🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gregoryg

Guest Idea: Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast

There are lots of bad movie podcasts out there, but in my mind one is unique in its concept and dedication: The Worst Idea of All Time, in which the hosts watch and review Grown Ups 2 once per week for a year. They are currently on viewing/review #22 as they descend into madness and despair.

I'd love for the HDTGM crew to watch Grown Ups 2 and then have the guys from Worst Idea on as the foremost experts in what is apparently a very terrible film and pick it apart in detail. Thoughts?

• Like 6

I would definitely say committing to watching Grown Ups 2 every week for a year is The Worst Idea of All Time.

I would definitely say committing to watching Grown Ups 2 every week for a year is The Worst Idea of All Time.

haha zing

The Worst Idea of All Time is a great podcast. Thanks for the recommendation

Wow. I have to check out that podcast now. And yeah, that does sound like a good idea, not watching Grown Ups 2 more than once, but having hosts of other bad movie podcasts come on HDTGM. Because it does seem like there's lots of podcasts that critique and deconstruct Movies/TV Shows, but I'm hesitant to listen to them if the host(s) isn't some comedian that I'm already familiar with.

• Like 1

Grown Ups 2....absolutely retarded film. beyond all comprehension of dumb. How...how..HOW ! can Adam Sandlar still have any kind of credibility after this? or any1 who wrote directed this. It was and is a monumental embarrassment words just do not describe.

He had credibility before this?

Happy Gilmore was a pretty big hit, and arguably the Water Boy, and before that his comedy CD sold pretty well from what I remember. But ya, seems like the poor guy has very little talent.

I started listening to The Worst Idea of All Time after reading this post and I am hooked. I still have yet to watch Grown Ups 2 and I don't think I'm going to. It's a very enjoyable listen. I recommend it.

I can't find a RSS feed for them. Is there any way to listen to it on my mp3 player without using that itunes nonsense?

• Like 1

I can't find a RSS feed for them. Is there any way to listen to it on my mp3 player without using that itunes nonsense?

If you have a iphone type device, androd. look for Downcast. it has a search for shows feature and lets you download and save all of the HDTGM shows. I love that app. I would be lost with out it. or you can add shows you've already got on your computer to the player. this would need craptunes to import. or there are other apps that would let you import with that.

http://rss.earwolf.c...d-this-get-made

If your talking about HDTGM

• Like 1

If your talking about HDTGM

Thanks, I have HDTGM in my podcatcher already, it's the Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast that I was trying to add.

Best part of that movie is Stone Cold Steve Austin dancing with his 20 years younger than him girlfriend in the movie.

There isn't a clip of that, but there is this:

Thanks, I have HDTGM in my podcatcher already, it's the Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast that I was trying to add.

I found it on Downcast's search menu.

here is the url...

http://worstideaofal....libsyn.com/rss

http://worstideaofalltime.libsyn.com/rss

Wow grownups2 each week. do they do this show stoned? this isn't like a drug smoking show is it?

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode of Treehouse of horror. the Krusty the Clown show when Bart makes Krusty do a none stop marathon because Bart has this super power to make people do things. it's based on the twilight zone show. He can make people do what ever Bart wants and we all know when Bart does something, it's good that bart did that, it's good.. One of my favorite episodes of all time. it's a classic.

• Like 2

Wow. I have to check out that podcast now. And yeah, that does sound like a good idea, not watching Grown Ups 2 more than once, but having hosts of other bad movie podcasts come on HDTGM. Because it does seem like there's lots of podcasts that critique and deconstruct Movies/TV Shows, but I'm hesitant to listen to them if the host(s) isn't some comedian that I'm already familiar with.

Definitely agree with you. I know it's rather wrong of me, but I can't really enjoy a podcast if it's some random (white dude) jack-off, I need someone with at least a decade of stage experience otherwise it's just going to be monodrone-city.

I may have to watch grown-ups two just to listen to this podcast.

but everytime I try and watch it, I notice the words on the box art Rob Schneider, David Spade, Chris Rock, now I can take Adam Sandler a bit but the other three amigos, Not sure.

who is the most irritating person in this movie?

I found it on Downcast's search menu.

here is the url...

http://worstideaofal....libsyn.com/rss

Thanks for that, I usually have good luck finding them just using Google but somehow this one eluded me. I'll have to give the show a try, I'm not sure I can force myself to watch the movie though.

Yeah I am the same way. I'm watching grown-ups, the first one. I'm at the 20 minute mark have yet to laugh once.

Best line so far " I want mommy's milk" that was sort of funny.

Hey ladies I'm from Saskatoon. Worst Canadian accent I've ever heard in my life. I could of came up with a better line then that.

so those are some of my highlights of that movie. it's really not so funny comedy as eveyrone here most likely already knows, feels forced at times. and you can tell Adam just called in all of his who's who buddy's at the last minute to star in the film. None of the other actors really add anything funny to the movie. here's Steve Buscemi. but he doesn't do anything with him other then show him with his short sort of off. it's really bad stuff.

can't wait to watch grown ups 2. it's worst then the first. so why did they feel the need to make second one?

FUCK...

So I watch grown-ups two. It was shockingly better than grown-ups one. It was so much worth it, because the podcast "Worst Idea Of All Time" really was entertaining and I really enjoyed it and I might listen to more of them in the future. It's really funny to listen to their meltdown as time goes on. The best part is you dont have to wait, for more shows because you can just listen to one everyday. As they Have been doing it for 30 episode so far.

I would really recommend how did this get made do grownups two. I am shocked that it hasn't been done yet.

So if you're reading this and your thinking about this podcast skip grown-ups one and go right to number two. You'll thank me for that little tip.

This sums up this movie very well.

2vtekpu.jpg

Welp, they got a shoutout on this week's LOL episode.

Unfortunately Paul referred to them as Australian when they're actually New Zealanders. Cue crying Kiwis.

Welp, they got a shoutout on this week's LOL episode.

Unfortunately Paul referred to them as Australian when they're actually New Zealanders. Cue crying Kiwis.

he also shouted the out in this thing he did for the av club

http://www.avclub.com/article/wolfpop-curator-paul-scheer-programs-24-hours-his--211904

I hope he heard about it from these forums, I crave any evidence that we're not just shouting into the void here

I'd assume the HDTGM cast is to afraid to commit an episode to bashing an Adam Sandler movie, doesn't he employ alot of comedians?

I bet he's at least close friends with people who do

Sign in to follow this