🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 40 — Aubrey Plaza, Our Close Friend

Hey Scoop Troopers, do you have any questions for Matt Besser? He will be stopping by the studio to share his thoughts on greggy and answer all your popcorn gallery inquiries.

• Like 2

Lovely work by everybody this week. Everyone is good as heck in this guy's book.

As an aside, earlier I had some time to kill at my Non-Hollywood Job For Nerds And Losers, and I decided something had to be done about a glaring issue in the Homegrown Tomatoes scripts. People are dancing around including everyone by just saying "everyone in the forum is here or whatever," but that's not good enough in my book. My book is selfish and has a fragile ego. My book sucks

Anyway I went and made a list of everyone that has ever posted in this forum even once: http://pastebin.com/15ivXpJ0 I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anyone but sorry if I did. This isn't my fucking job though so whatever, maybe I'm not sorry.

I also made some example scripts to show off the power that is now available to you, the mighty scribe:

Smearwolf, wherein everyone is crushed with a steamroller

Melville Mischief, a recital of everyone's favorite sentence in Moby Dick (it's not a competition but Hot - Slunch won)

boy I am definitely NOT regretting the time I put into this dumb thing right now, I tell ya what

• Like 9

Andy was very good I thought. A gentleman.

Which forum hound is on there next week? How do we feel about 'forum hound'? I think it's good, like a hound sniffing out scoops and laughs?* We could howl at each other irl to see if we're from the forum? Just a thought, let me know.

*and eating out pussy!! More dry British wit for you.

• Like 1

Also, I accidentally googled my email address and found this gem of a video:

THIS!!!

I have no idea why I love this / hate this so much.

• Like 1

I would love to collab with you guys.

Honestly I don't feel like I know how to "be funny"

I have a hard time understanding when people are being sarcastic irl. I'm super gullible, so I end up just feeling really dumb when people are "being funny" around me.

I try to like 'yes and-ing' with my comedy friends when we get drunk at the bars and I feel like I am just kind of boring maybe?

So maybe you don't want to collab with me.

BUT

For real, if any of you ever want to film something, or potentially work together on bringing your ideas to life, I'm pretty alright at that shit, and have access to lots of equipment for cheap / free.

So let me know on FB or something.

OHHHH

and Graphics designz is something I am good at too.

and I know we may not live in the same proximity, but who doesn't like to travel!?

and I'm not saying you should come to Cincinnati, I'm saying I will come to LA or Seattle, or whatever cooler city you live in.

Oh and also,

I do a half way decent impression of "reek" aka theon Grayjoy (spelling?) from game of frones. But only as Reek and not theon.

ughhh also

sorry this is so long.

if you need something to listen to today at your job or in your car, try jammin' on my friend dustin's mix he put together.

I wouldn't plug it if I didn't think it was good

https://soundcloud.com/dust-bowl/lust-in-the-dust-mix

• Like 10

Showshowbro and I had a great convo on facebook, I mean, it was probably the greatest FB convo I've ever had (Sorry Tim). During it I told him about how I tweeted Sean and Hayes about coming on next week as Mads Mikkelsen's son, Happies Mikkelsen. But no response yet.

• Like 6

This is really good so far B-rulz. I also saw on fb that your friend(?) was in a video with Yoni Wolf, which I thought was really cool. I'm def a big fan of Why and other anticon stuff. I also want to shout out to Showshowbro and give thanks for the music reqs he posted while ago. I went to a Burger beach bash thing a few weekends ago that was fun and I would have overlooked if I hadn't checked out some of the bands based on that post.

• Like 3

Oh and also,

I do a half way decent impression of "reek" aka theon Grayjoy (spelling?) from game of frones. But only as Reek and not theon.

Umm, really? Can we get a sneak peek?

Don't forget about 'The Maxxxxxxx'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Maxx

aw man the maxx was great. I know it's animated but his jungle queen / gf julie winters gave me more than one confusing pre adolescent cartoon boner. the whole mtv oddities block of shows was super cool.

Guest Request: Kumail Nanjiani, he has a great sense of humor which would make, I think, for an interesting dynamic with the Bros. I went to his christmas eve eve show last year and it was awesome. Afterwards, he hung out with me IRL and we smoked a blunt while trying to evade his in laws. It's nice to meet someone you admire and they turn out to be even cooler than you thought I'll never forget it

• Like 3

Wow Andy, points for sure. Also, good news for anyone who likes/liked my limericks, my job continues to be super boring leaving me with nothing to do but write up bullshit on my phone all day.

Hollywood Handbook is a perfect show

I've seen every show so trust me I know

It's the pinnacle of the podcast

Must better than Todd Glass or Smodcast

And if you diasgree you're not my bro

There once was a clown named Greggy

Is he really a clown? Maybe

On his "clown" charm he coasts

And he likes his own posts

That's just his style baby

I tried to write one for Chanson but it proved too difficult to rhyme with. I guess I should make one for Andy now that he's HH royalty.

• Like 8

Does anyone else want me to make a Facebook Group for Hollywood Handjobs? I just made one for my high school class and I'm on a roll.

• Like 1

Chanson's not that hard.

There once was a user named Chanson

Who had the coolest dad that you can, son

He was obsessed with Seattle

A place if you ever be at he’ll

explain the fun things to do, or at least help you plan some

I've been trying to be more nice than funny lately. It probably shows.

• Like 10

Chanson's not that hard.

There once was a user named Chanson

Who had the coolest dad that you can, son

He was obsessed with Seattle

A place if you ever be at he’ll

explain the fun things to do, or at least help you plan some

I've been trying to be more nice than funny lately. It probably shows.

Masterful.

• Like 1

Umm, really? Can we get a sneak peek?

I'll see if I can't put something up this weekend.

(when I say pretty decent impression, I mean probably bad)

• Like 1

This is really good so far B-rulz. I also saw on fb that your friend(?) was in a video with Yoni Wolf, which I thought was really cool. I'm def a big fan of Why and other anticon stuff. I also want to shout out to Showshowbro and give thanks for the music reqs he posted while ago. I went to a Burger beach bash thing a few weekends ago that was fun and I would have overlooked if I hadn't checked out some of the bands based on that post.

Yes yessssss,

Yoni is like a local celeb in cincinnati because of the success of why. Not just because they 'made it' but because they're actually really good.

There is like a little crew of guys and girls that have made the trek out to LA within the past 5 years or so Andre being one of them. Andre is also like a local dude that everyone loves. When he was here he would put on shows and do his character videos. If you ever get a chance to dig into his youtube there's some pretty great stuff there.

Even though we live in a scary fly over state, there's some cool people here... sometimes.

The problem is they all leave, and I don't blame them really.

• Like 3

There is like a little crew of guys and girls that have made the trek out to LA within the past 5 years or so Andre being one of them. Andre is also like a local dude that everyone loves. When he was here he would put on shows and do his character videos. If you ever get a chance to dig into his youtube there's some pretty great stuff there.

Wait... I know an Andre from Cincinnati. Same guy?!?!

Untitled.jpg

• Like 2

everyone is walking on eggshells, unsure how to treat with mr kneis now that he is a famous celebriry

• Like 7

Was ist das?

Xyid56x.jpg

(P.S. loved Andy on the p-cast, nice to see good things for happening for any "And"-based named people)

• Like 4

I would love to collab with you guys.

the jordy cabrewing clip was a big success on the air btw...but i bomb on a segment right after the cabrewing segment so i'm too embarrassed to post the link on herrr.

jealous that you get to be a part of that scene. exploring record labels like lolipop, gnar tapes, and rubber brothers will probably put you on some gems as well. THIS was a funny week, where we play tons of gnar tapes bands (the first track is a joke...) http://www.newtownra...er-scout-62114/

i'd also like to collab. with forums homies. i'm working on a radio drama, but if anyone is ever bored on saturday morning and wants to call in to my radio show and crack jokes that would be fun. details on facebook for my facebook franz..

• Like 3

Even though we live in a scary fly over state, there's some cool people here... sometimes.

That's cool, I love stories about pockets of creativity in unexpected places where a bunch of people collaborate and all get big at the same time, like Wham City in Baltimore or Saddle Creek in Omaha. Next up is the fucking Hollywood Handbook forums! I'm calling it now!

There's also a cool punk scene going on in San Jose right now and if you like punk you should maybe check out my friends' band. They're going on tour and I also wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were really good - http://www.punknews.org/bands/hardgirls

• Like 6