🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Bob Drillboids

HDTGM?-like Podcasts

Anyone have suggestions for other podcasts that involve hilarious people deconstructing bad TV or films? I've tried out Flop House and We Hate Movies and found them both rather underwhelming. Go Bayside! and It's That Episode are the only two that approach the heights of HDTGM?, in my opinion. But surely I'm missing out on some other brilliant ones. Please help!

• Like 1

I have hosted and published several podcast in the past. I'm currently looking for recruits to co-host / guest star on a new podcast about movies and tv. Would anyone like to join?No strings attached. If interested please send an email to Thisisjess@gmail.com

On the Nerdist network, there's James Bonding, which is Matts Mira and Gourely deconstructing the Bond movies.... They're bookending the series, so started with Dr. No, then Skyfall, then they'll eventually meet in the middle (For Your Eyes Only).

Currently up to The Man With The Golden Gun.

Paul Scheer is a guest on one.

Wham Bam Pow! is a decent podcast covering action/sci-fi films. They have a brief discussion each episode about a [somtimes] bad movie. Available from MaximumFun.org

I host a podcast called BROCAST and the last week of every month, we release an episode called "BROcast Presents" Movie Night: We've Made a Huge Mistake! We did 'LOL' back in January and had a lot of fun with it. Other movies we have tackled include: ED, Gangland, Rock of Ages, The Last Stand, Speed Racer, So Undercover (Miley Cyrus is a PI who works for the FBI), Dr. Giggles, Sharknado 2, and next week we are doing 2005's Stealth.

If you are interested, check us out on iTunes, YouTube, all podcast apps and at www.BROcastPodcast.com

On the Nerdist network, there's James Bonding, which is Matts Mira and Gourely deconstructing the Bond movies.... They're bookending the series, so started with Dr. No, then Skyfall, then they'll eventually meet in the middle (For Your Eyes Only).

Currently up to The Man With The Golden Gun.

Paul Scheer is a guest on one.

I love, love (((LOVE))) James Bonding! Can't recommend it enough.

• Like 3

The Flophouse podcast is the closest thing I'm aware of. A couple Daily Show writers, and their slightly inebriated friend watch films they suspect they will hate, and then "discuss" them. Generally the conversation sorta drifts into insanely hilarious unrelated tangents.

Read it and Weep. Reviews books/tv/movies. Not on HDTGM or Flophouse levels of comedy, but is usually pretty amusing.

James Bonding gets a huge plus. I really need to bump this entire thread of fantastic recommendations and mention The Flophouse again. It's the only podcast where 'Castle Freak ding-dong gate' could possibly exist and constantly recur. Also 'Port-holes' from the 'Old Dogs' ep.

Edit: I feel I need to amend this slightly, so people understand. 'Castle Freak ding-dong gate' emerged out of one of the hosts (Stuart) once forcibly mentioning, in reference to an off-topic tangent that was very weakly based on anything relevant to the movie being discussed, that it reminded him somehow of a (supposed) scene in Castle Freak where the titular Freak ripped his own little freak off for no reason. Elliot and Dan were flabbergast and for probably the only time in the history of this podcast there was a deafening silence. Elliot and Dan needle Stuart endlessly about this, and it comes up in the letterbag all the time as listeners chase down leads on Castle Freak edits that may feature a schlong-rend, and colorful interpretations of scenes that Stuart (somewhat of a lush of a film viewer) may have mis-read.

A HDTGM-esque podcast about bad movies that I love is called "FilmSack" on the Frogpants Network. It's four friends who watch a movie every week and then review it together. It's actually quite similar in format to HDTGM and since it's been going on since 2009, there are plenty of episodes in the archive to keep you listening before you'll ever catch up. And they mostly focus on movies that are streaming on Netflix so that more listeners have the ability to watch the movies their watching before the episode posts. They also occasionally do commentary tracks so you can watch along and listen to the commentary in real time, which is super fun too. It's hilarious and just a lot of fun.

Hey guys, long time HDTGM listener here. This is a little bit of self promotion, but I thought that folks over here might appreciate what we're doing. Our podcast is called Who Put This On? and it's focused on the complete insanity that is reality TV. Given how crazy that genre has become, we thought that it needed some examination.

Every week, we watch an episode (or two) from a new reality show and try to make some sense of it. We're pretty new, but have done episodes ranging from current shows, like Married at First Sight, to some obscure gems, like Tool Academy.

So, if you have some time, we'd really appreciate it if you would give our podcast a listen. We're super open to feedback and would LOVE to hear what you guys think!

http://whoputthison.podomatic.com/

iTunes - https://itunes.apple...d924812285?mt=2

I rediscovered this thread, and I'm currently listening to The Flop House, and while it'll take a little getting into, I'm enjoying it so far.

April Richardson's "Go Bayside" podcast is sorta similar. Every episode, her and another comedian watch an episode of "Saved by the Bell" then discuss and deconstruct the ridiculousness of "Saved by the Bell." The Howard Kremer episodes and the Jimmy Pardo episodes are my favorites.