🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HotSaucerman

Brett Morris! Stard! What Podcasts Do you Listen To?

For us podcast nerds, Brett has the best job in the world... But... in your free time, what podcasts do you listen to, Brett? What are your weekly 'can't miss' shows?

• Like 1

Part of working in audio, both full time and on the side and my passion projects, means that my ears are rarely free to listen to something I'm not SUPPOSED to be listening to. And when they do get free time, they need a break. So I miss being an active listener to stuff.

That said, recently in the car I've been listening to "Philosophize This", just a nerdy podcast about Philosophy. It's alright, getting better. I listened to a couple Brody podcasts a few weeks ago. I don't really know much of what's out there, embarrassingly enough. I'd love some recommendations for music and maybe more intellectual kinda stuff.

• Like 1

Part of working in audio, both full time and on the side and my passion projects, means that my ears are rarely free to listen to something I'm not SUPPOSED to be listening to. And when they do get free time, they need a break. So I miss being an active listener to stuff.

That said, recently in the car I've been listening to "Philosophize This", just a nerdy podcast about Philosophy. It's alright, getting better. I listened to a couple Brody podcasts a few weeks ago. I don't really know much of what's out there, embarrassingly enough. I'd love some recommendations for music and maybe more intellectual kinda stuff.

I can recommend music all day. Just depends on what you like, although I assume that since you play and produce your taste is pretty varied. Any type of music you have been wanting to get into but haven't had the time to find good artists?

I actually meant music podcasts! But hey any good heavy shit you know, or anything interesting really I'm always interested.

I actually meant music podcasts! But hey any good heavy shit you know, or anything interesting really I'm always interested.

http://en.wikipedia....Blind_Idiot_God

I suggest this band to people whenever I get the chance... they made albums in the late 80's and early 90's that sound like they could have been released yesterday.

some might call it.... math rock.

I'll check it out. The name reminds me of eyehategod which is a great band.

NPR's "Tiny Desk Concerts" are pretty great. Lots of good 15-20 minute sets by a variety of Indie bands. And Pat Francis, Jimmy Pardo's buddy, has a podcast called "Rock Solid" where each episode has a different theme and he and one of his rotating co-hosts bring in 5 songs from their collection. They play a snippet from the songs and discuss them. Its a pretty funny show and they typically try to pick songs that are more obscure than stuff that you hear on the radio all the time.

I need to find more music podcasts too. Its sort of overwhelming when I jump on iTunes to find one because there's just so many to choose from.

• Like 1

StarTalk Radio with neil degrasse tyson is good, Radiolab is great, Jonah Raydio has decent tunes occasionally, All have deep archives and have radio in the title but are on the internet which is just soo frosh

For some reason I think you might enjoy this, Brett:

I did that like that, thanks!

• Like 1

The best non-Whooch "music podcast" also happens to regularly deal in "good heavy shit". It's called For Those About To Rock, is a hard rock and metal review show and comes with bonus charming Northern English accents.

Matter of fact it's so good that even when they're covering "non-good heavy shit", which is fairly often, it's a lot of fun to listen to.

• Like 1

The best non-Whooch "music podcast" also happens to regularly deal in "good heavy shit". It's called For Those About To Rock, is a hard rock and metal review show and comes with bonus charming Northern English accents.

Matter of fact it's so good that even when they're covering "non-good heavy shit", which is fairly often, it's a lot of fun to listen to.

Cool thanks. Do they cover new stuff? I wouldn't want the equivalent of "That Metal Show" where they just circlejerk over stuff I already know.

Sign in to follow this