🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 141.5 — Bonus: Best of Vol. 5: The Nasty Hits

All the way from shitting robots to smegma cheese shops and beyond! It’s the bonus best of improv4humans with Matt Besser aka the nasty hits featuring Ian Roberts, Lauren Lapkus, Joe Wengert, Tim Meadows, Charlie Sanders, Betsy Sodaro, John Gemberling, Stephanie Allynne, Dan Lippert, Mookie Blaiklock, Dan Klein, Paul Rust, Neil Campbell, Seth Morris, Chris Gethard, Owen Burke, Mary Holland, and Erin Whitehead. Warning: Things will get dirty fast. Make sure to get the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, Matt Besser’s new comedy album at mattbesser.com, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

• Like 1

This is a pleasant surprise. I must admit I was a bit disappointed that non-descript hole didn't make the best of ep. For me "who other better to know" and Stephanie giving 'anus hole' so many intonations makes this scene hall of fame level funny for me. Glad it made it into the best of.

'What's wrong with drugstore sushi' sounds like the title of a depressing new country song. I totally loved Lauren as the unlawyer robot too.

Funny stuff, thanks.

• Like 4

This feels like even more best of than the actual Vol 5. Non-Descript has to be my #3 all time favorite I4H skit, after Tom Petty's Beard and Atlantis. Who other better to know indeed.

An honest mistake (Bachelor Brothers, babe), but that line was from Neil Campbell.

• Like 5

Both episodes were fantastic. Port a potty sushi is my favorite of the year so far.

Best of vol 6 soon please. I nominate Toothbrush Tommy and the bowel lumberjack strike.

"Who other better to know" and "quid poe crow" are two phrases I wish I could reference in everyday conversation, but never has the opportunity come up.

Anyway, this Bonus Best Of is fantastic. Some classic scenes!

The Porta Potty Sushi sketch is even funnier the second time!

"Welcome to the cheese shop, can I help you?"

"No you can't. I didn't mean to walk in here"

Still my favorite thing that's ever happened on this show. I am totally feeling Lauren on that and the palpable disgust in her voice through the whole forced scene is just the best thing in the whole world.

• Like 9

"Welcome to the cheese shop, can I help you?"

"No you can't. I didn't mean to walk in here"

Still my favorite thing that's ever happened on this show. I am totally feeling Lauren on that and the palpable disgust in her voice through the whole forced scene is just the best thing in the whole world.

Agreed! So funny to launch into a scene after an improvisor expresses such a visceral distaste for the subject matter. Matt did the same thing with Jessica St. Clair and Silence of the Lambs, and it's a great comedic instinct.

• Like 1

Agreed! So funny to launch into a scene after an improvisor expresses such a visceral distaste for the subject matter. Matt did the same thing with Jessica St. Clair and Silence of the Lambs, and it's a great comedic instinct.

Both were amazing. I loved Jessica warning Matt, Lennon and Jason that she would stop the scene the second she felt freaked out - all while still technically in the scene.

• Like 2

I was really curious to know what disgusting thing they were talking about in the cheese scene with Lapkus, but her utter disgust tells me I am probably better off not knowing.

'What's wrong with drugstore sushi' sounds like the title of a depressing new country song.

What’s wrong with drugstore sushi?

What’s wrong with cheap champagne?

The finer things may cost more money

If you ask me it’s all the same

Walgreens may be a drugstore

With top-shelf pharmacists

Doesn’t mean I can’t trust them

With my fresh-water fish

Dimetapp’s on sale

So is VO5 shampoo

I’ll take this knock-off bubbly

It’s ten dollars for two

Annnnnnddddd

If you ask me, darlin’, it’s all the saaaammmmmeeee

• Like 4

If you ask me it’s all the same

Walgreens may be a drugstore

With top-shelf pharmacists

Doesn’t mean I can’t trust them

With my fresh-water fish

Dimetapp’s on sale

So is VO5 shampoo

I’ll take this knock-off bubbly

It’s ten dollars for two

Annnnnnddddd

If you ask me, darlin’, it’s all the saaaammmmmeeee

Going to put some chords to this bad boy this evening Veebs

• Like 2

For me "who other better to know" and Stephanie giving 'anus hole' so many intonations makes this scene hall of fame level funny for me.

"Who other better to know" had me wheezing. I had to stay in my car after arriving at work so that I could try to compose myself. .

This was great, the Anushole sketch had me in stitches. That video was pretty hard to listen to though, makes me embarrassed to be Australian.

I knew a lot of art school kids when I was younger. These kinds of self-important gross-out performance artists are the worst. There was one insufferable narcissistic chick who some of my friends knew who sat in a gallery whilst people spit on her. Calling this stuff art is offensive to real artists who take pride in their discipline and create beautiful work. It just gives talentless people who want attention what they want in my opinion.

"I don't like being this close to death...or handjobs" -Betsy Sodaro

(ETA - whoops wrong thread)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this