🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tsdcs

Left Behind: World at War (2005)

Just finished watching this on Netflix (whole movie is also on YouTube). This is...curious.

I'm not coming at this from the perspective of some crazy militant atheist who needs to take a dump on anything that seems remotely Christian or whatever. But this movie... This movie.

Lou Gosset Jr. plays the president. OK, makes enough sense. His name is Gerald Fitzhugh, which makes less sense, but whatever.

This is a movie where the President goes on like...spy missions and shit. It's weird. He seems to have almost no secret service protection after the first 10 minutes, it's weird. But I have to say...not a bad movie, aesthetically? It looks like they had a pretty decent budget. And despite the fact that the plot gets increasingly absurd over the course of the film, it's otherwise well-executed.

...there are a few shitty performances. Lead villain has a shitty Russian accent, because whoever made that decision was alive in the 1980s and also wasn't very creative. But it turns out he's supposed to be Romanian, so...? I guess that is less terrible. And there's a woman who...well, she seems like a very nice woman in real life. But her performance is....eh...you'll know her when you see her.

Anyway, will watch Left Behind II: Tribulation Force (real title) when I can. Hopefully it will be at least equally entertaining.

Trailer:

I created an account just to say they have to watch this movie! 3% on Rotten Tomatoes AND Nicolas Cage!

They could also watch the first one with Kirk Cameron, that's also pretty bad.

Ugh. I have a good amount of southern, Republican, End of the world fearing family members who not only read ( and believe) every single one of the books those are based on ( I want to say there are at least 5 or 6 of them?) but own all the movies. I was made to read the teen versions (Yes they have a teen version that follows a group of teenagers) when I was 14.

I would be scared for their lives if they made fun of these movies.

The new one with Nic Cage (Which is not this movie) is absolutely fair game since everyone who loved the books and the original movies HATE that version.

Sign in to follow this