🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

also, i thought it might be kind of funny if someone quickly won a set of like Cutco knives or something right before Jim won Godhood and the next guy died.

• Like 3

i was actually thinking a totally normal run-through of the show first before going to the extremes, but i was thinking maybe that would be running it in to the ground some? BUT i could definitely put together something like that

also i thought i'd try to keep the number of characters down to make it easier to put together, originally the commercials were going to be separate things but i dropped them straight in for the same reason

still, i could put that in front, especially if you want to volunteer to play that character TKS ;P

also also i was thinking Andy Daly for Fred Walsh :v Dick Tweed was Chuck Woolery in my head the whole time tbh, as somewhat reflected in the name

• Like 2

i definitely get that. i kind of thought thats where it was going until Tip's game went the exact opposite way.

and now that i think about it, you're probably right. throwing in a guy just rolling the dice or getting interrogated just to get a basic prize would probably take up a bunch of time at the beginning and while it'd payoff later, would probably be pretty boring at the beginning. unless the show started in the middle and there was a quick throw away line like "so and so just won a blender" or whatever. but that might take away the whole premise of the show.

• Like 1

well on the other hand, if the beginning round has some jokes it will throw you off the scent of whats coming next...the idea in my head is that this game has too many rules and ways it can be played, so the first guy is kind of like that guy who memorized the light pattern on press your luck and won a million dollars or w/e, then the second guy sees that and tries to rip him off and it goes the other way for him because he doesnt have the knowledge

if the first round is dumb jokes+loud laugh tracks the second round being a guy becoming king of the world and then a lovecraftian god would probably hit harder

but it would be longer and require another character and possibly by round 3 listeners may be going "ok ok i get it"

• Like 2

i think im talking myself in to adding the extra scene :v

• Like 1

Greggy, you should be Fred Walsh. What are you thinking, dude? This is like if Matt Damon and Ben Affleck were like no, I don't wanna be in Good Will Hunting. It's ridiculous.

But then again maybe your voice is really dumb. How could I know that? I guess I should just trust you to make this decision.

• Like 1

i think that first round would be pretty funny initially, but the more i think about it the more i think that it kind of lessens the end.

if the rounds go from: Normal Gameshow Prize --> Godhood --> A Guy Dying, it sorta cheapens to payoff at the end. you shoot so quick from "normal" to "god" that anything after that is a little disappointment. but when you go from just "god" to "a guy dying" it's so quick that it's really funny.

i dont know if that really makes sense. i thought too much & now my head hurts

maybe if there was one funny really quick question and wrong answer for a third guest in between the two, that might, maybe, possibly be funny. i dont know anymore

greggy's voice sounds exactly like a mix between bobcat goldthwait & charles nelson reilly, which is to say it's perfect.

im afraid i might be a little mush-mouthy with that gross michigan accent but i will maybe give it a try, i was thinking i'd be more of a writer than a performer :wacko:

i get where you're coming from TKS but the way im seeing it is that as a listener, you turn this thing on, and oh, haha, its a parody of a game show sketch, the host is making dumb jokes and the contestant is winning silly prizes, thats funny. i guess its going on after that first guy, huh? all right, lets see....wait, what?

and then the following two take the name of the show and RAISE THE STAKES to opposite extremes.

i think i will write it up that way as a possible alternate and see how it works.

• Like 1

you're probably right. i'm looking at it after having read the whole dog goned thing, but coming into it, it'd probably be a good buildup for everything else. not to mention that if you go full cheesy game show, that's a opening for some really cheesey jokes, which i think we all can agree are the best.

also, i just want it to be known that i have a silky, smooth voice; the exact opposite of a mix between bobcat goldthwait & charles nelson reilly.

I'm really friggin' excited for this. Voicing Dick Tweed would be an absolute honor. Chip Gardner came to mind for me as well, especially during the parts where he is praising the contestant as ruler of the world it reminded me of Chip's Satan worship.

Chuck Woolery is a hero of mine. Did anyone else used to watch that show Lingo on GSN. It was incredible.

I'm ready to record the very moment the script is fully ready.

• Like 1

http://www.scribd.co...takes-Alternate

thought of a p good twist for the extra scene, let me know what you folks think. do we keep the extra round with the baseline game/throwing listeners off the scent, or stick to the shorter version?

• Like 1

actually after re-reading it i'm kind of leaning against adding it too, i do like the extra characterization it gives the host, but its a big road block when the script without it was just full speed ahead the whole way

• Like 1

trying to coax an entire story out of "nos420atu"...does the vampire smoke weed? does he only drink the blood of stoners? did legalized weed lead to mutant strains that make people vampires? all of the above?

• Like 3

he doesn't smoke weed.

...he sucks bud...

also, i've been a lil busy and haven't checked into this bad-boy for few days but this is pretty much what just happened when i read that i was nominated for the role of jim kennings

• Like 3

he doesn't smoke weed.

...he sucks bud...

also, i've been a lil busy and haven't checked into this bad-boy for few days but this is pretty much what just happened when i read that i was nominated for the role of jim kennings

lol

• Like 1

I finished editing the script for Ghost John: http://www.scribd.com/doc/235166092/Ghost-John-UPDATED-script

And recorded audio for Leslie:

I just put it on SoundCloud because I don't really understand Audacity at this point. I made the file available to download, so maybe that's good enough? If not, let me know. Also this recording isn't perfect. First of all, my computer is loud, second my boyfriend is cooking so at one point pots and pans are a-bangin', and I don't commit to a scream I'm supposed to do so I just kinda yelp. Also I mess up a line and say "Nope!" and redo it, so.. that's in there.

I just haven't had time alone to record this and I figured this was maybe okay for now? I can fix whatever later, or record it all over again, or leave more silence in between my lines or whatever the hell. Good first step though, right?

• Like 3

sultry tones

• Like 2

Everyone, my computer is all being like "I don't want to work anymore, fuck you" so that's why I haven't been updating you guys. My script for the first episode of "The Spooky Incident Detection Squad" will be posted soon. The first case they deal with is a rampaging pack of sewer wolves. It has twists, turns, and also some very friendly construction workers.

Edit: typo

• Like 2

Valerie, can Ghost John have a laugh track?

I don't know if that fits the tone of it? But I'm not against it for any real reason. I'm positive someone (probably me) will write a very cheesy sitcom like my Uncle Jesse one at some point and I think a laugh track would be a MUST in something like that.

Should I be suggesting people for the other roles? JeffreyParties, are you going to be Ghost John?

Also, feel free to record anything for your own scripts whenever you want. I don't mind if Greggy's script is completed before mine is.