🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 40 — Aubrey Plaza, Our Close Friend

Was ist das?

Xyid56x.jpg

(P.S. loved Andy on the p-cast, nice to see good things for happening for any "And"-based named people)

Insider scoop: that was a special sheet they sent to someone that had donated a large amount of money to the show.

Also no need to be nervous anyone! I'm still one of you. Feel free to treat me like you would an average B or even C list celebrity

• Like 9

Are you guys watching Big Brother? It's so fucking good this season. There are a ton of idiots and a ton of likeable people. And three guys have giant crushes on female houseguests, which is fun to watch.

What will Devin do if we don't vote the way he wants?

He's gonna throw a cow, man.

Fuck this show's good.

• Like 7

Way to Step Up 2: The Streets, Treese.

• Like 7

The problem is they all leave, and I don't blame them really.

That's cool, I love stories about pockets of creativity in unexpected places where a bunch of people collaborate and all get big at the same time, like Wham City in Baltimore or Saddle Creek in Omaha. Next up is the fucking Hollywood Handbook forums! I'm calling it now!

There's also a cool punk scene going on in San Jose right now and if you like punk you should maybe check out my friends' band. They're going on tour and I also wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were really good - http://www.punknews.org/bands/hardgirls

I think it's very cool as well. It's good to see that people are interested in nurturing new talent and building up new communities in the places they live rather than adding to the noise in the four or five cities that already dominate. I think this is really the way forward for most things and I hope that we see a more multi-centric cultural landscape in America. It extends beyond "creative industries" as well, although that isn't as sexy and involves fewer well-dressed upper middle class millennials engaged in "quirky" or "offbeat" pursuits/companies competing over MIT grads, so it gets far less airtime despite being far more economically significant for the places it's taking place in. Also, it would be nice if people (especially young people) felt like there was a future (let alone a bright one) for them (creatively, professionally, entrepreneurially, educationally, etc) in the place where they grew up... Or on their favorite forums as the case may be.

• Like 7

That's cool, I love stories about pockets of creativity in unexpected places where a bunch of people collaborate and all get big at the same time, like Wham City in Baltimore or Saddle Creek in Omaha. Next up is the fucking Hollywood Handbook forums! I'm calling it now!

There's also a cool punk scene going on in San Jose right now and if you like punk you should maybe check out my friends' band. They're going on tour and I also wouldn't recommend them if I didn't think they were really good - http://www.punknews.org/bands/hardgirls

this is great. i'm very into punk. like TOO into punk. i used to live with honor titus (cerebral ballzy) and big ups are like bffs or whatevr.

this video is the shit because its a mashup of clips from animal chin -- the best sk8 vid of all time. and here's this one

kk i'm done for the week. please don't waste a like on this bullshit post.

• Like 4

i heard a guess it was related to weird al's album and that seems like a good bet to me

• Like 6

http://genuinehorror.tumblr.com/post/34307984430/the-best-weird-al-songs

Here, let me help you out, Game of Scones. This is a list I made of my favorite Weird Al songs. I think "Good Old Days", "You Don't Love Me Anymore", and "Everything You Know is Wrong" are my favorite favorites.

After listening to a few, if you still don't like Weird Al, you can just see yourself out of the forums. Thanks. <3

• Like 4

I think it's very cool as well. It's good to see that people are interested in nurturing new talent and building up new communities in the places they live rather than adding to the noise in the four or five cities that already dominate. I think this is really the way forward for most things and I hope that we see a more multi-centric cultural landscape in America. It extends beyond "creative industries" as well, although that isn't as sexy and involves fewer well-dressed upper middle class millennials engaged in "quirky" or "offbeat" pursuits/companies competing over MIT grads, so it gets far less airtime despite being far more economically significant for the places it's taking place in. Also, it would be nice if people (especially young people) felt like there was a future (let alone a bright one) for them (creatively, professionally, entrepreneurially, educationally, etc) in the place where they grew up... Or on their favorite forums as the case may be.

Chanson, I probably don't say it enough.

But you're actually a really fucking cool dude.

hope to come to Seattle some day

• Like 3

this is great. i'm very into punk. like TOO into punk. i used to live with honor titus (cerebral ballzy) and big ups are like bffs or whatevr.

this video is the shit because its a mashup of clips from animal chin -- the best sk8 vid of all time. and here's this one

kk i'm done for the week. please don't waste a like on this bullshit post.

1. you used to live with dude from cerebral ballzy!?!?! Holy shit we need to be friends like fast.

2. Animal chin is probably the best skate vid. I'm more of a 'video days' kind of guy but I get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Rx4gbMN08

2a. Sho Sho bro, you are awesome.

3. I would normally never do this because I don't know if this music is "good" or "bad" but yeah.

pack of strays... this was once a thing...

http://packofstrays.bandcamp.com/

• Like 3

Chanson, I probably don't say it enough.

But you're actually a really fucking cool dude.

hope to come to Seattle some day

Thanks, man. I feel the same way.

PS - Awwwwwwwww

• Like 5

Cogent points all around, I agree with most of what's been said. At this point I am using my job (man whore) as a means to get by while I work on the things that I love to do until I can figure out a way to create a job that is doing those things. I'm hopeful that I will succeed.

In other news, I have been rewatching late 80's early 90's movies. After watching 'Encino Man' I have decided that it would be a good idea and cool social experiment to bring back Pauly Shore catchphrases, bud-dy. I will blend them into average conversations colloquially and track their progression through society. so look forward to 'weezin the juice', spooky wolf howls, scary weasel sounds, and adding 'age' as a suffix to any word you wish to emphasize, coming to your townage soon.

p.s. there should be more talk about how cool of a guy I am, just a suggestion...

• Like 7

Cogent points all around, I agree with most of what's been said. At this point I am using my job (man whore) as a means to get by while I work on the things that I love to do until I can figure out a way to create a job that is doing those things. I'm hopeful that I will succeed.

In other news, I have been rewatching late 80's early 90's movies. After watching 'Encino Man' I have decided that it would be a good idea and cool social experiment to bring back Pauly Shore catchphrases, bud-dy. I will blend them into average conversations colloquially and track their progression through society. so look forward to 'weezin the juice', spooky wolf howls, scary weasel sounds, and adding 'age' as a suffix to any word you wish to emphasize, coming to your townage soon.

p.s. there should be more talk about how cool of a guy I am, just a suggestion...

RAD MOBILE!

• Like 2

1. you used to live with dude from cerebral ballzy!?!?! Holy shit we need to be friends like fast.

2. Animal chin is probably the best skate vid. I'm more of a 'video days' kind of guy but I get it.

https://www.youtube....h?v=K4Rx4gbMN08

2a. Sho Sho bro, you are awesome.

3. I would normally never do this because I don't know if this music is "good" or "bad" but yeah.

pack of strays... this was once a thing...

http://packofstrays.bandcamp.com/

A). this is really good burdrulz. i added the first 3 tracks to the lo-fi lunch rotation at the radio station so they'll get played sporadically in the afternoons for the next few months :)/>.

B)/>. i had 'video days' on vhs.

C) based on precious conversations we've had about music, i think you'd dig this compilation -- specifically track 17 'growing up is really hard to do.' http://gnartapes.ban...album/gnar-fm-2

D) the honor thing was a total craigslist coincidence when i was 20 but he's tight with the so so glos/titus andronicus crew so i see him at shows all the time and we'll shoot the shit over a cigarette or whatever but that's pretty much the extent of the relationship. he's one of those dudes that never breaks character...

E) Thelonius Junk is probly the second coolest person on these boards after gnarly riffs and he's been doing a new character lately that I really dig. Also, my favorite encino man quote is "you see my girlfriend over there?? you see her?? DONT LOOK AT HER MAAAAAN!"

F) I've made a few bedroom records this year but i'm too shy to post them. Facebook friends might see me release a rattlesnake country record in the next month or so. I released a rap record a few years ago that I still think is kinda cool and you can check it out here if u wants... http://wino.bandcamp.com/ ps. the line about snorting my dad's ashes was written long before earl came out with doris btw..

G) RLLY sorry for hijacking the forums this week -- I feel like they're not as funny when everyone is talking about music instead of making funny good jokes all the time.

love charlie.

EDIT: i'm a big weird al fan and i do a bit on my show where we interview a band with the song 'Albuquerque' playing in the background and every time they start to answer a question we interrupt them by saying 'wait a sec, this is my favorite part and then ride up the wierd al...' sometimes its really awkward and the bands get pissed.. the interview starts at the 6 minute mark but there are also a few live performances from a cool band in this file >> https://soundcloud.c...art-feat-washer SRRY 4 all the shameless plugs but i feel like we're all friends..

• Like 6

I love seeing the men on here be so nice and supportive to each other. Rarely see that irl-- b/c god forbid someone may think you appreciate things about your peers in a nonsexual unassuming way....

• Like 10

I love seeing the men on here be so nice and supportive to each other. Rarely see that irl-- b/c god forbid someone may think you appreciate things about your peers in a nonsexual unassuming way....

unassuming? ur kinda assuming we are not homosexuals who are totally sexually interested in each other. bMOREpcPLZ

• Like 8

unassuming? ur kinda assuming we are not homosexuals who are totally sexually interested in each other. bMOREpcPLZ

Yea and ur kinda assuming I haven't Facebook stalked each and every one of the individuals engaged in the bro sesh taking place above this post. Trust me, I'm up to date on their sexual prefs! B)

• Like 9

tiger scout - 6-21-14

5 minutes in. "we're tied for most abs in a 6 pack"

loved it, chuckled hard.

I am currently trying to edit Chandler and Monica's faces off from a scene of friends.

It's not easy!

i would kiss every bro in here on the mouth, in a very nonsexual way

• Like 6

but highly sensually to be sure

• Like 4

Yea and ur kinda assuming I haven't Facebook stalked each and every one of the individuals engaged in the bro sesh taking place above this post. Trust me, I'm up to date on their sexual prefs! B)

My sexual Pref is like, babbeeeeessssss with the biggest buttz and bewbzzzzz

(this is tasteless I'm sorry Freja, I try to imagine that I have more respect for women irl)

• Like 6

There is a lot of crazy information getting shared here. I have a feeling it will all be brought up later. Don't think I'm not (Magic the) Gathering all this info.

• Like 1