🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

i really liked the part where he finally got to eat the tuna noodle casserole & also the "no. my death did" line & also all the rest of it.

i'm a huge fan of the kind of tv station idea or w/e because i cant think of anything i'd find funnier or more fun to write than an over blown 80s A-Team style action show with a bunch of dumbass jokes like in the comedy podcast mike detective.

• Like 2

I'm working on a fun idea that's kind of an x-files type procedural script. Based on two detectives, spooky stuff happens, funny stuff happens. I'll probably have something to post in the next few days.

Also, I've been listening to old radio dramas to get a feel for the medium. The old superman serial is pretty fun.

• Like 2

i really liked the part where he finally got to eat the tuna noodle casserole & also the "no. my death did" line & also all the rest of it.

i'm a huge fan of the kind of tv station idea or w/e because i cant think of anything i'd find funnier or more fun to write than an over blown 80s A-Team style action show with a bunch of dumbass jokes like in the comedy podcast mike detective.

ive actually been thinking about that a little too, sounds perfect

i have too many ideas, i need to stop messing around and get to work

• Like 2

http://www.scribd.co...4413/Ghost-John

It's super long and I'm sorry about that, but I figured we'd want them to be around normal show length so I guess I'm not sorry? Women, am I right?

I used Joe Wengert as my muse for Ghost John. He's pretty much always the meaning in my life (he's my inspiration).

seems like a good length to me. funny stuff. my fave was the tests for getting in to heaven, thats a funny concept. i wouldnt mind hearing another couple silly ones of those

• Like 2

welp i was just about to start writing when i saw weird al was on NNF, i am dumb as sh*t but procrastination is so easy

• Like 3

VB, currently reading through and something I notice is that:

Good to know that even as a ghost

you’re constantly making jokes.

is *really* close to iambic pentameter. Any chance you could add a syllable here and there to make it so? Perhaps something like:

Good to know that even as a ghostman

Your constant joking nature lives fore'er

That's pretty good, right?

EDIT1: "Shut up and get that ghost dick over here." that's a t-shirt right there.

EDIT2: Just finished. That's seriously good. You're a really good writer, VB. I was giggling here at my desk.

• Like 3

love it vb.

very clever. i was laughing and it was making my thinking glasses all foggy..i think it's a great length--so are you gonna record it?? lets make a demo.

• Like 2

Aww, now I feel all special. I love you guys.

How do you think we should go about recording it? I only have a Flip camera, because Oprah acted like those were going to be very popular. I'll edit the script a bit too before we record something.

• Like 1

i would just record the audio to garageband or if ur rocking a pc there's freeware called audacity you can download. have each character record to a separate track w/no effects on it.

Sorry, I was gone all weekend so I didn't have a chance to do anything.

A couple things:

We need to come up with a name for our collective group. I wrote "The Forum" in my script because I wanted something there, but I figured we'd discuss what to actually call it before recording. It seems like "Forum" might already be in use by quite a few other things, so we probably want to think of something somewhat specific and/or unusual.

You guys have to think about who might want to be the other characters (Ghost John, Leslie's mom, Leslie's date, the narrator).

When recording the audio, should I pause a while in between each chunk of dialogue to leave room for the other character's lines? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I just don't know how the tracks get edited so I don't want to mess anything up.

High-quality microphone? Tim Treese, you think I'm made of money? Also does anyone know about microphones or what a high-quality one would be?

I have this.

Blue_Snowball_USB_Condenser_Microphone.jpg

I'm sure by Hollywood standards the quality is low because it only cost like 50 bones.

But maybe this is just me, but for me, this works fine when I podcast.

• Like 1

regarding what to call ourselves, i was thinking just call it podcast television network with individual credit given to everyone who worked on the episode at the end.

i was also thinking it would be good to have someone do the "station announcer" every show saying like "You're watching PTN, the Podcast Television Network. Tune in tonight for the PTN Movie of the Week, Chairman of the Board, starring the hilarious Carrot Top. But for now, here comes Ghost John!" and have the audio cut in on a channel-changing type sound and then that announcer in the middle of a word so you get the "oh i just changed the channel and got this" type of vibe.

also also also i am writing RIGHT NOW pls pray for me

• Like 3

have the audio cut in on a channel-changing type sound and then that announcer in the middle of a word so you get the "oh i just changed the channel and got this" type of vibe.

to b clear i meant this would go before the announcer's stuff, not between it and the 'show'

• Like 2

got my ep together, hurray! i will look for typos and stuff and then post it tomorrow

• Like 2

i dont think any high quality mics will be needed 'til episode 2. but tim if you want to buy us some mics i want a matched pair of dpa 4011s

@bozos blue mics are solid. those guys repaired neumman capsules for 20 years before they started building their own mics.

to be honest, i think everyone should just use the built in mic in their computer (for the first ep.) that way, it will be easier to make it sound like we're in the same room...

or it could be funny if there were like two completely different timbres and room tones for each character and one character like always has an ambulance in the background and another character has a smoke alarm that keeps beeping and a talking microwave that's always chiming in.

leave space i guess, but don't stress about anything -- i'll figure it out if you guys still want me to edit it and add some funny music and probably a square space ad or something.

• Like 3

http://www.scribd.com/doc/234805146/Raise-the-Stakes

i done done it now

I dropped the late night talk show for now, i felt like i needed one more thing to make it great but haven't come up with it yet, so I switched gears to this game show thing instead.

i'm COMPLETELY open to notes and punch-ups and any ideas anyone has, i would love for it to be as good as it can be!

if this seems too demanding on you shosho let me know, but ideally i'd like you to totally todd-glass-it out and go nuts with the audience reactions to everything

if you dont have anything that sounds game-showy i'd say we should just 'borrow' one/some from 70s game shows.

• Like 4

also Fred Walsh will be reappearing as the announcer on Night Night whenever i get back to that idea.

• Like 1

http://www.scribd.com/doc/234805146/Raise-the-Stakes i done done it now I dropped the late night talk show for now, i felt like i needed one more thing to make it great but haven't come up with it yet, so I switched gears to this game show thing instead. i'm COMPLETELY open to notes and punch-ups and any ideas anyone has, i would love for it to be as good as it can be! if this seems too demanding on you shosho let me know, but ideally i'd like you to totally todd-glass-it out and go nuts with the audience reactions to everything if you dont have anything that sounds game-showy i'd say we should just 'borrow' one/some from 70s game shows.

ahhhhh holy moly i like this a lot, greggy.

• Like 1

oh thank goodness, i thought with no one saying anything it was just bad :(

• Like 1

Seriously amazing, Greggy. I love it so much. I can't wait to listen to this one. I love how it's a mix of a bunch of different types of game shows. It's like Deal or No Deal, American Gladiator, and a bunch of crazy other stuff that is so, so, so funny. I love the commercials, I love the use of the phrase "Raise the stakes", I love the religious contestant and how it all turns out for him, I love the second contestant's experience in comparison, and I love the end. You go as far as you can with it and it is glorious. I'm gonna read it again right now!

• Like 2

wow, thank you so much val <3

• Like 1

i know we still have GHOST JOHN to work on, but i would like to request some folks for RAISE THE STAKES once we're ready to get started on that:

Dick Tweed: Bozos of Basketball

Jim Kennings: Showshowbro

Tip Swinden: Tim Treese (if he is willing to do it, i dont think he necessarily volunteered but i legit had his voice in my head while writing that character)

Fred Walsh i dont have anyone in mind for, so thats up for grabs

• Like 4