🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 300 — Oh, Golly! You Devil

The only thing that would have made this better woulda been if Scott had glanced at his whiteboard, seen the magic words RAP BATTLE and made Mr Daly do ten verses in a row!

My name is Rappin' Golly and I'm here to say

It's fun to rap in a Satanic way

• Like 4

I want to hear a post-show interview with Andy Daly, just to see how mentally exhausting this is. I love how Jason & Scott push him to jump between characters and come up with limericks. A true talent, fucking hilarious.

• Like 2

First I thought it was cool to have the same last name as Tommy Boy, now I get to share a last name with God? The Callahan name just keeps on giving

Andy Daly characters are like Offspring songs, they all sound the same but it doesn't keep me from loving them any less.

I just... I just don't know what else to add. What a freakin' episode. "We've known each other since children," doing a limerick on the spot, not remembering Danny Mahoney, Clive Dundy not remembering his accent, Scott's baby cry, Don sounding confused and disappointed by being left holding a bleeding baby... I could go on and on, but I'll just give this one a cyber standing ovation. Andy Daly, you win 2014.

• Like 3

"This guy managed to talk 7-12 minutes about raising your hands above your head?"

"...it was a lady and yes"

"fuck that"

between that and the Luna bars, wrecks were almost had coming and going from work yesterday.

• Like 1

Man, I would have put money down on this episode ending with Dalton Wilcox's plugging the hole with...well, with what he plugs holes with.

• Like 2

Absolutely amazing. I stayed up until the episode was released, saw the lineup and knew it would be a potential GOAT episode. I debated pulling an all-nighter to listen, but instead waited until last night to listen. It was the only podcast to ever have made me make shocked facial expressions. The twists! The turns! The limericks!

I've been a staunch Andi Callahan R.N. supporter from the start, and was hoping for a return. I knew Cactus Tony got some of his meds from Andi!

I'm not going to say I called it, but I kind of called it.

I'm just glad they FINALLY played the lost episode!

When I claimed there was a lost episode, people refused to listen to me. I was ostracized and labelled a conspiracy theorist. Then men in black came and threw me into a van and I've been in an institution ever since.

Of course, that institution is marriage and had nothing to do with the lost episode. OR DID IT?

• Like 1

As the podcast goes along, it gets just better and better. Jason is killing himself as Andy adds character after character. And DAMN is Andy amazing! I keep trying to stifle my laughter at work!

This is truly a contender for episode of the year!

I really want to see a Scott C.-type 'Great Showdowns' illustration of this episode!

http://greatshowdowns.com/

Agreed! Especially with Chip Gardner's melted face and Cactus Tony's snakeskin wheelchair.

I love Scott C.

Great ep!! But man, I was really hoping to hear more about Danny Mahoney's battery dilemma. :)

Fantastic episode. 274 and this episode should be appended to the ADPPP.

Until the forces of good merged into one I assumed that Dalton Wilcox was going to stick his ebonied-teak dick in the hole in the Excalibur stone to block Beetle Bailey's blood from dripping into it. (Did I actually just write that?)

So is it canonical or not?!

• Like 1

Man, I would have put money down on this episode ending with Dalton Wilcox's plugging the hole with...well, with what he plugs holes with.

"This isn't that kind of show"

• Like 1

• I was SOOO certain they were building up to Dalton Wilcox as the one who would save the day. When they mentioned the Excalibur Stone, it was described at one point (by Jason, if I remember correctly) as a sort of "hole in the earth". When the final climax was happening and the royal baby's blood was about to drip into the hole, I was convinced that Dalton was going to plug it up with his wooden (teak) dick and save the day. Don't get me wrong, listening to Patrick McMahon struggle through a limerick was hilarious, but that would have just felt so symbolically perfect.

Yeah, I think that's what Jason was aiming for. He tried a couple times, but Andy didn't pick up on it. Probably because he had A LOT going on. That's okay, Andy. Still fantastic. ;)

"Now HERE is Patrick McMahon's limerick about the battle between good and evil."

"Oh, I can't wait for this. Oh boy, this is gonna be good!"

AND

"...two thousand pounds..."

Tears.

• Like 1

So is it canonical or not?!

since Scott has been in the twilight nether region (TNR) for the past 33 years,have all his guests also been trapped in the TNR? Did any of those first 274 episodes even happen?

or maybe every single one of us was also in the TNR?

questions, questions, questions... modern minds can come up with three questions.

• Like 4

since Scott has been in the twilight nether region (TNR) for the past 33 years,have all his guests also been trapped in the TNR? Did any of those first 274 episodes even happen?

or maybe every single one of us was also in the TNR?

questions, questions, questions... modern minds can come up with three questions.

Haha! Nice Mr. Show pull.

Is Earwolf and the TNR the same thing? I think it would be possible for them to record the podcast in the TNR and still upload it to the internet. I bet they have internet providers in the TNR....wait, but is it the same internet?

• Like 1