🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 — Chevy Chase’s Land Shark

The gang continues their journey with the help of their new friend "The Rock", spent some relaxing me-time, met (possibly) Chevy Chase's Land Shark, and more!

Loved Sarah's approach to the Roc today. Good energy on this episode.

Suggestion--maybe bring Gerry back as a woman, like Marvel is doing with Thor?

I like the direction this episode is taking us. More of the Roc stuff, plus the promise of a new land to explore and new adventures. It makes the past several episodes feel like a prologue to a bigger, more cohesive adventure to come.

Also, I'm wondering if, since Gerry won't be around for a while, it wouldn't be better to part ways with Winter for a while. Maybe get a new regular on the show? A cleric of some kind?

Also, you should switch to 5th edition! It's really cool, simple, and there's only, like, one other D&D podcast playing 5th right now (I see you, Pretend Wizards).

I like the direction this episode is taking us. More of the Roc stuff, plus the promise of a new land to explore and new adventures. It makes the past several episodes feel like a prologue to a bigger, more cohesive adventure to come.

Also, I'm wondering if, since Gerry won't be around for a while, it wouldn't be better to part ways with Winter for a while. Maybe get a new regular on the show? A cleric of some kind?

Also, you should switch to 5th edition! It's really cool, simple, and there's only, like, one other D&D podcast playing 5th right now (I see you, Pretend Wizards).

At the end of "Season 1", Brian was saying that there were going to be one of special guests for one or two off episodes and new people playing with the group, etc. So far, we have had Brian's son for about 20 minutes and nothing else. Granted, the series is picking up steam again but it would be cool to even get something like Sark back playing a PC.

Loved Sarah's approach to the Roc today. Good energy on this episode.

Suggestion--maybe bring Gerry back as a woman, like Marvel is doing with Thor?

Are we talking about 'Gerry' or Gerry's character? :)

Brian! Holy hell enjoy WWZ on audio book! its almost like listening to a stage play! every voice is wonderful in it! it is one of my all time favorite audio books. ever. and as an office worker who gets to listen to whatever i want, ive listened to a shit ton of them...cheers!!

• Like 1

I got a little too excited when Blaine mentioned the colourful, far-off land, I hope he has some time outside of the game to create some interesting encounters.

I agree. Once we had a little more information about the Cathedral to contextualise the ceaseless skeletons I felt content to listen to the action. I think the issue with Blaine’s DMing (if there is one) is that there’s a big difference between telling a story in traditional narrative versus revealing it through gameplay. In retrospect all the little pieces of information Blaine peppered through the ‘campaign’ add up to quite a nice whole:

<spoilers>

the mind controlled Roc picking up loot laden adventurers, crapping out the shiny stuff, skeletons come collect and take back to the alter for the ritual</spoilers>

but everyone except Blaine had no idea that this was happening for the longest of time; even if there were just some clues in those administrative rooms to string us along...

That said, I really enjoy listening and, like a lot of other people, I’m here for the Nerd Poker part not the D&D, and the Nerd Poker has been the Nerdiest and Pokeriest it's ever been!

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised at how coherent the setting was, vs. how much it just looked like random Ray Harryhausen riffs at first.

Sign in to follow this