🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
CodusPlex

HDTGM.....Video Game Edition?

Hey guys! I freaking LOVE the show! Listen to it every day (been trying to get caught up lol) and my daughter loves the theme song (not the best parent). My fiance and I just saw Neighbors the other day and *SPOILERS* when the doctor came out to tell them their baby had HIV I screamed "Oh My God it's Jason!" *END SPOILERS* She thought I was crazy but, I digress. I love ripping on bad movies and I love what you guys do. I was wondering though, and I know you guys aren't super video game nerds but, I was wondering, have you ever thought or been approached by someone to lap the HDTGM name on a video game podcast? There are SO MANY horrible games out there! I have literally been playing games and thought "Why the fuck did they think this was a good idea?". I'm just saying, it could be awesome! Anyways, I'm gonna wrap this up now. Keep up the awesome work guys!

Not quite a podcast on it (more like a rifftrax kinda thing), but theres Retsupurae, which do a feature called Wrongpuraes, where they watch a playthrough of a stupid game.

Personal favorites: Ernest Evans (ie Ernest goes to Anime) -

T.R.A.G. (if resident evil and metal gear had a flipper baby that loved anime, and it coded a game) -

Urban Runner (ie, Poorkour) -

Crime Patrol (ie, hey rookie, paperwork is hard, just murder everyone) -

And, this one has a nice crossover with movies, because it literally is also a movie they stuck scenes of into an FMV shooting gallery game...and it has a character named Butts -

Nice! Awesome stuff guys! I've actually been talking with a couple of my friends today, we've all three wanted to do some sort of podcast but could never really think of anything and I brought this idea to them. We did decide that it'll be more of a web series than a podcast and more a MST3K kind of thing where we rip on the games AS we play them instead of playing them ahead of time. I know there are probably hundreds of shows like that but it'll be fun and hopefully we'll find our thing to make us stand out a bit more above the rest.

The Indoor Kids has some episodes dedicated to crazy games or tropes, especially in the earlier episodes where they talk about movie video games and "lost" video games.

• Like 1

The Angry Video Game Nerd and his friends have had some pretty great videos this year that would would fall into HDTGM territory, particularly a two-parter on the Universal Studios game where you spend 90% of the time running back and forth across the park (with a horrible, horrible camera angle that sometimes makes it impossible to figure out where you really are) picking up trash and standing in line just so you can spend 2 minutes playing a Back to the Future mini-game. There was also a review of a CD-I "game" The Flowers of Robert Maplethorpe, which is exactly as awesome as it sounds, and then a look at possibly the worst racing game ever, Big Rigs, which inspired this...

He'd actually be a hell of a guest for a future video game-inspired episode.

The Angry Video Game Nerd and his friends have had some pretty great videos this year that would would fall into HDTGM territory, particularly a two-parter on the Universal Studios game where you spend 90% of the time running back and forth across the park (with a horrible, horrible camera angle that sometimes makes it impossible to figure out where you really are) picking up trash and standing in line just so you can spend 2 minutes playing a Back to the Future mini-game.

OMG this game. I will spend the whole night watching youtube clips of this now.

Oh I thought by the title you wanted them to play and do their thing. Considering June's confusion at "What's a street fighter?" that would be a bad idea.

"What's a pac-man?"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this