🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

http://www.scribd.com/doc/235325655/Raise-the-Stakes-Final

there we go, i took one last sweep over it and tuned it up about as much as I can. if you're down to record a part, please do so, and figure out a way to get it to showshowbro. i'll see about doing the fred walsh part, though its hard to find a time when my family isnt being noisy AND where i wont be keeping them up, so if anyone else wants to volunteer speak up!

and im not sure if tim treese will be able to do a part during his travels, so i may need someone else to do Tip Swinden. i'll send him a message on facebook.

• Like 1

I think we should cast and then do a quick runthrough on Skype or Hangouts, just so that the characters are on the same page emotionally/energy-wise.

EDIT: BTW you guys both wrote really funny scripts. Y'all are talented!

• Like 2

im down for that and will try to make myself available, i will have to install whichever one we decide on tho

• Like 1

we doing some stuff in here, join the fun

• Like 2

i'm gonna be on a fish trip 4 tha next week but maybe i can whittle some internet with my biceps

so yaya lemme know about a hangout or whatev -- 'cause that's probs a good idea.

or if everyone energy/delivery is COMPLETELY different and contrasting it could make it funnier...

ok i got skype installed again, my name is crefl0 . i'm going to try to come up with another script or two coming up soon. i've got some deece ideas percolating. hit me up and we can do some script chat or just toss ideas around, i will try to remember to turn skype off when i am unavailable :v

i tend to do stuff with the sound off on my pc so i might not notice a call right away so this may be worthless but what the heck

• Like 2

Hi Hi,

I know we had planned to g-skype or hang-dong with eachother before recording but the mrs. is out with the gals tonight so I figured I'd be ambitious and record and worst case scenario I get to have fun and record this part again. So here are links to my two attempts at Dick Tweed for Raise the Stakes. I think attempt two is considerably better, but I don't know nothin'. I have .wav files I can send to whoever as well. Links:

Dick Tweed 1: https://soundcloud.com/bozos-of-basketball/raise-the-stakes-1

Dick Tweed 2: https://soundcloud.com/bozos-of-basketball/raise-the-stakes-2

Also, peek behind the curtain. This was my browser while recording. Also tried to look up "Hie to Kolob" but I'm still clueless as Silverstone.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

hie to kolob is a real 1%er of a mormon theology joke...kolob in mormon theology is the closest planet in the universe to heaven and so heaven is a real location somewhere you could like fly a rocket ship to....this sounds really crazy to outside folks who dont have anything invested in the whole thing so it is not usually mentioned at all. there is a mormon hymn called "If you could hie to Kolob" that is basically never actually sung, but it means to go quickly there in ye olde 1800s english

sometimes mormon people say this thing to each other but it is very insider-y and kind of jokey

if you still dont get it thats ok, someone somewhere will hear you say this and go "lol' and everyone else will hear it and go "wtf"

or we can cut it

eta: btw pronunciation would be like "High to Ko-lob"

• Like 3

i do like number two btw, good work

• Like 2

blah, i tried to do my part tonight but i kept subconsciously being too quiet so i didnt wake anyone up, tomorrow i will marc maron it and take my wifes laptop out to the garage

• Like 2

here's the ol' podcast studio:

1bTr6Vo.jpg

i got like 10% through and then i had to take the laptop inside for a second to get online. when i went back out, everything was super staticy and awful and i couldnt figure out why, but i just soldiered through and recorded the other 90%. then i was all done and getting ready to bring everything back in, and i saw that my microphone hadnt been plugged in so i had been recording it all on the shitty laptop internal mic. SO i plugged the mic back in and redid it, but my voice was kind of worn out after basically yelling for an hour. if i sound a little worn out, that is why! i can try again but i think it turned out ok at least.

um earwolf i wanted that to be a link you silly goose

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ym7xeptcohn7jqh/rts.mp3

• Like 2

Now I am truly getting too big for my britches. VB was looking for a ghost john. Here is my audition. What can I say, I had free time tonight. I tried for Joe Wengurt but as I listen back, kinda feel like I ended up as Norm MacDonald wannabe.

Anyway, here it is VB:

https://soundcloud.c...ball/ghost-john

Bozos!!!!!!! Oh my god!!!!!!! Bozos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. You did such a good job, your performance is so fantastic and funny. Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! And I'd completely forgotten about that Joe Wengert character from that CBB ep. so thanks for reminding me of that little ray of sunshine too.

This is so exciting. Now we just gotta pay Freja to do the bitchy mom part and figure out who is the hunkiest stud of the forum to be Leslie's blind date.

• Like 1

You guys both sound perfect for your Raise the Stakes parts too. And, Greggy, how sincere you are when you read the ad copy is amazing. So, so funny. And, uh, super cool to know what Greggy sounds like.

You both have great voices, so congratulations on that.

• Like 2

Send me the file, Bozos. I'm trying to figure out how to use Audacity.

looks good to me

and shosho should be back in a couple days, so i am going to sit back and wait it out and let him worry about editing :v

(plus i need his and tim's parts still anywayz)

• Like 1

This is so exciting. Now we just gotta pay Freja to do the bitchy mom part

iirc this is an over the phone part, right? she could just do it on her phone if nothing else. or maybe agata could be talked in to it? tho that might be some kind of no-no with earwolf, who knows....or you could just pull a maria bamford and do an impression of your own mom :v

• Like 2