🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 10 — Fuego

Harris Wittels & Scott Aukerman are back to take a journey through Phish’s latest album “Fuego” with the help of special guest Mike Hanford of The Birthday Boys. What is Mike’s history with Phish? Will Scott’s opinion of Phish change? Who is the chillest? Tune in to find out!

• Like 1

The only thing I have to say after listening to this is "The Line"

• Like 4

A pubeless Harris was getting Mr. Bojangles at 12 years old.

No joke here, I just wanted to see what that sentence looked looked like in printed form.

• Like 10

Can anyone explain how I found Harris' joke about not liking Larry Bird so funny? It really feels like it was not a good joke at all, but I laughed so much I worried my ass could become detached from my body.

Also, I can't believe that when Harris mentioned the most controversial song on the album, he and Scott missed Mike's brilliant 'Cop Killer?' suggestion completely.

• Like 6

I need Scott to drop everything else in his career and do music discussion podcasts with punny titles full time

• Like 14

I was totally on Harris's side during that bicker-fest. The endless riffing and nit-picking has to stop somewhere, I think Scott was taking it a bit too far for his own amusement without adding much substance to the ep. Sure it's funny at times... but this aint no "U Talking U2 to me" as Harris said. Maybe it's just me but for me, Earwolf shows are a bit more fun to listen to when they have at least some basic structure around the comedy - with the exception of CBB itself (but actually Would You Rather is usually a highlight for me, so there you go).

Scott laughing so hard at his own concept of a one-sided Cheeto was my favorite part of this episode.

Also, I cannot believe this podcast started almost three years ago. How the time flies!

• Like 6

"So, he did it for his health. The Steve Brule special"

thDrSteveBrule.gif

I'm only 4 minutes into the show but i had to comment already because scottabots ability to make a reference or a weird pun completely unnoticed is just wonderful to me

• Like 9

Why must Phish have such simplistic, obvious lyrics? I came close to liking some of the new songs, but their lyrics are SO BAD. Freshman in high school poetry type stuff

• Like 8

"So, he did it for his health. The Steve Brule special"

thDrSteveBrule.gif

I'm only 4 minutes into the show but i had to comment already because scottabots ability to make a reference or a weird pun completely unnoticed is just wonderful to me

Came here to post this exact same thing. YOU WIN THIS TIME

• Like 2

The only thing I have to say after listening to this is "The Line"

...the Witch & the Wardrobe?

honestly, this is the first episode that actually made me want to listen to Phish... the jam from the first song was amazing and even the wombat song kind of had me interested (if not just to see the Fish TV show... you know, with Abe Vigoda)

• Like 6

I kinda need a hidden camera video of Harris Mike and Scott having a pajama sleepover whilst listening to phish all night and doing foam corners.. i loved this episode but i knew i would from the start haha phish just makes me laugh i dont hate anyone that likes it.. it just seems like a joke the way its sung is kinda odd to me..

"its primus" hahah huzzah

Even managed to squeeze in a "technicality no down boo over" 1:18 in. Impressive.

Phish are a really lousy band though.

• Like 3

I dated a girl for two years who is a tremendously huge Phish fan, and I hate Phish with a fiery passion (en fuego, even!), but I actually kind of enjoyed some of the music on this album. It's a cognitive dissonance that may break me in two.

Also Scott and Harris fighting makes me chest tighten, like they're my parents or something. Even when it's funny. DON'T BREAK UP YOU GUYS!

EDIT: I would also like to get in my PJs and fight a pillow with all of you.

• Like 5