edit: p.s. we're not just gonna jump onto an island with ur dad until you furnish a pic.

• Like 1

Yeah Chanson, we wanna see that D.

(Dad).

• Like 10

mean. and quite possibly rude.

• Like 3

Here you go you awful people.

10170857_10201911123411487_2033703674268996973_n.jpg

...I don't know, he likes boats.

• Like 10

Dude you didnt tell us your D is a fuggin pirate! Thats premo boss.

Really though that's pretty cool

• Like 5

Weird, I can't see Chanson Snr in Chrome, but he's right there gripping that wood in IE and Firefox...

I think Treese is sabotaging your dad pics, C-Dog.

Edit: heh heh, C-Dog, because of boats. I didn't even plan that.

• Like 10

Hey H. Hey S. Just checkin' in. Y'all need any Pop Gal Q's?

Yes, Bozos. Thank you for asking. Glad somebody did! Please submit questions for Aubrey Palazzo.

• Like 4

Sooooo, just finished up some high altitude training in Appalachia to prepare for my upcoming hurricane battle tonight. Otw to the beach and I'm feeling optimistic. it's only a category 2 and my spinning dragon kick is

at least a cat 3. Plus it's named Arthur, so I should be back in time for the popcorn gallery.

edit: Hayes knows computers dos a pic! nice. is that Hayes Sr.?

• Like 1

Aubrey, your character on Parks & Rec is married to Chris Pratt's character. How much fat shaming did you and the rest of the cast have to do before he got into muscle shape?

#thinspiration

• Like 3

is that Hayes Sr.?

I'll field this one.

Yes, legit Dad status confirmed by extensive Internet stalking. Keeps it very quiet though, probably some sort of real dark family pain there. It'll all come out in the inevitable WTF interview I guess.

• Like 2

God damn now THAT'S a dad.

Question for Aubrey: Hi Aubrey. I heard that once you had a run-in with Ryan Gosling and I assume by now you are fast friends. Have you ever gone shopping with him? He seems like the kind of guy that would spend a lot of time picking out olives. Please confirm/deny my olive theory. Thank you.

• Like 5

My question for Arby Plaza is: you got a Dad?

Follow up: What that Dad do?

• Like 5

Aubrey Plaza,

1 You tried to steal Will Ferrell's comedic genius award onstage. Why didn't you just wait for him in the parking lot?

2 You are named after a 'Bread' song, have you forgiven your parents?

3 Are you feeling it? Like you're hot... I'm hot... so like, are you feeling it?

• Like 1