🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 300 — Oh, Golly! You Devil

Ah man, Scott totally missed a "We've been alive" Staind callback there at the end but that's a tiny nitpick in what was an amazing episode. Andy Daly truly is an inspiration to me. I love all of this.

Yes! I was totally waiting for that. So much so that when it didn't happen I had to do it myself. Am I insane???

• Like 1

"Nah Sha Sha" really got a good giggle out of me

I was just honestly amazed while listening to this episode. They were making callbacks to episodes that were recorded YEARS ago, and I love that with every new Daly/Zouks episode the recaps about each character get longer and more convoluted. It's one of the longest running gags I've ever gotten to experience and it brings me crazy levels of joy.

HAPPY 300 COMEDY BI-...COMEDY BEH-... COMEDY BLIM BLAM!

• Like 13

This is such a special show. I feel lucky to be able to be able to follow this show on this wonderful journey. If the show ended here, it would feel complete. Just a brilliant episode. Thanks, Scott :)

• Like 4

I may be repeating myself, but I met Andy last year (my avatar) when they did the comic-con show in San Diego. I really wanted to meet him because he was one of my favorites and I always wanted to tell him a story I had.

A year or so prior I had a really bad panic attack, the first one I ever had, I thought I was going to die. My sister was comforting me and we decided to watch "What Happens in Vegas" (that dumb movie with Cameron Diaz and Ashton Kucher) and while we are watching the movie I see Andy in a small part of the movie and it totally helped bring me back to earth and made me happy in a really dire moment mentally. I told him this story and he could not have been nicer or more friendly, he wasn't just trying to get out of there as fast as he could, he was engaging and asked me questions and was overall just an awesome dude. I was so happy to get the opportunity and it just makes him that much more awesome (if that is even possible.)

• Like 11

Don DiMello's production of Disney's Frozen ( I HAD to do it )

10544201_10152518795322559_1738375922126881174_o.jpg

• Like 21

Paul F. Tompkins - the ball is in your court now! How will you top this?!?

• Like 10

I wish I had a better take on this episode, or something witty to say. I don't though, all I can do is agree with everyone here. Scott, Jason, and Andy delivered big. It isn't surprising, but that may be what amazes me the most. They knew they had a long episode with a million threads and call-backs and multiple characters....shit. This made me so happy, I'm at a loss.

• Like 3

Just looked it up, and Scott was right. Some types of rattle snakes are known for their rattle which stings people.

-Wait, the opposite-

Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over

• Like 5

This ep was just amazing. I love how the defenestration motif kept coming back e.g. Chip Gardner's 2nd album about doors & windows, the ingress/egress to the Pasadena Fairytale Theatre and the giant-made window that ultimately saved the day.

Only thing that could possibly top this in my mind is the upcoming Womptacular.

• Like 2

Yes! That man knows his Oxford English Dictionary

if you buy enough Oxford shirts, they throw in a dictionary for free

• Like 19

if you buy enough Oxford shirts, they throw in a dictionary for free

Possibly the best post in Earwolf Forum history.

• Like 6

I loved how when Bill Carter was talking about Victor, Jason attempted to make Andy include him as a character as well, and when Carter brought up that it wouldn't be possible due to Victor's frequent jailings, that's when I knew Billy Merritt was not going to be a surprise guest supporting player. But the best part was how they were able to still include Victor into the proceedings, and in an instrumental, LotR-eagles fashion too!!

• Like 2

I don't know if Scott has the time these days to read the comments, but just in case, I've gotta say thank you. Thank you SO MUCH for this. It made a kinda shitty week so much better. I am literally crying from too much laughter. This was simply amazing. THANK YOU. WOW.

• Like 4

A combination of insomnia and migraine headaches that I've been experiencing lately had been poised to ruin my morning today, but when I forced my way out of bed to get ready for work at 5:00 a.m. and checked to see what was in store for me in today's episode I involuntarily cheered out loud. Great job saving my day Earwolf!

Just looked it up, and Scott was right. Some types of rattle snakes are known for their rattle which stings people.

-Wait, the opposite-

Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over

Technicality no down boo over?!

• Like 2

Bummer of a milestone episode. Oh, well there's always the 600th ep.

I'm certain i'm in the minority here, if not the only one, of people who were let down by this episode.

Kind of expected a cavalcade of stars like in the anniversary shows.

Got mildly interested because I was a fan of the first part of this story...

The bummed out again listening to Andy fumble through a collection of similar sounding characters who peaked in their debut episodes.

Haterz back off

By the time episode 400 gets here, we can only hope for a gathering of Cake Boss, Ice-T, Andrew Lloyd Weber, Garry Marshall, Alan Thicke, Mike the Janitor, J.W. Stillwater, etc....

• Like 3

However, you are 100% correct about my premature revealing of our plug and track title by artist Sam Himburg. Sorry Sam, my actions are indefensible; I apologize unconditionally for the oversight.

All is forgiven, Engineer Cody Cody! I'd kill for that whiteboard, though. :)

episode 103, 2nd aniversary, PFT starts doing Adomian's Huell Howser. Its only for ten-twenty minutes, but it gets wild.

• Like 3

Guys. Big complaint. I've been looking up TOUR DE FORCE in my dictionary all night and this episode of this podcast keeps playing. Just give me the definition already!

Such an amazing episode! So much to love, and so much to ponder:

• Zouks calling out Scott on a failed joke (and letting him dangle on it) will never, ever get old. I loved it when it was "Beachfront Property!", and I loved it even more when it was, "I heard a great Ted talk from the mm. from the b-bear" "Nope."
  • The Andi Callahan reveal (spoiler alert, by the way), very funny, but also troubling, since Andi was (I'm pretty sure) the first character to introduce the now infamous Cactus Tony, and at the time I believe Tony was responsible for helping Andi to "acquire" patients. Now, if that's God, that is one sick, sadistic mofo. Then again, there are some who would consider that description apropos. Probably better not to dig too deep into that.
  • I was SOOO certain they were building up to Dalton Wilcox as the one who would save the day. When they mentioned the Excalibur Stone, it was described at one point (by Jason, if I remember correctly) as a sort of "hole in the earth". When the final climax was happening and the royal baby's blood was about to drip into the hole, I was convinced that Dalton was going to plug it up with his wooden (teak) dick and save the day. Don't get me wrong, listening to Patrick McMahon struggle through a limerick was hilarious, but that would have just felt so symbolically perfect.

I could probably go on for longer, and I'll likely come up with more thoughts and observations (humorous and otherwise) once I listen to it a second and third time, but for now I think I'll turn in.

• Like 3

This episode is fan service of the highest order, as well as a great victory lap for the Zouks-Daly saga that spans all the way back to the Bill Carter episode in 2010! Five years and 300 episodes in, CBB remains the comedy podcast of record. Thanks so much to Scott and everyone else involved.

All that said, I have to admit I still don't quite have a handle on Danny's whole D-battery situation. Can anyone clear this up?

• Like 3

I download the episode, listen to it, and laugh hysterically.

I come on the site to check out the pictures, see the episode title, and I laugh even harder.

• Like 2