🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 40 — Aubrey Plaza, Our Close Friend

Can you give us some insight into the process, like how this came about, recording, when you met sean and hayes did you hug them?

Yeah! Here's how it WENT DOWN from what I remember

I've sort of been in a rut recently looking for a new job and stuff so I've been reaching out to friends and people I know who have careers I might be interested in, just to ask them how they got their job and what their responsibilities are so I can see if it would be an OK fit. So even though I was sort of nervous to, I reached out to Hayes after he friended me on Facebook, asking if he would ever have a minute to talk about the TV writing world. And he was incredibly accommodating and nice we set up a time and a place to meet really fast.

So then when we were having lunch together he kind of just started thinking of bits and ideas for me to do on the show and he came up with the idea of me pretending to be some famous guy's son and they were getting frustrated at me while I tried to explain a movie. And I was pretty shocked that he would even consider putting me IN the show, but I said it sounded funny and if he actually wanted me to say dumb stuff on air I'd love to do anything they wanted.

So yeah then not too long later he emailed me and said he and Sean wanted me to come record with them on Saturday. It all happened really fast and I was shocked at how much of the hilarious stuff they were saying (all of it) was just coming right off the top of the dome. Also Aubrey Plaza was leaving when I arrived and she told me I "ruined everything" which means I can pretty much die now.

Also sorry we didn't hug but we shook hands a couple times and I think our hands were a good fit. It just felt right, you know?

Let me know if I left anything out or if you guys are curious about any particular aspects of this whole insane experience.

• Like 20

#RealTalk

It makes me happy that our forum community is nurturing new talent and bringing people together. Especially Andy Kneis, who has been around since the Reality SHOW show days and is nothing if not a one of the most quality dudes in this community of quality dudes and dudettes. Andy, you and your astro van did great!

I was really disappointed that there was no callback to Vibes. I feel like this was a tremendous oversight.

Otherwise, flat bills off to Andy once again. I hope we hear from you again soon.

Maybe someday NPR will do a story about how this forum was like the groundlings for podcasts.

• Like 12

Yeah! Here's how it WENT DOWN from what I remember

I've sort of been in a rut recently looking for a new job and stuff so I've been reaching out to friends and people I know who have careers I might be interested in, just to ask them how they got their job and what their responsibilities are so I can see if it would be an OK fit. So even though I was sort of nervous to, I reached out to Hayes after he friended me on Facebook, asking if he would ever have a minute to talk about the TV writing world. And he was incredibly accommodating and nice we set up a time and a place to meet really fast.

So then when we were having lunch together he kind of just started thinking of bits and ideas for me to do on the show and he came up with the idea of me pretending to be some famous guy's son and they were getting frustrated at me while I tried to explain a movie. And I was pretty shocked that he would even consider putting me IN the show, but I said it sounded funny and if he actually wanted me to say dumb stuff on air I'd love to do anything they wanted.

So yeah then not too long later he emailed me and said he and Sean wanted me to come record with them on Saturday. It all happened really fast and I was shocked at how much of the hilarious stuff they were saying (all of it) was just coming right off the top of the dome. Also Aubrey Plaza was leaving when I arrived and she told me I "ruined everything" which means I can pretty much die now.

Also sorry we didn't hug but we shook hands a couple times and I think our hands were a good fit. It just felt right, you know?

Let me know if I left anything out or if you guys are curious about any particular aspects of this whole insane experience.

wow, this is v. cool

oh god i think i have to start calling u mr kneis now

• Like 4

PS - Is it weird that I found Aubrey Plaza calling Jacob a piece of shit kinda hot?

• Like 6

good ep but 2funny 4me 8dat a bitch. sweet 16s in my trunk 32's on the wheels--- thass just how the SIX FO feelz.

sry smoking that sherm, hayes knows what im talmbout he didn't "pipe" up when the weed talk was goin on.

• Like 3

PPS - Happy first day of legal weed sales. Fucking stoners.

guys it killin me hiding this. im Michael bay of pigs. these stupid forums from the 80's or whatever no longer lets me log in via twitter so I jut made thi sick acct. hope u like it. if you miss this post I will never reveal my identity again, so read it and creep.

sry for being a decepticon

congrats to andy. we live vicariously thru u now

• Like 12

PS - Is it weird that I found Aubrey Plaza calling Jacob a piece of shit kinda hot?

I sure didn't find it weird! In fact it was the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Which makes admitting that the saddest thing that's ever happened to me

• Like 3

ANDY!! This was so awesome!! I have to know- When you met Hayes and Sean, did they call you Andy Nice or Andy Niece?

• Like 2

got a pretty big tip for all you scoop troopers out there.

mrs plaza touched on it a bit, but not everyone can listen to the show with a notebook in hand, as much as we'd all like to. sometimes during a hectic day on the farm you have to squeeze it in whenever you can. maybe you listen to it on your lunch break, or while you're on that little elevator car going down into the coal mine, or you're out riding your horse on the open plains, herding your cattle. sometimes its just impossible to get out your officially licensed hollywood handbook-notebook to jot down your juicy scoops. here's where my tip comes in--

you can write your notes on just about anything. thats what big notebook and the legal pad lobbyists don't want you to know. for instance, i was driving my threshing machine back from the big city today when i heard some especially juicy scoops, so i reached for the closest thing i had to me; a receipt from the store i had just left.

heres a picture for proof that im not fibbing here

OkvIPZ0.png

i hope my little tip can save some of my fellow troopers a little time! :) :) :) :) :)

• Like 18

the ol price-tag switcheroo swindle i bet

• Like 3

Thank you for paying respect to our veterans, Andy.

Also I was expecting Sean and Andy to clash a bit when the topic of Andy's living sitch came up. Kinda like an Upstairs/Downstairs battle since Andy emphasized the point that his room was UPSTAIRS and we all know Sean lives in his 'rents basement. Anyone else watch haughty British society dramas and get my reference? I'm talkin' the deep cuts, not the poser Downton shit. Anyway, great job Andy. My heart was like throbbing with pride and shit while I listened....

• Like 8

i can't believe sean went to the trouble to take his tooth out for the cronut-eating experience only for engineer sam to totally biff on the photo

it's like if the moon landing cameraman accidentally filmed a giant microphone that covered the astronaut men

• Like 5

got a pretty big tip for all you scoop troopers out there.

mrs plaza touched on it a bit, but not everyone can listen to the show with a notebook in hand, as much as we'd all like to. sometimes during a hectic day on the farm you have to squeeze it in whenever you can. maybe you listen to it on your lunch break, or while you're on that little elevator car going down into the coal mine, or you're out riding your horse on the open plains, herding your cattle. sometimes its just impossible to get out your officially licensed hollywood handbook-notebook to jot down your juicy scoops. here's where my tip comes in--

you can write your notes on just about anything. thats what big notebook and the legal pad lobbyists don't want you to know. for instance, i was driving my threshing machine back from the big city today when i heard some especially juicy scoops, so i reached for the closest thing i had to me; a receipt from the store i had just left.

heres a picture for proof that im not fibbing here

OkvIPZ0.png

i hope my little tip can save some of my fellow troopers a little time! :) :) :) :) :)

Hey toby keith sweat,

I don't want to start a forum beef, but it looks to me like you live in a fucking flyover state man. I'm thinking maybe 69sville is NOT in Hollywood?

... how else would you explain going to Walmart and NOT buying coconut waters and a blu ray copy of Tom "CruiseControl" in Cocktail?

... not very Hollywood.

• Like 2

was it a sale or something how did you get a hay bale so cheap

greggy is mostly right. i took the gun i bought and made the walmart man give me a good price on a hay bale.

• Like 3