🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 10 — Fuego

Even managed to squeeze in a "technicality no down boo over" 1:18 in.

Add 3 hours, 2 minutes to that, and you got somethin'.

• Like 9

Add 3 hours, 2 minutes to that, and you got somethin'.

I was sure Scott would call back to that when Mike said near the end that they had started at 3:20.

Favorite goofy Choctaw joke of the show - "I've heard of 'six feet under', but 'ten feet over'?!"

I also loved that the first thing Scott said while listening to the album was "Uh oh." It's really funny how every song or part of a song that's pretty good and that Scott likes is immediately identifiable as being derivative of another band.

• Like 6

"when can we get a podcast dedicated only to Scott doing his Bruce impersonation?"

It's called "Cake, Boss," and we've been begging for it in the UTU22M threads FOREVER

• Like 7

Another fantastic episode of the best podcast of all-time. I have to admit though that the bickering between Scott and Harris was a little uncomfortable toward the end, as if they were genuinely annoyed at each other. It made for entertaining listening though.

Glad to hear Harris is still doing well! It takes a lot of guts to be as open as he has been on the last two podcasts.

• Like 3

A gnarly, nasty, tasty ep.

I loved that Mike still said "indeed" when speaking of Ducky Powell out of character.

• Like 7

Could someone be a true bro (or lady bro) and edit this ep so there's no music in it? The parts where they talk over the music are ok. thanks!

• Like 1

I was totally on Harris's side during that bicker-fest. The endless riffing and nit-picking has to stop somewhere, I think Scott was taking it a bit too far for his own amusement without adding much substance to the ep. Sure it's funny at times... but this aint no "U Talking U2 to me" as Harris said. Maybe it's just me but for me, Earwolf shows are a bit more fun to listen to when they have at least some basic structure around the comedy - with the exception of CBB itself (but actually Would You Rather is usually a highlight for me, so there you go).

tumblr_inline_mrjz3rcfX71qz4rgp.gif

• Like 6

Why must Phish have such simplistic, obvious lyrics? I came close to liking some of the new songs, but their lyrics are SO BAD. Freshman in high school poetry type stuff
I feel the same way, these were my favorite songs I've heard by Phish but then the horrible lyrics and even worse voices start and I'm out!
  • Like 2

This is my (sloppy) visual interpretation of Scott's podcast where he interviews Harris' exes. (I assume Harris and Adam once dated.)

tumblr_n8ju33nI5J1tgixexo1_500.jpg

• Like 5

At one point in this ep Scott asked Harris if he ever apologizes to anyone.

Ummmm, how about to everyone at the beginning of every episode of this podcast?

• Like 5

I thought pretty much all of the songs were okay. I could hear these songs at a concert and not want to kill myself, which I really didn't think would ever be possible with Phish. The rap song though.. honestly, was that a night terror I had? Even that song though is so hilariously bad that I would enjoy hearing it again.

The piano player or whoever sounds like Weird Al.

I love how open Harris is. I really love him. He's a very special person and he's funny in a really unique way. He's sincere, self-deprecating, and deprecating of others (I don't know if that makes sense, but I know you know what I mean). Even his book is just his comments about others' tweets and the things he says are brilliant and laugh out loud funny. Sorry, dudes, I just really like feelings and I like to feel them about Harris.

• Like 6

I thought pretty much all of the songs were okay. I could hear these songs at a concert and not want to kill myself, which I really didn't think would ever be possible with Phish. The rap song though.. honestly, was that a night terror I had? Even that song though is so hilariously bad that I would enjoy hearing it again.

I love how open Harris is. I really love him. He's a very special person and he's funny in a really unique way. He's sincere, self-deprecating, and deprecating of others (I don't know if that makes sense, but I know you know what I mean). Even his book is just his comments about others' tweets and the things he says are brilliant and laugh out loud funny. Sorry, dudes, I just really like feelings and I like to feel them about Harris.

I know that feel bro.

• Like 2

OMG I THOUGHT THIS TOO. Thank you so much for validating that weird thought I had

• Like 3

I don't listen to this podcast because I like Phish, I listen because I like the Auckiman, and the Wittler.

PS: Thank you for the better than Ezra jokes, instantly reminded of the Weekend Update with Norm McDonald? I think it was Norm.

Number one on the pop charts today, Better Than Ezra, number two? Ezra.

• Like 3

Number Nine. The Witch and the Wardrobe.

I think I enjoyed more of the music in this ep. than in any other. Still probably not enough to actually buy the album, but I did like it. Scott seemed to enjoy a pretty good portion of it too, so that was nice. Though I was surprised he went with the RATM/Linkin Park comparison on that one song when, to me, it sounded exactly like RHCP's "What I got, you got to get and put it in you."

Anyway, it's really cool when Harris opens up about his substance abuse problem. I'm glad he got through that period of his life without seeming to have lost too much besides that girlfriend he mentioned. He's still funny as hell, still loves Phish, and still a chiller. Good for him, and for us.

when can we get a podcast dedicated only to Scott doing his Bruce impersonation?

Was this the one comment you needed to make a profile for?

Since listening to this episode and going "Mmm, ok" to one of the songs played, I have now listened to "Waiting" some 20-odd times. First time I've heard anything not generally awful played on the show, surprised that Scott disliked it as it played.

What a brilliant episode though, was like having both AP and UTU2TM back again in a nice two hour jam sesh.

I'm so chill, let's have a competition to decide who's more chill. I'll totally win because I'm so chill.

• Like 1