🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 42 — Sinbad, Our Close Friend

Not inspired to post this week. Don't know why. Sad face.

• Like 3

Top five ProVersion guests:

5. Jaden Smith

4. Julia Louis-Dreyfuss

3. Jeremy Pivens

2. Frankie Muniz

1. Brett Gelman

• Like 9

I'll bite. Off the top of my head:

1. Benny Swaz

2. Sinbad

3. John Cochran

4. Adam Pally

5. Dave Thomas

• Like 2

Not inspired to post this week. Don't know why. Sad face.

:(

Chanson needs some prayers, y'all. Where my prayer warriors?

• Like 9

Sinbad+Brian Huskey+Dave Thomas= my dream all-stars ep.

"Stefi is lookin gooood lately"

• Like 8

5. Mr. T

4. Carl Weathers

3. Hulk Hogan

2. Dolph Lundgren.

1. Believing you're not good enough and that Adrian can never love you.

• Like 1

Perhaps a more precise / equally fun exercise would be to pick out individual moments (to make it relevant, I'll specify that these be moments with guests, but we can abandon that stipulation pretty quickly).

Off the domepiece:

• At the very end of the Helbig ep when Grace is like, "This is how you end?" with genuine disbelief.
  • When Corddry was like, "Speak on that," and it just bussed the boys' whole entire shits right up. (Because that's what the boys say, usually they say "Speak on that.")
  • When Benny Shwaz starts singing "Aaaaaaaahhh BREAKOUT, beep-beep, poot-poots" after Hayes says something nice, and then Hayes says, "You're a good compliment-accepter"
  • SO MUCH of the Pally reactions, but esp when he starts talking shit about Lamorne in response to the boys' baiting. I think he says something like, "Lamorne is like 50 fucking years old"
  • When BJ Novak is like, "You have a strange relationship with plurals"

Edit: Please note that I say this activity might be "equally fun," compared to the single-ep lists we've been doing. That's because I'm not convinced that this type of listing is any fun at all. I want to make that clear up front. But I seem to derivesome kinda feeling from it, if only simple recognition, acknowledgement of shared experience, and the resulting personal validation that I do, in fact, exist in a world among others.

• Like 9

5. Mr. T

4. Carl Weathers

3. Hulk Hogan

2. Dolph Lundgren.

1. Believing you're not good enough and that Adrian can never love you.

hello friend. i hate to be "that guy" but most of these are actually characters in the "Rocky" series of movies & not guests of the Hollywood Handbook podcast. :)

• Like 5

hello friend. i hate to be "that guy" but most of these are actually characters in the "Rocky" series of movies & not guests of the Hollywood Handbook podcast. :)

Waait a second, I think you're right! Good eye, TKS. Good lookin out.

As for you, "Bonny," which I'm guessing isn't your real name, you thought you could just slip into this mutual exchange of positive feelings and soak in some of those tasty, tasty compliments on some BULLSHIT TIP? Well, pal, you've got another thing coming. Clean up your whole entire act, buster.

edit: ok, it looks like 3 of those punching guys actually were also guesting on the pro version eps. i'm sorry i blew a casket, it's just that injustice makes me so mad i can't even typing. it's a finely homed sense of social morays

• Like 2

Perhaps a more precise / equally fun exercise would be to pick out individual moments (to make it relevant, I'll specify that these be moments with guests, but we can abandon that stipulation pretty quickly).

Off the domepiece:

• At the very end of the Helbig ep when Grace is like, "This is how you end?" with genuine disbelief.
  • When Corddry was like, "Speak on that," and it just bussed the boys' whole entire shits right up. (Because that's what the boys say, usually they say "Speak on that.")
  • When Benny Shwaz starts singing "Aaaaaaaahhh BREAKOUT, beep-beep, poot-poots" after Hayes says something nice, and then Hayes says, "You're a good compliment-accepter"
  • SO MUCH of the Pally reactions, but esp when he starts talking shit about Lamorne in response to the boys' baiting. I think he says something like, "Lamorne is like 50 fucking years old"
  • When BJ Novak is like, "You have a strange relationship with plurals"

Edit: Please note that I say this activity might be "equally fun," compared to the single-ep lists we've been doing. That's because I'm not convinced that this type of listing is any fun at all. I want to make that clear up front. But I seem to derivesome kinda feeling from it, if only simple recognition, acknowledgement of shared experience, and the resulting personal validation that I do, in fact, exist in a world among others.

Wow. These are all among my favorite moments as well. When Adam says " Lamorne is like 50" it busses my whole shizz up

• Like 4

Great ep. Sinbad knows the name of the game and can really play ball with the boys. Must be in the genes 'cause his daughter was quick on the draw too.

I don't know why he hasn't been around as much as he used to. Back in the 90's he was killin it with his stand up specials and his movies were all funny as heck. Man as a kid I loved Houseguest with Phil Hartman and him.

Glad to see he still has his chops.

• Like 2

Sorry Greggy you want us to think you're a boring guy but I know the truth. I'm just gonna come out and say it, our dear Greggy is none other than Barack Obama!!!

Here's my evidence:

Married

Has Kids

Names have the same number of syllables

I think he mentioned Chicago once

So obviously its undeniable.

• Like 9

Sinbad+Brian Huskey+Dave Thomas= my dream all-stars ep.

"Stefi is lookin gooood lately"

Stefi must be such a fuckin' babe.

• Like 4

Mr. Stuck, what is it like to live in the shadow of Stephen Stucker. ha ha. I will delete this post if this sort of fun has already been had on the facebook.

Get Toy First is the second best Winter movie ever produced, number one being Hurt Burglars 2: NYC Rampage.

• Like 8

SO MANY NEW POSTERS THIS WEEK.

bob marley playing soccer.

fight club.

muhammad ali VS. the rubber punching man.

THE LIST GOES ON. SOMEONE ELSE HELP ME OUT HERE.

• Like 6

Mr. Stuck, what is it like to live in the shadow of Stephen Stucker. ha ha. I will delete this post if this sort of fun has already been had on the facebook.

i've spent a lot of time trying to distance myself from him and make a name for myself but i guess its time to face facts. i'm never going to escape my fate as stephen stucker's illegitimate son.

• Like 2

Apologies, I did not wish to tussle up any bad memories. We are all very proud of you here.

• Like 1

bob marley playing soccer.

fight club.

muhammad ali VS. the rubber punching man.

Beatles crossing the street

John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson pointing guns to the left

Bob Ross being arrested at gunpoint

black-light reactive tiger

• Like 2

what is up friendos? I hope you’re all keepin it real. Dating Naked was back

this week and badabababaaa… I’m lovin it. Next week’s teaser looks promising

too, apparently one of the contestants is an escaped mental patient.

I vote these two the winners of this ep

Ashley - Southern belle bringing it country strong! I am born and raised in the south and I have no doubt that this Dixieland delight straight up rocks worlds. It takes a man like me that has a certain let’s just say, “confederate constitution” to handle a fine farm girl like this. Yankees need not apply.

Stephen - now this aussie knows how to have a good time. all of the jokes he cracked bussed my whole shit up, and the schtick he did about eating the chili peppers then puking them up like a little baby and the water skiing with his face really had me loffing.

btw I couldn’t possibly rank RSS or HH shows. each one is a special special friend that is there for me everytime people friends let me down… ps I dont have any people friends, it's very likely I am imagining all of you.

• Like 5

So... Fuck everyone who talked about the show this week. Everyone knows we come on this forum to not talk about Hollywood Handbook. WHAT IS THIS? FUCKING AMATEUR HOUR? I haven't seen a pic of even one person's Pussy or D. That's a real shame. You guys are what's wrong with America.

PS - I bet you've all been sober while posting, too.

• Like 6

On another topic, normally I would never plug another potty on this board but I have been listening to 'the x files files' which is cool because they totally stole the idea for the name from 'the reality show show' and it's about the x files which I love because I am just such a big nerd like that and stuff. On a recent ep they said that chris carter use to go onto a x files forum pretending to be someone else in order to get honest feedback about the show. I wonder if Sean and Hayes do that?

• Like 5

My bad Chanson, it does seem a bit more on the nose than it oughta be. If I wanted to discuss a show in a forum, I'd be over at the Nerd Guy podcast empire, am I right? You know, that comedy referee from the show on comedy central at 12:00 am. Pointing

Also, that one with the b & w picture of the two hot chicks in underwear kissing

• Like 5