🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 10 — Fuego

Aw fuck. Went to his Facebook and saw the reports. This is such a shame. I wish he had been able to overcome his drug problem. Rest in peace, Twittels.

I feel so pathetic, but dude was so talented and hysterical. I've yet to be this upset by a media figure dying.

I'm not okay knowing this is the last time I am going to hear Wittels on this podcast. So upset right now, RIP Wittels.

Is this for real because I kinda want to cry but am like "Is this another joke?*" but I get alerts every time Kumail Tweets and then went on Twitter and saw Adomian in my feed saying the same thing and wtf no. Sorry for the insane run-on but Harris was fucking hilarious and one of my favorite podcast guests ever and he was so young...

*There was a RIP Harris joke a while back, right? Or am I imagining it? THIS IS WHY I HATE RIP "JOKES"!

I was on Twitter, and thought someone was saying RIP Harris as a bit. Then I scrolled down a little more and saw some more. Looked it up elsewhere to find out it was not a gag.

I feel really terrible right now.

• Like 1

I was on Twitter, and thought someone was saying RIP Harris as a bit. Then I scrolled down a little more and saw some more. Looked it up elsewhere to find out it was not a gag.

I feel really terrible right now.

Repeating myself, but I can't stress it enough: this is exactly why I fucking HATE RIP jokes -- especially considering it was made public that he struggled with drugs. There will never be another Farts and Procreation or Analyze Phish or Foam Corner. There will never be another Harris Wittels. Such a talented man lost far too soon. Don't do drugs, kids.

• Like 3

I was shocked to read the news of his death and feeling very sad right now.

Rest in peace Harris. God damn why do the good ones have to go so fast.

• Like 1

No words...

This sucks. RIP Harris,you brought joy to a lot of people.

• Like 2

Harris was a gorgeous beautiful person who saw things in ways that are so truthfully abstact that my mind would break laughing at his thoughts. His voice, views, and thoughts will be missed, he was one of my favorite Earwolf regulars.

Scott's character in this episode now... well it makes this a hard episode to listen to. But Harris was always there to be good to his friends and audience and make jokes for all of them, that will be his real legacy as a comdian and a writer.

• Like 11

Harris is jammin' out to a never-ending Phish concert up in the cosmos right now.

RIP Harris. You were a stone cold chiller. First story I looked at today, randomly came across an obituary with Harris' name, and my heart sank. I had spent the previous several days listening to episodes of U Talkin U2 To Me and Analyze Phish, and just never got tired of Harris' unique humor. No more Foam. I knew the only place to come to be with other folks who could understand how funny and special he was is the Earwolf forums. He'll always live on in the pods we have to enjoy on repeat.

• Like 2

This seems as good a place as any for this. Check out the shirt Phish's own Mike Gordon is wearing:

• Like 1

I just posted this in another thread, but it seems like "as good a place as any" to repeat it, just so folks know:

They also opened the show with "Tube", which is the first Phish song Harris ever saw live.

Who says an internet petition never did any good?

I have to admit, this all gave me some moderately intense warm-and-fuzzies.

I hope this news gets to Scott and others in the Earwolf family. I'd tweet Scott, but I don't know how attentive he is to his (random) mentions.

(Edit: By the way, I now own a handful of Phish albums, and I'm seeing Phish live for the first time in a few days, mostly thanks to Analyze Phish.)

• Like 1